British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Vs Edinburgh Sunday 17th August (7pm Start)

so the promoters can watch football instead of PROMOTING speedway very sad . and people ask me why i dont go to the speedway now .

Errr NO!!!

So that the Promoter doesn't have to take a loss because half of his Crowd are attending a Football Match. By delaying the start they can do BOTH!!!

A very sound business decision in my opinion - the Promoter would be mad not to change the start time.

Whether YOU like it or not Football is way bigger than Speedway these days - accommodations have to be made in order to co-exist.

It might be an idea to think your argument through before you Post unwarranted criticism of one of the better Promotional setups in the Premier League.

• Like 1

so the promoters can watch football instead of PROMOTING speedway very sad . and people ask me why i dont go to the speedway now .

Wrong again, and on the same point. Nowt to do with the promoters getting to the match. All about making it a time convenient for those supporters and track staff to get to the match and also attend their speedway meeting. Plenty of promoting goes on which you will never know about, but keep saying it and you'll think your right.

• Like 1

Errr NO!!!

So that the Promoter doesn't have to take a loss because half of his Crowd are attending a Football Match. By delaying the start they can do BOTH!!!

A very sound business decision in my opinion - the Promoter would be mad not to change the start time.

Whether YOU like it or not Football is way bigger than Speedway these days - accommodations have to be made in order to co-exist.

It might be an idea to think your argument through before you Post unwarranted criticism of one of the better Promotional setups in the Premier League.

see you been missing it then ???,,, totally agree with you,,,

was it not why there was no fixture originally set for 17th August,,, beginning of the football season and the 'Toon' possibly being the 'Sky' game and 50000 at St. James,,, fuelled up on lager, where a handful of them would maybe do speedway aswell ???,,, I might not agree with it, but do see the sense in it,,, but unfortunately there is a lot more eejits follow football than speedway :-(

see you been missing it then ???,,, totally agree with you,,,

was it not why there was no fixture originally set for 17th August,,, beginning of the football season and the 'Toon' possibly being the 'Sky' game and 50000 at St. James,,, fuelled up on lager, where a handful of them would maybe do speedway aswell ???,,, I might not agree with it, but do see the sense in it,,, but unfortunately there is a lot more eejits follow football than speedway :-(

You talkin bout meee ?? :shock::shock::D:D:P

• Like 2

Of course its a sensible decision. What about the fans who go to the match? I would rather stay and watch the full match before going to the speedway and knowing I will get there in time for the start.

• Like 1

Its not even up for debate that speedway should be later and avoid people missing because of the football. Its not just ths speedway all sports in the region do it its common sense as only one team wins that battle.

Its not even up for debate that speedway should be later and avoid people missing because of the football. Its not just ths speedway all sports in the region do it its common sense as only one team wins that battle.

Obvious to most, but not to some. Just a dig.

Obvious to most, but not to some. Just a dig.

Any news on guests for tonight?

Any weather updates for tonight? I reckon the monarchs can finish a difficult week on a big high

Bright Sunny but very gusty wind about 2 miles from the track!

• Like 1

Ben Hopwood guests for the Monarchs in place of Aaron Fox (info from Monarch website).

Hope we can get the win but expect better Monarchs than at Berwick and Somerset and if millsy is missing would be a blow considering his excellent peformances at home and little options for a guest. However Diamonds have been on a good run at home recently which hopefully will continue tonight.

Ben Hopwood guests for the Monarchs in place of Aaron Fox (info from Monarch website).

good luck to ben for tonite, also must mention on friday we had someone named clegg imo he was always on the pace even he got nil of 3 rides he was good against a leaser team of somerset might have got something