British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Rye House V Newcastle 13/8

a bit of a shock for the lights to be turned off last night so soon after heat 15. there were still quite a few people in the stadium at the time, is old len trying to save a few bob on the electricity!

Looked a little dark on the first turn before heat 15

As a casual reader of this Thread - I couldn't understand some of the Initials.

Ah well!! My loss. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::blink:

As a casual reader of this Thread - I couldn't understand some of the Initials.

Ah well!! My loss. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::blink:

EK-Edward Kennett; SB-Steve Boxall; JB-Jason Bunyan; JG-Jason Garrity, LB-Luke Bowen, AM-Anders Mellgren, OG-Oliver Greenwood

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Floodlights could defo do with an upgrade, track looked very dark for the riders.

As I predicted, postman pat & silver to blame for heat 15. Completely unprofessional, but not at all surprising from them two.

The air fence blocks out the light from the floodlights, and whose idea to have a dark blue fence???

the lights on the bends could do with adjusting. They seem to be in the same position as last season.

Often wondered why the air fence was blue on the sides and yellow on top. Maybe they cocked up the order ? Riders stood out more against the yellow.

I think riders on the winners parade lap often look fed up and rarely look happy unless its the away team. I guess last nights heat 15 balls-up must have taken its toll.

Its a real shame Garrity has switched-off at Rye, I have enjoyed his development over the previous 2 years and remember him being a very enthusastic rider. Chatting to his granddad about his history and development you got the impression he was over the moon to ride for Rye. Now his focus is elsewhere, things change.

Have to agree re above views of look of Rockets 2015 -

Edward

Anders

Olly

Luke , has his moments but all too infrequent. Time for a change but I doubt it will happen.

Steve Boxall, seems to be the same old story - talent but no consistent machinery. Sort that out then an asset worth keeping, but say that year on year.

Jason Bunyan, won't be back even if asked.

Garrity - would like him to stay if he had the commitment and interest he used to have. However I think he has already left...

Always enjoy my Speedway (Workington match aside :rolleyes: ) even if there is nothing to play for. Lets avoid last bottom of the table.

I have to say EK rides with a zeal unmatched by any of his teammates. He's a definite to return. OG showing great quality and getting better with every ride. Next years number 7 for me. AM looking good despite missing half the season a definite For me. Pick any one of SB JB or Tyson nelson to be number 6. Expected much better from JG. Not sure what's up but seems to be going through the motions. Pains me to say that LB is looking more like Kent will be his destination with every passing week. If the four I've outlined are retained with a perhaps reinvigorated JG then that's the nucleus of a very good side.

I have to say EK rides with a zeal unmatched by any of his teammates. He's a definite to return. OG showing great quality and getting better with every ride. Next years number 7 for me. AM looking good despite missing half the season a definite For me. Pick any one of SB JB or Tyson nelson to be number 6. Expected much better from JG. Not sure what's up but seems to be going through the motions. Pains me to say that LB is looking more like Kent will be his destination with every passing week. If the four I've outlined are retained with a perhaps reinvigorated JG then that's the nucleus of a very good side.

Please can you just right names, its not that difficult surely.

• Like 1

With rumours abound that next year could be the final season at Rye before Silver sells up, don't expect any major changes next year.

That's write, you tell him!

• Like 2

Won't he want to maximise the value of the rights with a big hurrah shadders?

What do you think?

I'd be able to tell you the Bandits riders from their initials. It ain't that difficult surely?
  • Like 1

With rumours abound that next year could be the final season at Rye before Silver sells up, don't expect any major changes next year.

if that rumour is true shads, let's hope it's not the last ever season of racing at rye.

What do you think?

I'd be able to tell you the Bandits riders from their initials. It ain't that difficult surely?

It is if you are a casual visitor like me. Obviously myself and others don't matter - well that's OK then.

Bloody Southerners. :o;):D