British Speedway Forum
mrcts

Leicester V Lakeside 16/8/14

Broken bone in his foot after a crash in heat 15 last night.

Foot? He had his arm plastered up on the photo I saw so presumably two injuries? :unsure:

The arm is an abrasion injury - hence the strapping. The main injury is a broken bone in the foot!!

Max Clegg should take the plaudits tonight with 2 Heat wins. Poor that the management didn't publically acknowledge his achievement however.

• Like 1

Good for Max. I know he has it in him to do a lot better than he his doing for the Lions. I think most of it is a fact that he has very little confidence in himself. You only have to look at what he does for Cradley to see he has the skill to win races. Maybe those 2 wins will do him good. A great shame though that they didn't give him a bit of credit for the wins though.

• Like 2

Good for Max. I know he has it in him to do a lot better than he his doing for the Lions. I think most of it is a fact that he has very little confidence in himself. You only have to look at what he does for Cradley to see he has the skill to win races. Maybe those 2 wins will do him good. A great shame though that they didn't give him a bit of credit for the wins though.

Max guested for us (edinburgh) last night even though he didn't score he was on the pace chasing down who ever was in front of him each time. If only he could keep his front wheel down out the start and get to the first bend with everyone else or in front of everyone else he would score far more points.

When the meeting finished last night he came out and done some more laps practising his starts with a little help from stevie Worrall which was great to see from a young brit always looking to improve. So well done Max! :t:

• Like 3

Well done to young Max Clegg and to Tom Perry both gave it there all last night.For the first time this season our reserves have comprehensively out scored the opposition and swayed the meeting in our favour.Some good heats but why in the interval did the tractor come out and grade so heavily that the track became dangerous with far too much grip,Doyley came off and none of the riders looked happy with it they were all over the place,then two heats later the tractor comes out to pull all the dirt off again.

Madness and probably cost us all three points.

Good to see Lewis Bridger going well great entertainment to see him trying everything to beat Steady and Doyley in Heat 10.

Once again well Maxy

Although with a full team we might have won the meeting, I'm happy with a point considering that we were without our top 2 riders - Bech probably would have scored quite a few more points than Schlein did as he seems to love the place. We did ok out of R/R for Davey but Adam Ellis might also have picked up a few more points if he had been there. Big thanks to both guests though, especially Rory for helping us out once again this season.

Having said that, Leicester weren't at full strength either to be fair!

It's really good to see Richard, Lewis and Kim scoring well - particularly Lewis, who has been riding with much more determination this year and is overall doing much better away from home than he has in the past. He's incredibly entertaining to watch when he's having a good night, and those good nights seem to be happening much more frequently these days. Keep it up Lewis!

Just been on the Lions website, it was nice to see that Norrie Allen had nothing but praise for what Max Clegg acheived last night.

As Mr Blobby staes, Max's main problem is his gating. With his front wheel 9 times out of 10, going up in the air, the other riders are usually at the start of the first bend by the time he has his bike back under control.

I am still certain though that he can only get better.

He rides so well for Cradley and the Lion Cub's. I am sure it is just nerves with him. With help from the senior riders and some of the other fast track lads he rides with or aginst, I am sure he will be far better when it comes to next season.

He just needs that extra bit of confidence. Then I think he will be there among the points on a week in week out basis.

Best of Luck to him, because it is the youngsters, that are now riding in the FTR, that are going to become the stars of the future.

• Like 2

I also think that because the track was a bit slicker last night, Max appeared to have visibly more confidence.

Probably the ride of the season from Lewis Bridger in heat 10, fantastic effort to go from third to first, but he did look fast and controlled all night.

• Like 2

Just been on the Lions website, it was nice to see that Norrie Allen had nothing but praise for what Max Clegg acheived last night.

As Mr Blobby staes, Max's main problem is his gating. With his front wheel 9 times out of 10, going up in the air, the other riders are usually at the start of the first bend by the time he has his bike back under control.

I am still certain though that he can only get better.

He rides so well for Cradley and the Lion Cub's. I am sure it is just nerves with him. With help from the senior riders and some of the other fast track lads he rides with or aginst, I am sure he will be far better when it comes to next season.

He just needs that extra bit of confidence. Then I think he will be there among the points on a week in week out basis.

Best of Luck to him, because it is the youngsters, that are now riding in the FTR, that are going to become the stars of the future.

Max got fliers in his first and last race, a typical wheel in the air start for his second and he started with the others in his other race. A little bit of luck but luck that will do his confidence no harm at all.

There were other fliers during the meeting from members of both teams that Mr Reeve missed.