British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hampshire3321

Torun Sgp 2014 (inc Sunday)

...You reap what you sow I'm afraid. Don't think any of the other riders will be losing any sleep about any perceived bias against Pedersen. He got away with things in the past when he was Top Dog but not anymore.

Interesting... KK when asked by the Polish interviewer what he thought about his and Nicki Pedersen's clash - replied:

-Nicki Pedersen nie szanuje innych. Inni też go nie będą szanować. -Nicki does not respect others. Others will also not respect him.

• Like 1

I am always pleased when nicki gets excluded,especially when ive had a good brt on kasprzak, maybe his reputation came back to bite him.

So where was Nicki's lady friend this time who keeps him cool in the pits and looks after his every need? Probably his antics in the last G.P. have scared her off and I don't blame her. :lol:

Though it was 50/50 on the KK incident,but Nicki deserved 3rd overall thought Greg gave Tai the win he needed in his last race spent the whole race looking for him.

• Like 1

One things for sure. Love him or hate him, you cant ignore Nicki. GP will be a poorer place when he calls it a day.

As I said last night, it was a poor decision. Riders will quite often touch going into the corners (especially early in the heat). Had KK gone down straight away then the argument to exclude Pedersen would be stronger. Pedersens catalogue of misdemeanors means few people will be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt when hes the innocent party.

Though it was 50/50 on the KK incident,but Nicki deserved 3rd overall thought Greg gave Tai the win he needed in his last race spent the whole race looking for him.

Not to sure I agree with that. Tai was pretty quick towards the end of the meeting. I think Hancocks got too much integrity to start throwing races - unlike another American I can think of! Edited by mb1990
  • Like 1

What i noticed about Tai, in his races he seems to be constantly looking what the other riders are doing, instead of doing his own race... Also his gating is nothing like it was..

He said on his twitter a few weeks ago, he could not wait for the season to end...........

Wish him all the best for 2015

Come back fighting Tai.............

So where was Nicki's lady friend this time who keeps him cool in the pits and looks after his every need? Probably his antics in the last G.P. have scared her off and I don't blame her. :lol:

She was there, I spotted her in one of the camera shots, but true, I didnt see her at the time of him receiving news he was excluded. Maybe she knew what was coming and decided to disapear.

Re Greg and Tai. I dont think Greg slowed down to wait for Tai, but he wasnt too bothered when Tai passed him, and lets face it, by that time he was World Champ so why would he just let it go. He would have even let me past on my push bike (with stabilisers).

Dont know whats happened to Tai in the last few meetings. Wasnt so long before he was dicing for the world championship, then had a chance still of overhauling KK, then found himself in a dice with Zagar and Pederson for 3rd. Perhaps a good job Zagar had a poor meeting as well or he would have finished 5th. Very peculiar, and it sounds like even he cant figure it out..

Edited by OveFundinFan

SHE was in Stockholm when Nicki was still troubled by his shoulder. Normally only in attendance when he has injury problems.

She was there, I spotted her in one of the camera shots, but true, I didnt see her at the time of him receiving news he was excluded. Maybe she knew what was coming and decided to disapear.

Re Greg and Tai. I dont think Greg slowed down to wait for Tai, but he wasnt too bothered when Tai passed him, and lets face it, by that time he was World Champ so why would he just let it go. He would have even let me past on my push bike (with stabilisers).

Dont know whats happened to Tai in the last few meetings. Wasnt so long before he was dicing for the world championship, then had a chance still of overhauling KK, then found himself in a dice with Zagar and Pederson for 3rd. Perhaps a good job Zagar had a poor meeting as well or he would have finished 5th. Very peculiar, and it sounds like even he cant figure it out..

TAI was a bvit down after practice. Needs to get away and recharge his batteries ... which he will.

Been a tough campaign with injuries, raising money for his charity, whole host of WC duties, etc, etc. He'll be back ...

Great GP all action all trying 100%

Well done to Greg H, kk, Nicki & Tai professional at the end great job 100%

Nicki robbed in my opinion in front and lent on by KK who came off worst! Wrong call ref!

• Like 1

Pedersen did nothing wrong. Poor decision by the ref

• Like 1

Not to sure I agree with that. Tai was pretty quick towards the end of the meeting. I think Hancocks got too much integrity to start throwing races - unlike another American I can think of!

It was absolutely blatant.

He was looking for Tai the whole race. Coming out of turn 2 1st time, he took a long look over his shoulder (which he hadn't in any previous race) and moved over to ensure he blocked the run of those in 2nd and 3rd, he kept looking and as soon as he saw it was Tai he ensured he stayed down low.

He also let Tai by in the Semi-Final, he attempted to again slow down those in 2nd and 3rd, the moment they came passed him he pulled over to allow Tai to chase.

I didn't have a problem with it, I was shouting at the TV for him to do it.. he obliged :)

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

True, but tonight he was harshly excluded. TV never learn, stick a camera in front of a fallen or excluded rider and they are bound to be swearing, what do these idiot TV cameramen expect.

Don't blame the cameramen, they just do as they are told.

As a former rider Gardell should definetly see that Kasprzak could have stayed on if he wanted to.

And why is Castagna in the pits? He should know not to argue with riders in the pits!!

What was Armando supposed to do when Nicki got in his face?

Also it was the third time he'd done it in the series - remember the Zagar incident?

And yes, Greg did let Tai through on both occasions but I think it would have been justice for Tai to finish third overall. He was the third best rider in the series - Greg, KK and Tai were the top three throughout the year by a long way.

Edited by billywamill

Just watched the GP again!

A brilliant GP! IT HAD IT ALL

Great racing

Tension

Excitement

Great noisy crowd

Great track

Dodgy decisions

Arguments

x3 worthy medalists

• Like 1