British Speedway Forum

On the subject of programme prices, having not attended a meeting since programmes were 1/6 (you have to be old to know what 1/6 is). I was cleaned out after buying my Cardiff programme. To be fair it was somewhat better than the old 4 page West Ham copy!.

My advice is don't go to the PLRC, or if you do take the full page colour add for the event on the back page of this weeks Speedway Star, which states, FEATURING and then lists all the riders who are absent as taking part. Then demand reduced admission, or you will report them to the Advertising Standards Agency.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1

save money, support YOUR local speedway team and DONT go to the second rate plrc . what is it.. 4 no 1s missing. disgraceful .

and he is trying to get back to ride in the second rate plrc cos he misses the plrc soooo much. dont EVER let them ride again, even if they have an average of 12.00 all season..

• Like 2

Rohan Tungate has tweeted that his Play off meeting has been postponed!

hope it's not rearranged for when one of ippos play off matches are :)

save money, support YOUR local speedway team and DONT go to the second rate plrc . what is it.. 4 no 1s missing. disgraceful .

Or just go and enjoy the racing... Just a thought

• Like 5

Nobody should boycott this meeting as I don't see what that would achieve, its hardly the fault of Sheffield Speedway that many riders of varying clubs find a play-off meeting in Poland more enticing than the chance to become PLRC, I`m sure it will be a decent meeting.

• Like 3

Nobody should boycott this meeting as I don't see what that would achieve, its hardly the fault of Sheffield Speedway that many riders of varying clubs find a play-off meeting in Poland more enticing than the chance to become PLRC, I`m sure it will be a decent meeting.

Agree but this is a BSPA meeting, held at Sheffield. It just frustrates the hell out of me when it's the supporters that are treated with no respect, by the riders or promotors. With a bit of simple planning and a pair of balls it could have been avoided - but no one seems to care and just expect we will turn up regardless.

• Like 2

i think its the way olly allen said a few weeks ago the he could make 3 times the amount of smackeroonies in poland than riding in his own country. thats what stinks. the greedy bar person should be made to pay for his remarks and support his local team by turning up at the plrc. just how many times has olly riden in pokand this year. disgraceful .

Considering the problems being encountered by overseas play offs at this time of year, would it not make sense to just "move" the PLRC to another date earlier in the calendar?

Yes, injuries could still play a part in determining the field but it would go someway towards stopping riders deliberately missing the competition through monetary gain elsewhere or, being "required" to attend said meetings just on the off chance that they may be needed!!

It is the big opportunity in the PL for the top guy's to test themselves against their peers to decide who is the Champion rider out of the best men around at this time, surely that has to count for something otherwise, why even bother having such an event if it is going to be treated as a second class citizen? :(

My apologies if this has already been submitted elsewhere!! ;)