British Speedway Forum

Disgusting words from Poole owner Matt Ford in Speedway Star, I Quote.Fingers crossed he gets away with it because obviously we need him desperately for the play-offsend quote. That should be a fine on its own.

What more do you expect, Typical Ford!

Yet if it was any other rider, he would be quoting has rules are there for a reason and shouldn't be broken for one rider.

What more do you expect, Typical Ford!

Yet if it was any other rider, he would be quoting has rules are there for a reason and shouldn't be broken for one rider.

One rule for Poole - another rule for everyone else? :unsure::P

• Like 3

What a disgusting attitude from Matt Ford. Wouldn't expect nothing less. The man is already putting British speedway on its knees and now makes statement like this. If ward is allowed to ride in Gorzow the other riders should take a stand and refuse to race. What if a certain rider loses the world title because ward beats him in this round? It's a farce from day one and has dragged on because its Ward. If this was a Smolinski or Bjerre for example it would have been sorted by now. If Darcy Ward rides in this gp the sports credibility is gone for good. Matt Ford do yourself a favour and shut up. If the lying cheating dispicable club turn up at your track make your feelings known people

• Like 6

Disgusting words from Poole owner Matt Ford in Speedway Star, I Quote.”Fingers crossed he gets away with it because obviously we need him desperately for the play-offs”end quote. That should be a fine on its own.

Matt Ford sums himself up perfectly by saying that.

• Like 8

Didn't Ford say Ward had had his last chance sometime last year. Maybe he has memory problems

• Like 3

Matt Ford has shown his true colours as if we didnt know them already. By hoping Ward gets away with it he basically condones riders being over the limit. What a pathetic response. It's a win at all costs attitude as usual and to he'll with anyone else. What would he say if it was Iversen for example? He would be the first to cry for a ban! The man is beneath contempt

• Like 2

Interesting status on Ward his facebook page:

"Miss my boys. Cya soon"

Strange - nothing on his official page since 6th August!!!!

Matt Ford has shown his true colours as if we didnt know them already. By hoping Ward gets away with it he basically condones riders being over the limit. What a pathetic response. It's a win at all costs attitude as usual and to he'll with anyone else. What would he say if it was Iversen for example? He would be the first to cry for a ban! The man is beneath contempt

This win at all costs attitude is killing speedway. I know people who have stopped going purely for this reason. Why don't we just give Poole the League championship and make Darcy Ward the World Champion every year then we needn't bother about all the grief and controversy that gets us to that point.

• Like 3

Strange - nothing on his official page since 6th August!!!!

I tried about four of the darcy ward fscebook pages and couldn't find any quote of the sort either

I tried about four of the darcy ward fscebook pages and couldn't find any quote of the sort either

He might have deleted it? :unsure:

And tbf to ford here, if people quoted fully what he said, he made specific reference to the fact that because of the delay with the decision, he would be unable to replace him as the deadline had passed.

Not sure what people want him to say, obviously he diesnt want ward banned.

Im sure the aces fans and management didnt complain when shaun moran colped an alcohol related ban from fim events only (I.e. was still allowed to ride british league). Or again the following year when he failed a drugs test due to psinkillers.

I detest fords cheating as much as anyone, but in this instance I think he is just stating what any manager would be thinking.

He might have deleted it? :unsure:

Possible, but as skidder mentioned there has been no rrcent activity on his offial page . And its a pretty innocuous comment anyway?

Ford says this in the same week that he has accused other promoters of only considering their own self interests when talking about the use of squads

The man is a hypocrite and I guess we should thank him for making sure we can all see it for ourselves. Even his South Coast disciples cannot defend him on this one

• Like 5

FIM will come with an official announcement today about Ward ....