British Speedway Forum

but my dad is bigger than your dad

ok ladies and gentleman is Starman thick as s..t or as proved by this post a troll. Anyone hazard a guess?

correct Ward is nowhere near achieving what Nicki has done on or off the track. An absolute joke of a comparison a 3x world champ who dedicates his life to his profession or someone who thinks it should all just come to him without any graft so is happy to just muck around for a bit. In 20 years time Darcy will be spoke about in the same way as Kelly Moran though even he came 4th in the world twice

I'm not a fan of Ward at the moment, but I think that statement is a little premature Gavan if I'm honest.

However, I did miss this and it's absolutely priceless . Starry, you are hilarious :D :D

Up to 45 days... get it right... ;) But im sure Darcy will get the call in 7 days...Thats 38 days short.. ;)

I'm not a fan of Ward at the moment, but I think that statement is a little premature Gavan if I'm honest.

However, I did miss this and it's absolutely priceless . Starry, you are hilarious :D :D

i was trying to say that as things stand Nicki will go down in the history of the sport and Darcy as a sort of Kelly Moran type. Obviously if Darcy gets his head sorted he could win the title

TBF, when Kelly was 23(?) people were saying eh was a sure fire thing to be a multi-World Champion. But he loved a drink and sometimes a few drugs. He enjoyed being "Kellly Moran - international speedway" to the ladies and having fun. He never achieved anything like was expected of him. He also then, as a result of his partying ways died a slow, horrible death at a very young age.

I think the point being made is Darcy could end up like Kelly (all the talent but none of the commitment) or he could end up as a multi-World Champion. He could end up somewhere in the middle. But carrying on as he is he is heading for the Kelly Moran route BUT without the personality and charm that endeared Kelly to everyone he met - even Kenny Carter who hated anyone foreign loved Kelly!

I think kelly was 17 when he finished 4th on debut in 79. By the time he was 23 I think it was apparent that he wasnt going to fulfil his potential, and he almost died when 23/24 in 1986 after a drunken accident.

As you say, kelly had great charisma and was universally loved/admired.

interesting is the story in his biography about rivals getting him totally pissed the night before the 81 inter continental final, and him scoring nil the next day to miss out on wembley.

Darcy is one of the few riders more exciting to watch than jellyman, and arguably has less issues witj alcohol BUT the level of professionalism is higher now.

Hopefully he sorts himsrlf out, and is battling with emil and tai for yhe title in 2016.

edit: got his dob wrong. kelly was 19 not 17 in 79. But by the time he was 23 he had still clearly been "overtaken" by penhall, sigalos, carter and the young danes.

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

TBF, when Kelly was 23(?) people were saying eh was a sure fire thing to be a multi-World Champion. But he loved a drink and sometimes a few drugs. He enjoyed being "Kellly Moran - international speedway" to the ladies and having fun. He never achieved anything like was expected of him. He also then, as a result of his partying ways died a slow, horrible death at a very young age.

I think the point being made is Darcy could end up like Kelly (all the talent but none of the commitment) or he could end up as a multi-World Champion. He could end up somewhere in the middle. But carrying on as he is he is heading for the Kelly Moran route BUT without the personality and charm that endeared Kelly to everyone he met - even Kenny Carter who hated anyone foreign loved Kelly!

Thank You for understanding my point.

Darcy Ward can be remembered for being top of his profession or for being talented but a waster. Lets not forget Kelly was 4th on his debut in 1979 at the age of 19 so was actually ahead of Darcy and had the world at his feet but he couldnt control his lifestyle. Darcy could quite clearly go the same way.

What is the first thing you think of with Kelly Moran? Ability or lifestyle?

Same could be said for Michael Lee.

What is the first thing you think of with Kelly Moran? Ability or lifestyle?

Same could be said for Michael Lee.

Wasted their talent the first thing I think of.

Darcy Ward and Nicki Pedersen ....No comparison!

I'd imagine Nicki wouldn't even allow Ward to clean his shoes :approve:

It has been commented on here that a rider under the influence of alcohol could injure another rider.

The comparison being that a rider who abstains from alcohol but with a psychopathic tendency could equally injure another rider.

• Like 2

It has been commented on here that a rider under the influence of alcohol could injure another rider.

The comparison being that a rider who abstains from alcohol but with a psychopathic tendency could equally injure another rider.

Correct but of no relevence at all.

Pedersen is hard and has knocked riders off before but would the gp boys rather be in a race with Nicki or with someone over the limit?

Professionally on and of the track Darcy can not even be mentioned in the same breath as Pedersen.

You just wonder how good Darcy could have been with Nicki or Tai's dedication.

I remember Darcy doing an interview and when asked wether he would follow what Tai had done fitness wise and attitude he just laughed it off saying it wasnt for him. Well in that case he deserves not to reach the top his attitude is appalling

• Like 4

Pedersen is hard and has knocked riders off before but would the gp boys rather be in a race with Nicki or with someone over the limit?

Professionally on and of the track Darcy can not even be mentioned in the same breath as Pedersen.

I remember Darcy doing an interview and when asked wether he would follow what Tai had done fitness wise and attitude he just laughed it off saying it wasnt for him. Well in that case he deserves not to reach the top his attitude is appalling

I thought you were a fan of Darcy's on track performances?! In which case it shouldn't worry you how often he is in the gym or otherwise. Being 'ultrafit' is no guarantee that such riders respect other riders on the track, as Pedersen has demonstrated on many occasions!

As for the opinions of other GP stars - I would guess there are quite a few that would prefer not to be in the same race as Nicki, especially if they are drawn in the outside gate position. :nono::o

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I remember Darcy doing an interview and when asked wether he would follow what Tai had done fitness wise and attitude he just laughed it off saying it wasnt for him.

Well in that case he deserves not to reach the top his attitude is appalling

I think this is very important. If you intends to keep your physique at a top notch condition, there is no time for late night pub rounds with plenty of alcohol.

A good physique is needed to keep you focused an entire night. Alcohol will affect your senses, reaction times will be slower, your sense of judgemement

will be negatively effected.Your confidence will improve but in a negative way.

Darcy's answer indicates that he 1. still haven't learned anything & 2. Doesn't take his career seriously.

He doesn't want to sacrifice his partying life styles to win the title.

Oh here we go again "boo hoo" :cry: :cry: poor little Darcy again.

Matt ford wants to Darcy to get off the hook.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/11767902.Speedway__Darcy_Ward_decision_due_this_week_____Ford_calls_for_no_ban/

https://twitter.com/nedpayne_echo/status/562610467567583232

• Like 3

I think this is very important. If you intends to keep your physique at a top notch condition, there is no time for late night pub rounds with plenty of alcohol.

A good physique is needed to keep you focused an entire night. Alcohol will affect your senses, reaction times will be slower, your sense of judgemement

will be negatively effected.Your confidence will improve but in a negative way.

Darcy's answer indicates that he 1. still haven't learned anything & 2. Doesn't take his career seriously.

He doesn't want to sacrifice his partying life styles to win the title.

Oh here we go again "boo hoo" :cry: :cry: poor little Darcy again.

Matt ford wants to Darcy to get off the hook.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/11767902.Speedway__Darcy_Ward_decision_due_this_week_____Ford_calls_for_no_ban/

https://twitter.com/nedpayne_echo/status/562610467567583232

Well yet again the Poole management publicly support a rider who cant control his drinking. its quite staggering to be honest.

There rider misbehaves not for the first time and yet agin they feel he has been suitably punished.

And some people wonder why Poole management are disliked

• Like 3

And so much for Matts, "last chance" after the drug fuelled police evading a couple of years ago.

Also,

Neil Middleditchsaid: “It is what most young people do these days isn't it? He wasn't racing or putting anyone else's life at risk on the track.

So the drug thing on the bike was ok as he wasn't putting anyones life at risk on track. But suddenly, when he was willing to do just that, Middlo changes his tune. It's an ok thing to do.

Edited by SCB

It would be a shame to see Ward banned for too long in one respect, however, the fall out from those who support him "no matter what" is going to be marvelous to watch/read if he's banned for part of all of the 2015 season. :rofl:

• Like 3

I think you are wrong to say MOST dislike him,people i speak to generally want him to be punished but also to maybe help him in the future.I certainly do i think he should be severely fined that put into the injured riders fund and aloud to start in March but he has to miss the GP Series for a year even miss the Australian GP believe me that will hurt.Also he should have a two year period where he has to stay out of strife, all down to Darcy then.I also don't agree with all the Middleditch crap friends stick together in my experience and i admire Neil for that ok he has got angry and said certain thing's (who hasn't ) but mates stick together forever.Ward for me is the biggest talent i have seen since Michael Lee, i hope he keeps his head down and shows us what he can do.I will be supporting him anyway,i hope this week the episode is finished with one way or another.

Not wrong at all as this topic shows ....Bar him being good at speedway what is there to like about him ?

• Like 1