British Speedway Forum

It would be a shame to see Ward banned for too long in one respect, however, the fall out from those who support him "no matter what" is going to be marvelous to watch/read if he's banned for part of all of the 2015 season. :rofl:

It wouldn't be a shame at all. That is pandering to those very people you are talking about, the "no matter what" Brigade. As I see it there are three things here...

i) Ward needs discipline - it appears that he doesn't get any of that at Poole.

ii) He needs to be responsible toward his colleagues who he races with, in a very dangerous Sport.

iii) He needs to respect the Authorities within the Sport.

He will do none of the above if he isn't given some sort of suspension.

No matter how much I love to watch him ride - there is a bigger picture - Speedway itself, it's image and it's credibilty. If Ward "gets away" with this the Sport will suffer.

I'm afraid no-one, not even Ward is bigger than the Sport.

An example must be made.

• Like 8

I completely agree TWK, basically he needs to grow up.

However, like others have suggested a 12 month ban with a further 12 months suspended would suffice IMO for this misdemeanor.

• Like 3

Would be funny if Ward didn't get banned but was then stopped from racing over here due to visa issues...

• Like 6

Would be funny if Ward didn't get banned but was then stopped from racing over here due to visa issues...

Would almost certainly mean all other Aussies are affected then too. Watch them all squirm :D

Or Poole would have been found to have been hugely negligent in the past and banned from employing work permit riders - possibly even better.

I completely agree TWK, basically he needs to grow up.

However, like others have suggested a 12 month ban with a further 12 months suspended would suffice IMO for this misdemeanor.

I would agree with that.

• Like 1

Would almost certainly mean all other Aussies are affected then too. Watch them all squirm :D

Or Poole would have been found to have been hugely negligent in the past and banned from employing work permit riders - possibly even better.

UKVI have now allowed clubs to re-apply for their sponsors licenses, riders are now clear to re-apply for visa`s.

No squirming necessary.

Edited by screm

UKVI have now allowed clubs to re-apply for their sponsors licenses, riders are now clear to re-apply for visa`s.

No squirming necessary.

There have been far too many second rate aussies over here for decades now, Lets hope only the very best get in this time.

poor old darcy is still waiting :) LOL

There have been far too many second rate aussies over here for decades now, Lets hope only the very best get in this time.

poor old darcy is still waiting :) LOL

Your not putting Ward down as a second rate Aussie surely, anyway I think the way the rules are going to be will make sure we don't see any Aussie rider that shouldn't at least have the capabilities of making the grade.

Correct but of no relevence at all.

Pedersen is hard and has knocked riders off before but would the gp boys rather be in a race with Nicki or with someone over the limit?

Professionally on and of the track Darcy can not even be mentioned in the same breath as Pedersen.

You just wonder how good Darcy could have been with Nicki or Tai's dedication.

I remember Darcy doing an interview and when asked wether he would follow what Tai had done fitness wise and attitude he just laughed it off saying it wasnt for him. Well in that case he deserves not to reach the top his attitude is appalling

Woffinden his attitude was not always great, he addressed that and got his rewards whenever i have seen Ward top class aquipment a great team and he is always ready to race.
  • Like 2

Woffinden his attitude was not always great, he addressed that and got his rewards whenever i have seen Ward top class aquipment a great team and he is always ready to race.

You never went to Latvia then ?

• Like 1

Not wrong at all as this topic shows ....Bar him being good at speedway what is there to like about him ?

Do you know him personally 'orion ? a big NO a stupid comment.

your point is????

Tai sorted himself out and is a world champ

The fact Dracy has a good team , good equipment and is ready to race makes not a blind bit of difference to the fact his attitude stinks

• Like 1

your point is????

Tai sorted himself out and is a world champ

The fact Dracy has a good team , good equipment and is ready to race makes not a blind bit of difference to the fact his attitude stinks

In Woffinden there`s a lesson to be learned for Ward, if he wants to learn it of course.

• Like 2

Do you know him personally 'orion ? a big NO a stupid comment.

People like and dislike people in the public eye without having to know them by the actions they take ...two posts in after you ban and you still that child like temper has not gone . No wonder you and Ward get on as you have something in common both of you will never learn .

Edited by orion