British Speedway Forum

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11799089.Darcy_Ward__Speedway_fans_take_to_Twitter_as_disciplinary_delay_rumbles_on___/

Gustix says..."I've been watching Speedway since before the internal combustion engine was invented, and I say sign Janowski - a good lad who drinks orange juice and never causes trouble.Ward's wait for a decision is his own fault. i don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the rule on a decision from an FIM hearing is that the decision is made in writing up to 45 days after the hearing. It never comes in less than 2 weeks. Anyone who thought there'd be a decision in less than 2 weeks is a fool.As Sir Isaac Newton once said - "never believe any quotes you read on twitter"

Anyway who is Ward? Who am I? Where's matron?".

Thank you for Posting this. I disclaim any knowledge of it. It is obviously not my style of writing. I have tried to report it for deletion without success so far. The problem may be because I am not a Twitter subscriber. Note my underline.

Yeah definitely you not being a twitter subscriber will be the reason the echo can't take down your post...

Thank you waihekeaces1. This Twitter happening indicates the dangers of Social Media - and is obviously a most disturbing trend. I don't what action I can take - I can't deny the Post on Twitter obviously but what has happened to me means we must be alert yo these sort of things I suppose?

I did note the unfortunate Twitter items gives me as Gustix whereas as this forum shows (the only place I use the name) is as gustix (a small 'g').

Edited by Guest

Thank you for Posting this. I disclaim any knowledge of it. It is obviously not my style of writing. I have tried to report it for deletion without success so far. The problem may be because I am not a Twitter subscriber. Note my underline.

Well have Starman on next saying it wasn't him either. It clearly is and we're now seeing the 2 faces of the Speedway-Forum of some posters :lol:

• Like 8

That Gustix has a capital 'G' ... Maybe its another person who has gustix as a username??... Nothing wrong with that is there??:)

• Like 2

I see there is now a comment from Swindon Sid saying Ward should "opologise" . It just gets better and better !

• Like 4

That Gustix has a capital 'G' ... Maybe its another person who has gustix as a username??... Nothing wrong with that is there?? :)

I have an extremely personal and private reason for the use of gustix? What does the name mean to anyone else apart from me I wonder? What does gustix mean to you?

I just hope for your sake that nobody on Twiter registers under your forum name - you might adopt a different attitude if that happened.

I thought the Gustix parody on the Bournemouth Daily Echo site was amusing enough.

But yet again, if proof were ever needed.

The genuine article surpasses all for hilarity.

• Like 7

I have an extremely personal and private reason for the use of gustix? What does the name mean to anyone else apart from me I wonder? What does gustix mean to you?

I just hope for your sake that nobody on Twiter registers under your forum name - you might adopt a different attitude if that happened.

means nothing to me at all?? They can do what they want with my name and call me all they want or take the michael.... Id see the funny side.

Just checked, there is a gustix and a gustix1 already on twitter, so unless you're a designer from Argentina then you've nicked their username??.... Might explain where you're so prominent on the Worrall and Barker in Argentina thread :)

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 2

Gustix you do realise that the comment in the echo has nothing to do with Twitter?

Gustix you do realise that the comment in the echo has nothing to do with Twitter?

Thank you for this. Who then do I contact to complain - would it be the 'Bournemeouth Echo.' Not that I think such action will get me very far....?

All I am trying to clarify is the fact that the Gustix post on the Echo did not originate from me.

means nothing to me at all?? They can do what they want with my name and call me all they want or take the michael.... Id see the funny side.

Just checked, there is a gustix and a gustix1 already on twitter, so unless you're a designer from Argentina then you've nicked their username??.... Might explain where you're so prominent on the Worrall and Barker in Argentina thread :)

Very interesting. I cannot crosscheck as I am not a Twitter subscriber. Sorry if my comments in regard to the recent season in Argentina do not meet your criteria!

Obviously I an not a designer from Argentina but I would like to know what their definition of the title gustix is? My links to gustix go back to the late 1970s at a personal level - I wonder when it was first used by the Argentine designer and what use he/she/they have for the title?

Add to my previous message: thanks to Google I traced the Argentine Gustix designer site on Twitter - seems to be from 2006- long after my personal links with gustix. Thanks aof for bringig it to my attention. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Guest

Thank you for this. Who then do I contact to complain - would it be the 'Bournemeouth Echo.' Not that I think such action will get me very far....?

All I am trying to clarify is the fact that the Gustix post on the Echo did not originate from me.

Very interesting. I cannot crosscheck as I am not a Twitter subscriber. Sorry if my comments in regard to the recent season in Argentina do not meet your criteria!

Obviously I an not a designer from Argentina but I would like to know what their definition of the title gustix is? My links to gustix go back to the late 1970s at a personal level - I wonder when it was first used by the Argentine designer and what use he/she/they have for the title?

Add to my previous message: thanks to Google I traced the Argentine Gustix designer site on Twitter - seems to be from 2006- long after my personal links with gustix. Thanks aof for bringig it to my attention. :icon_smile_clown:

Most welcome, but just proves anyone can have any username they wish, and there will be duplicates on different forums here and there.

My reference to the other thread was Argentinian and not the standard of criteria btw. :)

I do believe Gustavo was born in 1949 and had the nickname gustix from an early age :) late 1970's is a mere tadpole in comparison :)

Edited by Arson fire

Most welcome, but just proves anyone can have any username they wish, and there will be duplicates on different forums here and there.

My reference to the other thread was Argentinian and not the standard of criteria btw. :)

I do believe Gustavo was born in 1949 and had the nickname gustix from an early age :) late 1970's is a mere tadpole in comparison :)

Shall we now move back to comments re the present Darcy Ward debate?

I am not really concerned that there are Gustix/gustix but that the item in the 'Bournemouth Echo' MAY have been linked to me when it was not posted by me.

Edited by Guest

Yep, I've never come across situations where a username I wanted has already been taken. I imagine it must be awful if it was.

I hope nobody else has the same name as me in the world either.

Old windbag?

• Like 3

I take back the post i wrote bout Middlo staying off twitter.

the clown is back moaning about the length of time again

and his response to those of us who point out the length of time is nothing unusual...........................Poole haters!

Its no wonder with a pillock like him that all the usual idiots like starman can only answer with the same response when challenged.

Old windbag?

Yes, yes you are!

• Like 1