British Speedway Forum

Got an idea...why not all the Darcy Ward supporters and apologists start an on-line petition to get him reinstated, like the one for Jeremy Clarkson? Surely Ward can get more signatures on his petition than Clarkson is doing?

What could possibly go wrong?

Total rubbish, please Enlighten me?Do you like speedway?.?

Im not fussed about Darcy being back in the GPs wasnt missed last year wont be missed this year. Series will be just fine without him

• Like 6

Im not fussed about Darcy being back in the GPs wasnt missed last year wont be missed this year. Series will be just fine without him

No Emil no Laguta, no Ward are you SERIOUS?those three riders are in the top ten riders in the world! Yes or No.? Edited by sidney

No Emil no Laguta, no Ward are you SERIOUS?those three riders are in the top ten riders in the world! Yes or No.?

Yes - for me sidney. :t:

But Ward still deserves his punishment and MUST be made to serve his Ban.

• Like 1

What planet you on, ? Darcy will serve his ban, there will be no reprieve there will be no reduced sentence, he will be back riding at the end of june. Hope that clears things up..

I agree WK certainly,what do you think a massive fine ? goes to Charity ?he has Ward i believe got away off very lightly.On another subject you never really agreed with the decimation of the one off final like myself , this years GP series is not the top 16 riders in the world it should be but it is not what do you think? Edited by sidney

What planet you on, ? Darcy will serve his ban, there will be no reprieve there will be no reduced sentence, he will be back riding at the end of june. Hope that clears things up..

For what it is worth - he should NOT receive a Wild Card for any of the 2015 GP Series either.

I agree WH certainly,what do you think a massive fine ? goes to Charity ?he has Ward i believe got away off very lightly.On another subject you never really agreed with the decimation of the one off final like myself , this years GP series is not the top 16 riders in the world it should be but it is not what do you think?

No - you are right, it isn't.

However sidney, I honestly do not care enough about the GPs to worry about it. I know what I prefer(red) but you cannot go back unfortunately.

Sadly.

For what it is worth - he should NOT receive a Wild Card for any of the 2015 GP Series either.

If he does get a wild card, then that will be sanctioned by the FIM, But thats down to them, and not anybody on here..

If he does get a wild card, then that will be sanctioned by the FIM, But thats down to them, and not anybody on here..

I agree. But it would not be right.

Or perhaps you would think differently?

• Like 1

I agree. But it would not be right.

Or perhaps you would think differently?

So long as he's served his time then yes, if he gets a wild card then so beit. But Darcy knows, if he should put one foot out of place, the FIM will bounce him from one side of the pits to the other.. But i don't think he will be so silly again...

Edited by Starman2006

So long as he's served his time then yes, if he gets a wild card then so beit. But Darcy knows, if he should put one foot out of place, the FIM will bounce him from one side of the pits to the other.. But i don't thing he will be so silly again...

I sincerely hope that you are right, I really do....

Personally I have my doubts.

He is undoubtedly a brilliant Rider - but no Rider is bigger than the Sport.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope that you are right, I really do....

Personally I have my doubts.

He is undoubtedly a brilliant Rider - but no Rider is bigger than the Sport.

Couldn't agree more, no rider is bigger than the sport, the same as no footballer is bigger than the English game, without naming names... I really do think he's learn't his lesson in a very hard way this time, and i sincerly hope, on his return we see the REAL Darcy Ward on a speedway bike..

Couldn't agree more, no rider is bigger than the sport, the same as no footballer is bigger than the English game, without naming names... I really do think he's learn't his lesson in a very hard way this time, and i sincerly hope, on his return we see the REAL Darcy Ward on a speedway bike..

We can agree on that Starman. :t:

No Emil no Laguta, no Ward are you SERIOUS?those three riders are in the top ten riders in the world! Yes or No.?

Yes Ward is BUT he should have to earn the right to ride in the GP's again not have it handed it to him on a plate with a wild card. I dont believe that he has learnt a thing from this (only have to see his comments on Twitter to see that) so force him to earn something for a change.

• Like 6

Ahh...the lure of the bottle...time will tell. And as the subject of football was raised (and keeping in-theme with the lure of the bottle), was the World Cup any the worse off for never featuring George Best back in the late 60's and early 70's?