British Speedway Forum

You really are a nasty little man aren't you Oldace. A bitter and twisted nobody with a huge chip on his shoulder. Well, I will leave this thread now, as it appears even the Moderator is part of this little Clique of 'put downers'!

Firstly I am not 'the Moderator' I am an individual in my own right

Secondly YOU brought me into your argument, not vice versa

Thirdly you have just proved a lot of people's points by not only choosing to bring me into an argument that was nothing to do with me but also then have a go at me for pointing that out!

Fourthly I belong to no 'cliques', come on you should know now that us females are well capable of having a mind of their own :P

All my own work :D

ps am I right in thinking this topic used to be about Darcy Ward? lol :oops:

• Like 8

Bull to you too! The length of ban and fine will depend on how much you are over the limit! And whether anyone was injured! I don't think you understand justice mate!

Which has nothing to do with your claims of 'intent' which you have been pushing forward.

Edited by BWitcher

I can see it now, Ward will get banned for 6 months from November after the seasons finished, and back in time for the start of the season, I do hope I'm wrong as he certainly needs punishing for what he has done. Time will tell

Darcy Ward certainly must have some influence. He's even causing trouble on this Thread............................... :o;):P

The body gets rid of alcohol at roughly 1 unit per hour. A pint is approx 2.5 units. It also takes an amount of time to enter your system. If you drink 5 pints between 8PM and midnight then it will be mid day before that alcohol has left your system.

Does it work like that? I understood that you started losing the unit an hour 1 hour after your first drink so in your example 3 of those 12.5 units would have been gone by midnight.

If I drunk 12 pints between midday and midnight it wouldn't take a day and a half to clear my system would it?

Does it work like that? I understood that you started losing the unit an hour 1 hour after your first drink so in your example 3 of those 12.5 units would have been gone by midnight.

If I drunk 12 pints between midday and midnight it wouldn't take a day and a half to clear my system would it?

No because the first pint (2.5 units) will start disappearing from your body within an hour and will be totally gone 2.5 hours later. By midnight a number of those 12 pints will already be clear of your system. It isn't a precise science, it depends a lot on the person but in that scenario I would personnally leave the car alone the next day altogether unless I had a speedway GP to ride in, in which case I would be on my way within an hour or two.

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 2

Can't believe the amount of posts especially the ones who think he is just a lad having fun before a GP, as some have said its simple Darcy drank not long before he was riding a very powerfull machine in competition, it's unbelievable and hopefully he gets a long ban.

• Like 6

If you were still alive :blink:

He did. Where? :D

He talked of leaving the thread. :D

• Like 1

Ok lets try this. He's not the place a beautiful helen is from.

Oh damn you've gone and ruined it now. I was feeling really pleased with myself because I'd got it from the first clue and now you've given the game away. :D

No because the first pint (2.5 units) will start disappearing from your body within an hour and will be totally gone 2.5 hours later. By midnight a number of those 12 pints will already be clear of your system. It isn't a precise science, it depends a lot on the person.

That's what I was trying to say, so in your example of 5 pints we would probably be talking nearer 9:30am to be clear not midday.

Personally I wouldn't drive after 1 pint as I feel slightly impaired but I normally feel fine by midday the next day even after a session.

I don't offer this as any defence for Ward but to read some of the comments on here you would think he was rolling drunk and liable to be causing carnage on the track.

Yes it was unacceptable and all avoidable risk should rightly be removed but I would suggest that trying to hang on to a speedway bike when carrying a major injury is more of a risk to rider & fellow competitors than a small amount of alcohol from the night before but that happens all the time.

I await to be slaughtered and of course I can see the moral difference between the 2 scenarios but you are either putting fellow competitors at risk or not.

To drink before an event is extremely irresponsible and he deserves all he gets but as in the Eddie Kennet silencer thing he was just the one that got caught not the only one to have ever done it.

Hopefully this will serve as a wake up to both him and other riders that like the party lifestyle!

Hopefully this will serve as a wake up to both him

You would have assumed his past 'episodes' would have done that... but alas not.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 3

Bull to you too! The length of ban and fine will depend on how much you are over the limit! And whether anyone was injured! I don't think you understand justice mate!

In one post you say the tariff depends on whether it is premeditated or not then when people point out how stupid that is you start saying it depends on how much you are over the limit and whether anyone is injured. The latter is partly correct but it has nothing to do with being premeditated, which is the point Bwitcher was answering before you changed your ground.

As has been said the rules of sport do not necessarilyy reflect criminal law but taking your drink driving analogy the very least punishment is likely to be a fine and a 3 month ban so even on that basis Ward ought to be sat on the Naughty Seat for at least 3 months.

The FIM must`ve had their report by now, presumably any ban will be announced in the next week or so before the GP in Gorzow.

If the ban is on the lenient side I think this forum will explode off the face of the earth. :D