British Speedway Forum

Not in Poole's case, they kept defending his antics in the past, and so they deserve all they get.

That's your hate not mine mate. I was expressing my opinion NOT yours I feel sorry for Poole fans as well :)

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1

I can't believe this fella has warrented 68 pages!

• Like 1

The ban is a shame for the sport across Europe and it is a shame some are gloating about the ban. We are now missing one of the most exciting riders from the GP and English play offs.

Let us hope he can learn and come back a more mature person..

• Like 2

Let us hope he can learn and come back a more mature person..

We can hope - he has to do it, seems he has resisted all advice in the past, he needs a BIG change of attitude.

Yeah that's what I am worried about. The teams should be allowed to get a replacement because you cant run with R/R or a Guest rider at No.1 every week.

If Ford had any balls he would have dropped him immediately but instead he hoped ward would get off like usual and it would be business as usual. Blind freddy could see that the fim were going to ban him
  • Like 1

DESOLATE team boss Neil Middleditch was unsparing in his criticism of Poole Pirates captain Darcy Ward who was today suspended indefinitely from all speedway.

The Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) issued Ward with a blanket ban some 11 days after his failed alcohol test prior to the Latvian Grand Prix.

Ward's case has been referred to the FIMs International Disciplinary Court with the Australian star unable to compete before they reach their verdict. There has been no indication as to how long that could take.

Middleditch pulled no punches over his talismans actions and also launched a scathing attack on the FIM after their delayed decision over Ward left Pirates no time to find a suitable replacement.

Pooles team manager revealed that promoter Matt Ford had exhausted all suitable options in his quest to replace Ward before the Elite League deadline for re-declared teams passes at midnight.

Pirates will now have to manage with guests as they seek to successfully defend their top flight crown, a prospect Middleditch insists should have been avoided.

Speaking exclusively to the Daily Echo, Middleditch said: I dont condone Darcys actions at all and he needs to be punished but their (the FIMs) handling of the case has been diabolical and very amateurish.

If they were going to suspend him they should have done so straight away which would have given us the chance to get something in place.

Were in the business of trying to win the league and this is a massive blow to us. You just cant replace someone like Darcy Ward, its not that simple.

Im devastated that the title race could slip away from us now. Were not throwing in the towel and will keep fighting but our options are limited.

I feel sick to my stomach. I feel so disappointed in his (Wards) actions. He has been in enough trouble in the past and should have learned his lesson by now.

Hes let me down personally and hes let down the club, the supporters and himself. He could potentially have been world champion this year and now that he has lost that opportunity.

Hes a grown man and should know what he cant do. He knows the rules and now hes being punished for it. I dont know how far over (the alcohol limit) he was but he was. Thats the bottom line.

Its a crying shame because the kid is one of the best talents I can remember seeing on a bike but dare I say it, hes wasting it.

On Pooles next step, Middleditch added: I think were looking at guests. The riders we wanted were not available, didnt want to do it or were focused on the Grand Prix as their main goal."

Is that really your question, or do you mean "Is it procedure to take a blood sample if riders fail a BREATH test, a subsequent properly taken blood test would quickly either clear or determine a riders intoxication"

If so, maybe that's why you haven't had an answer?

Correct, my mistake I did mean fail a breath test.

Correct, my mistake I did mean fail a breath test.

SORRY been out all day so only just catching up. I am pretty certain that in the case of Stefan Danno he was taken to a police station where a blood sample was taken.

This wasn't the case with Ward in Daugavpils.

I imagine that at the FIM International Disciplinary Court he will be allowed to attend and have legal representation. That's where the fireworks could begin...

I imagine that at the FIM International Disciplinary Court he will be allowed to attend and have legal representation. That's where the fireworks could begin...

Will they be like the ones at a GP

Will Brian Rix drop his trousers

Afterall this whole episode has become nothing more than a farce

Edited by Triple.H.

The usual Ward supporters are begining to raise their heads. Hopefully Ward will be out for a long long time.. Its looking bad when even Middlo hasn`t a good ward for him

Edited by dornier

I'm sure most people on the forum feel sorry for Middlo and Ford.

• Like 2

The usual Ward supporters are begining to raise their heads. Hopefully Ward will be out for a long long time.. Its looking bad when even Middlo hasn`t a good ward for him

Great play on Wards

SORRY been out all day so only just catching up. I am pretty certain that in the case of Stefan Danno he was taken to a police station where a blood sample was taken.

This wasn't the case with Ward in Daugavpils.

I think (guessing) that Darcy and his lawyers have been allowed to submit their claims/evidences/version regarding the tests and what happened to FIM's medical commission (CIM).

They then judged those evidences against the report of the local jury. The CIM then came to the conclusions that the tests were made in a proper manner and now

defers to the Disciplinary Court now only have to decide on possible further penalties. Then when DC have made a verdict, depending on the outcome Darcy Ward

(or possible Wada) can choose to appeal the verdict.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I'm sure most people on the forum feel sorry for Middlo and Ford.

Not me. They should have come down harder years ago.

• Like 1

Not me. They should have come down harder years ago.

I wil now remove my tongue from my cheek!

• Like 1