British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
em1500uk

Swindon V King's Lynn (21/08/14)

Very good meeting ,the stars are always good value ...Never wanted North but he really has proved me wrong and he's gone from a poor Pl second string to El heat leader .

For the first time tonight I really felt Swindon could make a run for the title thou we don't match up very well v Poole . For the Stars Puk tryed really hard but could just not make a gate Rory was poor along with kerr but Lambert and Rose looked really looked good . You can in see in Lambert that he getting better and better in each meeting .

I did try and tell you guys that he would be a good signing. Robins could well win the play offs if they can make the top 4..

Troy has his critics and I understand why, but his ride in heat 3 was just superb. North was really quick tonight so quick he caught up with Hans much sooner than either wanted.

Great night with some frighteningly close racing. Wonderful entertainment.

• Like 2

Some excellent racing on a well prepared track, a last heat decider and some top quality presentation=

Cracking meeting :approve:

Are you watching Coventry ?

North was superb and I was impressed again with Rose.

A word, too, for Stuart Wilson. In a week that has seen refereeing come under some close scrutiny, he never put a foot wrong.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

A word, too, for Stuart Wilson. In a week that has seen refereeing come under some close scrutiny he never put a foot wrong.

Hmmm.

I was quite frankly amazed the re-run of heat 9 wasn't called back. One of the most uneven starts I've seen in a while!

Referee did keep things moving at a rapid pace (which is to some peoples liking) despite a few crashes.

whats up with Iversen?

Hans a good guest so far.

Im actually surprised you havent accused Dak of delibrately taking out Hans to scupper your play off bid!

• Like 1

Hmmm.

I was quite frankly amazed the re-run of heat 9 wasn't called back. One of the most uneven starts I've seen in a while!

Referee did keep things moving at a rapid pace (which is to some peoples liking) despite a few crashes.

Was too much messing around though at the start of each heat. Took longer to get riders to come to the gates than it did to complete a race.

Oh yeah what a surprise that Newman is doing well & he doesn't have to do anything to win the reserves races let alone ride out of his skin.

Has been pulled up more than any rider in The Elite Lge for jumping the starts & that's let alone the ones he gets away with.

Newman has improved alot this season but kerr is still better and steve worrall is as good as newman too.

It is no surprise steve worrall or kerr are doing as well as newman either but rose and greaves are miles better than compton.

Im actually surprised you havent accused Dak of delibrately taking out Hans to scupper your play off bid!

Why would I? Could tell it was a racing incident.

If injured then we have 2 fixtures against lakeside over weekend so surely that wouldn't help Swindon either.

Edited by mdmc82

Hmmm.

Must admit I didn't have a good view of the starts.

Really? The Met Office and BBC both had the same forecast this morning at 8am! Either way, I made the decision not to go and I'm sticking with it. If it goes ahead and it stays dry, oh well! I won't cry over it.

I looked at lunch time :)

One thing, though. Never, ever, take their (BBC get their information from the Met Office) word for it - always get a few opinions from other forecast sites.

In my experience, they are very good at forecasting what the weather will be in an hour, and pretty rubbish at forecasting what it will be in a couple of days.

If injured then we have 2 fixtures against lakeside over weekend so surely that wouldn't help Swindon either.

I would be worried though because he has worn his Swindon kevlars the last 2 weeks and celebrated like no guest before him after winning heat 13. Its obvious where he really wants to be. Come the play offs we could be looking at Agent Andersen.

• Like 2

A good result for the Robins with some good racing tonight. K B did well for the Stars and Lewis Rose pushed our riders hard as did Robert Lambert in the latter part of the meeting. We just need to do the same next week at home and also see if we can get a win at Kings Lynn on wednesday.

• Like 1

Must admit I didn't have a good view of the starts.

I looked at lunch time :)

One thing, though. Never, ever, take their (BBC get their information from the Met Office) word for it - always get a few opinions from other forecast sites.

In my experience, they are very good at forecasting what the weather will be in an hour, and pretty rubbish at forecasting what it will be in a couple of days.

Yes. Seems I made the wrong call yesterday, but oh well! Life goes on. Judging by peoples comments on how we performed as a team, it was probably a good thing I didn't go :lol: Might have ended up travelling back today feeling short changed or whatever! You win some. You lose some. BUT, I don't want us to throw away our chances now so late in the season when we have pretty much led the whole way up until just recently! I do not want us to throw the towel in!

Sky missed out on this meeting, would have been a good advert for speedway. All the Rockin Robins up for it, including Hansi, he sure looked at home,( he knows how popular he is at Blunsdon), loved him bringing his son around on the bike at the end. Electric atmosphere from the good size crowd. Dak terrific , pleased we signed him. Even the weather behaved for a change!!

Well done all the Robins, you did us proud. :t:

I know this is what we supposedly call "banter" here, but to get all serious for a second, I think it's best for Swindon to forget about Coventry as they look a cert for the play-offs anyway.

What Swindon (and, indeed, Coventry) really want is for everyone to turn over Lakeside and Eastbourne, neither of whom look particularly good sides anyway.

After last night I'd be more concerned about Eastbourne taking points from King's Lynn.