British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Coventry V Lakeside Friday / Lakeside V Coventry Saturday

Not a classic by any means, I didn't think it would be - I just saw the forecast was good and decided to get some speedway in, having been somewhat frustrated by the weather throughout August. Coventry is easy to get to, I know I can leave at 6.15pm and get there within an hour or so without too much hassle with traffic.

Coventry's track has been far ideal all season. However, Watt's attitude was appalling. I don't know why he bothered turning up.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

shock horror coventry after 40 years have a track advantage!

the whinging Aussies are getting tiresome, they know what they can do if they don't like it.

As for watt well his away form has been nothing short of disgraceful this season, but hey you crack on and blame the track

Perhaps watt sound take a ride on one of the tractors? he might get more points, four wheels a bit of stabilization going on!

this from a team whose track isnt even the right shape! but that doesnt count i suppose

If Watt and Batchelor spent less time whining and more time riding then they might score. surprised either are captain as where is the motivation when they are always negative.

When they score bad its always the track never them yet Richard lawson who isn't a head leader and James Sarjeant who's a fast track rider both got stuck in and gave it 100%

Well I went last night, it took 3.5 hours to get there (M1 shut so went cross country to M40)

Summary,

Lawson was great, unbeaten until the last race, Dakota did very well and tried hard, as did Danny King to a lesser extent.

Perry had a good go and Morley found it difficult against the home reserves who know the fast way around Brandon.

Now my gripe, Kim Nilsson wasn't interested....but the biggest let down was Davy poodling around at the back, if he didn't feel fit after a couple of rides why didn't Vatcher bring Lawson or Dakota in as R/R....or am I missing something.

Does he have to ride/poodle round for four races to get paid.

If he rides tonight, a loss is probably nailed on!

Good post. Davey was not up for it but is blaming the track which isn't very fair. if bees riders go tonight and have a bad meeting then they will say it was them and not pass blame.

Was also disappointed in morley moaning that he did poorly cos of track, in fairness he was always going to struggle there as weaker than the home reserves or perry.

As others have commented on here, Good attitude by Richard (who liked a few posts on twitter of people telling watt the track was fine & stop making excuses cos lawson did it) and also by Perry who did try hard.

I take it then that Watt should be able to get double figures easily tonight then if just the track. love the way he also moans about belle vue where he scored 4, Leicester track when he scored 5

His "dive" in heat 5 when bees were on a 5-1 was embarrassing. instead of moaning and messing about all night he should have been geering the team up and giving them some believe.

Edited by mdmc82

Great performance from the battling Bees, especially the reserves, but that track is still of major concern. Couldn't believe how bad it was in the first few heats with Andersen, Garrity, Nielsen and Harris being caught out, not being able to turn after hitting ruts and losing several points. And yet, by the halfway stage after much tractor action, it was smooth enough, and by Heat 15 it was finally dishing up a good race, but too little too late in terms of anything to keep the neutrals interested. Great for Bees fans though but still not really speedway as we know it.

Not sure what to expect tonight. I suspect it will be close and an exciting meeting. I may venture down given the M25 on a Saturday is probably easier than on a Friday.

3 totally different stories on last night's meeting..

Did they play the theme tune to the Good, the Bad and the Ugly last night.. :D

Looking at the updates last night, after heat 1 -- track grading.....think that says it all really.

I'm sure one person on this forum is Mick in disguise

But our riders complained Monday night as well. So something must be wrong with it.

Was that when they were losing? Swindon riders also moaned about Belle Vue and Birmingham when losing.

Rosco was the same when we had him with the bees, can be a very good manager but is always full of excuses.

As has been said before even Chris Louis said he couldn't see much wrong with the track and commented on Swindon being careful about being so negative as will go through the team.

The bees riders have asked for the outside to be ripped up before each meeting as they like the dirt out wide for racing as harris & Sarj showed. A team of racers now may struggle at Brandon but why shouldn't Bees finally be finding a it of home advantage. works well for other teams in the league esp lakeside and eastbourne.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

So who do we have lining up for Lakeside tonight?

Please god don't say Davey he appeared unfit and uncommitted last night.....we don't need that issue again tonight or it's game over!,

Admittedly my current knowledge of track conditions is confined to TV but it seems to me that the majority of tracks are nearly bald to suit the riders of rocket ships. When they come up against a track with dirt on it they can't cope.

The same moans were directed at Lynn a few years back when Lynn could ride the dirt and visitors couldn't.

Personally I prefer tracks with dirt and riders who have to have skill and ability to be able to ride them as opposed to riders on highly tuned engines who can't turn a bike for toffee. And if you think bikes are not over powered listen to Tatum every time a rider rears up into his back wheel.

• Like 5

@Lakesidehammers: Lewis Bridger and Adam Ellis return to the Vortex Hammers side for tonight's (Saturday) home League match against Coventry. 7.45pm 1st race.

Rory is riding in place of Bech.

Hope Garrity is going to be okay as a tough track and he could hardly walk when getting off the bike after each ride. Such a determined rider.

Oh and would just like to add where's all the bomber knockers/haters ???? Bit quite at the moment aren't you guys.. A rider who looks ready for the play offs and will be key I think to coventry

• Like 3

Oh and would just like to add where's all the bomber knockers/haters ???? Bit quite at the moment aren't you guys.. A rider who looks ready for the play offs and will be key I think to coventry

I think Bomber is definitely looking in form and always seems to give his best when in bees colours.

What is also really nice to see when i visited again last night was the way that Harris is supporting Sarjeant. Offering advice in pits and also team talks on track.

Its good to see a team and their manager nurturing their fast track rider and building his confidence.

out of all the teams I have been to see this season, Personally I think King's Lynn and Coventry have been the most exciting to watch. both seem very bonded as a team which plays a huge part

• Like 1

I didn't go last night and just read the updates. It seems there was a decent amount of passing last night and track settled down after the first few heats. The track can't be that bad if heat times were under 60 seconds in some heats.

I wasn't concerned about losing this despite no MJJ but I thought it would be a bit closer. Good 3 points, hopefully a few more tonight!

• Like 1

Admittedly my current knowledge of track conditions is confined to TV but it seems to me that the majority of tracks are nearly bald to suit the riders of rocket ships. When they come up against a track with dirt on it they can't cope.

The same moans were directed at Lynn a few years back when Lynn could ride the dirt and visitors couldn't.

Personally I prefer tracks with dirt and riders who have to have skill and ability to be able to ride them as opposed to riders on highly tuned engines who can't turn a bike for toffee. And if you think bikes are not over powered listen to Tatum every time a rider rears up into his back wheel.

i totally agree with you. Modern day speedway is like Japanese speedway of the 1970's, raced on Tarmac!. There are a few riders with a grass track background like chris Harris that can ride grippy tracks with dirt on, but they are becoming a minority.
  • Like 2

You cant believe anything that one of those posters says! They are clearly unable to see any error in their clubs ways. 15 FTG's on a bumpy as hell track in front of 500 people and they would still be saying it was a classic meeting with 5,000 in attendance. Deluded.

3 totally different stories on last night's meeting..

Did they play the theme tune to the Good, the Bad and the Ugly last night.. :D

Looking at the updates last night, after heat 1 -- track grading.....think that says it all really.

As soon as they ride anyone decent with 2-3 good riders he will be back to scoring 5-6 points. His average is what it is for a reason.

Edited by thecoombdog