British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

a lot will depend on the new averages Woz01 and if there is a facility available for Hansen (does anybody know the answer to that one?)

We didnt get one last time we rearranged a fixture and had to use Lewis Blackbird.

Edited by SCB

To be fair no one would run a speedway match v a massive football match in fact one of the biggest for cov in years . Have people forgotten the time when Cov ran against the England match ? the club lost a packet of money as no one turned up. that was also on the backdrop of fans saying who cares about football type attitude . The big question to me is the date they have moved it to .

I think there is total lack of understanding of the effect Football matches have on Speedway crowds .

An England match is hardly comparable to Coventry v Gillingham, Orion :P Although I do take your point.

• Like 3

An England match is hardly comparable to Coventry v Gillingham, Orion :P Although I do take your point.

Joking a side this is the biggest match in Cov for years with there return to the Rico as well as being live on tv . As I said you would have be off your head to run a Cov speedway match on the same night

• Like 1

Joking a side this is the biggest match in Cov for years with there return to the Rico as well as being live on tv . As I said you would have be off your head to run a Cov speedway match on the same night

It's also madness to run a vital Speedway play off contending meeting on a night you have key riders missing. I think we agree on that, it's just the football thing we don't. It's that bloody SISU lot again,causing all this trouble. Why aren't they playing it on the Saturday afternoon, like normal football teams? :D

• Like 4

We didnt get one last time we rearranged a fixture and had to use Lewis Blackbird.

In the interests of speeedway we should ;)

• Like 1

I was originally coming to this as my payday is on the 5th, but as this is now on the 4th I cant attend. So that's another attendee lost.

• Like 2

Having been the originator of this thread I now feel quite bad.

Mr Horton and Mr Watson have reacted positively - just unfortunate about the consequences about missing riders etc.

5th Sept provides exceptional circumstances - the first football match at the Ricoh for too long and provides an exciting prospect for many in the city of coventry. Had there have been a clash of fixtures in "normal" times, then no reason not to compete between the 2 sports.

Am hoping that this is just a glitch along the way and Coventry (deservedly) make the play offs and final.

Mick and Neil - for the effort you put in this year, you deserve the benefits which come with the success.

I have been so been so negative about you both in the past, but without your contribution, British speedway would be in far a worse mess than it is today.

Find it difficult to understand why you put so much into it - but as a speedway supporter in general - thank you !

Happy days

I was originally coming to this as my payday is on the 5th, but as this is now on the 4th I cant attend. So that's another attendee lost.

Of course you can attend ..just lend the money intill the next day not really hard is it ?

Of course you can attend ..just lend the money intill the next day not really hard is it ?

He's threatened not to go back before.....Ignore it :rolleyes:

a lot will depend on the new averages Woz01 and if there is a facility available for Hansen (does anybody know the answer to that one?)

Garrity: Kyle Newman (if still below), Charles Wright, Paul Starke

Howarth: Max Fricke, David Bellego, Nicolai Klindt, (is Robbo to high?)

Hansen (on present averages if facility) Ben Barker, Joonas Kylmakorpi, Lasse Bjerre, Stuart Robson, Olly Allen?

Hansen (on present averages if no facility) Gino

Ideally then Newman, Fricke and Barker for me.

Ideally then Newman, Fricke and Barker for me.

Newman? Would pick Charles Wright personally. Doesn't give a rival track time in a month when he may be an opponent twice.

Newman? Would pick Charles Wright personally. Doesn't give a rival track time in a month when he may be an opponent twice.

:D Squeaky bum time SCB??? ha ha.

Simple common sense I'd have thought!

Absolutely, you don't help the enemy! :P