British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

We have Garrity so don't need to worry about Newman

Not riding for Rye House then?? Presumably as that is a rearranged meeting too?! :o

Not riding for Rye House then?? Presumably as that is a rearranged meeting too?! :o

I mean if we make the play offs

I just hope there is some decent racing.

I just want us to win lol

I just want us to win lol

That's where we differ. I'd rather lose by a couple and see good racing than win and watch a load of FTGs

• Like 1

Newman? Would pick Charles Wright personally. Doesn't give a rival track time in a month when he may be an opponent twice.

Now he is riding for us on Sunday does that mean he cannot ride Thursday or are the rules Different for draft riders? I was tempted to put Wright in for the reasons you state but I would rather get the points on the board at this Stage.

Now he is riding for us on Sunday does that mean he cannot ride Thursday or are the rules Different for draft riders? I was tempted to put Wright in for the reasons you state but I would rather get the points on the board at this Stage.

Correct. Can't have Newman on Thursday now. Can't guest twice in 8 days at a track. Will have to be Wright on Thursday.

Correct. Can't have Newman on Thursday now. Can't guest twice in 8 days at a track. Will have to be Wright on Thursday.

Where does it say that about draft riders?

Where does it say that about draft riders?

It doesn't but the assumption is that if it's doesn't exclude draft rider from a rule then they count.

Plus why would we want to give him track time? He's back with Poole the week after.

Edited by SCB

Leaving aside the speedway v football & can/can't make it folks this seems to boil down to one thing. That Horton is more concerned about his bank balance than his paying customers by choosing to run a team with 3 guests when he could have had a full strength one.

Another graduate from the Van Straaten school of supporter relations.

• Like 3

Leaving aside the speedway v football & can/can't make it folks this seems to boil down to one thing. That Horton is more concerned about his bank balance than his paying customers by choosing to run a team with 3 guests when he could have had a full strength one.

of course he is and if it was your money your be the same ...you could also say that by moving it he is looking after his paying customers

Wolfsbane, on 28 Aug 2014 - 1:38 PM, said:

Perhaps he thinks they wouldn't beat Kings Lynn with a full team so the extra couple of quid is a bonus !! Forget what the Bees fans think !

• Like 1

I wish there were grades available in liking a post. If so, the post above by Mr.Ore deserves 10/10 imo - I actually 'laughed out loud' several times!! BRILLIANT :t:

• Like 3

At least the title is right now September 4th - empty stadium. Not quite empty though as I would guess a crowd of about 600/700 so I hope the promoters are happy with that.