British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

Due to the lack of interest shown by the Coventry promotion towards the supporters over tonight's "team" - it's now my turn to show a lack of interest in making the effort to turn up.

At this moment in time it's 5 riders, a RR and that is it !

Such a shame as it's a nice evening and had the chance to see Robbo again and also see what Fricke was like.

Pleased for you Horton and Watson that you can afford to let "supporters" just not bother.

(Not) happy days !

• Like 3

Be interesting to see if Mick and Co are at Coventry or Ippo tonight, my bet Ipswich :lol:

Surely they should have found out if there would be riders available before changing the date.

Would have had more fans there tomorrow with our full team than tonight with a heavily depleted team and possibily one reserve

Tim Webster is local ollie greenwood too can they not ride

Greenwood riding for Rye House

Surely they must know by now, must be due to arrive at the track anytime soon. Must be someone quite local.

• Like 1

It'll be Ryan Terry Daley I reckon. We'll see.

No matter what happens, its an absolute farce. I've made my position clear earlier on this thread. As far as I'm concerned, rearranging the fixture for tonight, when it was obvious our team would be weakened, was nothing short of disgraceful in itself. But to do so without even being cast-iron sure that they could arrange suitable replacement for one of our key missing riders (Garrity)? Well... words fail me!

I'm going because I have a season ticket and have paid for the meeting. However, if I didn't have one, there's no way I would be going to this.

I'm not going to post any more on this before I set off for the meeting because I am so wound up about the situation.

However, when something which is supposed to be enjoyable is making you feel miserable, you have to question why you do it anymore.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 2

Tim Webster is local ollie greenwood too can they not ride

Tim Webster lives in Saltash in Cornwall!

Edited by SCB

If they can't be bothered to name a team, I can't be bothered to turn up

I'm out

• Like 5

Has anybody seen the Mayor as he did a few laps.

This is terrible and one of the lowest points for speedway. We had a full team and now Horton has moved it to a date where no riders are available and it's a guaranteed loss.

I'm still going cos season ticket holder but some of my friends can't come cos fixture change and another couple now arnt coming cos team not announced.

Sorry for my poor info guys ... I know greenwood is local because he works with my brother in law . Webster rode for brummies earlier in season and is read he was from Walsall lol one again sorry ..

I'm on my way but 2 people have dropped out because of the rider fiasco that's 60 quid they have lost and sure there's many more

Luke Priest's van is at Brandon so imagine he may be the replacement for Garrity.

Madness when you have to replace a rider 3rd on the list with a rider not even on it.

4points for Lynn tonight

Edited by mdmc82

Luke Priest isn't even on the list which was released for September. So things must be bad availability wise or like most of us fans maybe they just can't be bothered with the sport anymore

Luke Priest's van is at Brandon so imagine he may be the replacement for Garrity.

Madness when you have to replace a rider 3rd on the list with a rider not even on it.

4points for Lynn tonight

Luke Priest! They need GOD!

• Like 1

Luke Priest isn't even on the list which was released for September. So things must be bad availability wise or like most of us fans maybe they just can't be bothered with the sport anymore

Think alot were injured or unavailable. Shame Wright or Starke couldn't do it.

I like Priest but not fair bees have to replace one of the top riders on the draft with a rider ranked even lower than the whole draft