British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

Thursday 27th in Denmark is just 1 fixture between Region Varde v Grindsted. Both Nicklas Porsing and Robert Lambert are in the Region Varde squad and could potentially be missing. I think regardless of rearranged fixtures British riders have to fulfil their British League fixtures anyway don't they?

I think the British riders do but that only includes Harris

What meetings are there for the 4th Sep? Thanks.

Edited by Sienna Ryan

I know at least 10 Lynn fans & myself that will be there. Stuff the football :)

We will be there on 5th. planned it months ago to coincide with our hols to Cornwall. So if there are only KL supporters there...well that is fine by me...will be cheering our team on to a win. Not interested in football during speedway season.

Holsted v Slangerup on the 4th

We will be there on 5th. planned it months ago to coincide with our hols to Cornwall. So if there are only KL supporters there...well that is fine by me...will be cheering our team on to a win. Not interested in football during speedway season.

That's the problem. Horton has now moved it from the 5th to the 4th as worried fans will put footba first on the Friday.

Now means riders also missing whilst before you would have had two full teams.

These are a the teams riding on the 4th already

Hammarby

v

Masarna

Valsarna

v

Griparna

Gnistorna

v

Örnarna

Ipswich

v

Peterborough

Sheffield

v

Workington

Holsted

v

Slangerup

Swindon

v

tbc

Redcar

v

Rye House

Does anybody know if riders from either team ride for any of them?

:lol: can see what I've done there. What I'm babbling on about is crap. Were the heel did I get the 27th from :lol:

:lol: can see what I've done there. What I'm babbling on about is crap. Were the heel did I get the 27th from :lol:

Haha. :)

I have looked and good news for King's Lynn is they will be at strength with all 7 riders still available.

Bad news for Bees is they go from having a full team to having No Garrity, Howarth or Hansen (is there a facility for Hansen?)

MarkyB: maybe you could change this topics heading to Cov v Bees fixture change before so embody else does and we end up with 2 threads. X

Haha yeah I know. Just winds me up. What percentage of fans who attend meetings post on this forum?! It wont be a high number so to suggest its moved again based on a few comments on here is crazy!

But if more people are complaining now than were complaining about the meeting before the change you extrapolate both views and there will be less people there on the Thursday than the Friday. Very few people are happy about this change. One of the biggest complaints time and time again are that people dont want meetings full of guests. Who the hell wants to see Garrity, Howarth and Hansen who are capable of about 20 between them swapped for Starke, Covatti and a 3 pointer who will score about 8 between them!

I'm not sure you are keeping up with this thread? :unsure: Don't bother turning up on the 5th because you will be the only fan there and you won't be cheering on anybody.

Personally, I feel that the amount of Bees fans who would have skipped what promised to be one of the meetings of the season to attend the Coventry City match would have been nowhere near enough to justify the moving of this fixture. I also believe that any potential benefit in avoiding the Coventry City match will be offset by other factors. Coventry do not get good crowds on off nights anyway and I suspect those who pick and choose their meetings will look at the patched up Bees team and may well stay away.

A full strength Bees v Lynn promised to be a cracking meeting. To be robbed of the chance of watching that meeting by my own team's promotion is what I, and I suspect a great many other Bees fans who have no interest in Coventry City, find hugely disappointing.

• Like 1

Do you know which meetings are on that night Hun? Surely Kings Lynn wouldn't have agreed if depleted and also I feel that would make crowds even smaller.

I didn't then no, but it seems you've found out and Lynn seem ok at least, thanks ;)

Will bees be given a facility for Hansen or will they be further depleted by using PL 6 point guest?

Think Horton may be surprised by the amount of people who are more likely to stay away the Thur now than the Friday.

If football fans were not gonna turn up to watch the best 2 teams in the league on the Friday, then can't see them paying out money (Thur & Fri) to see a depleted team.

And I agree. This could have been the meeting of the year. The bees & Kings Lynn fans have now been robbed of that.

Edited by mdmc82

Will bees be given a facility for Hansen or will they be further depleted by using PL 6 point guest?

Think Horton may be surprised by the amount of people who are more likely to stay away the Thur now than the Friday.

If football fans were not gonna turn up to watch the best 2 teams in the league on the Friday, then can't see them paying out money (Thur & Fri) to see a depleted team.

And I agree. This could have been the meeting of the year. The bees & Kings Lynn fans have now been robbed of that.

PL 6 pointer guests only for Danish league speedway

Does the promotion have any real evidence that there is a significant shared support between the Bees and this local third tier football team?

Would the drop in crowd at Brandon resulting from a few going to the football easily be offset by the large amounts of speedway fans who have no interest whatsoever in the 'mighty sky-blues' fortunes but might come along as they really fancy seeing a full strength Coventry team (the team in form) against a full strength Kings Lynn?

Why is the promotion giving football fans the best deal out of this? Is there another reason for this change?

I bet it rains on the Thursday

• Like 1

PL 6 pointer guests only for Danish league speedway

Even if a rearranged fixture?

I have a couple of theories. Both concern Coventry's problem of fitting all the home meetings in.

1 Lynn have been moved to the Thursday, if it is rained off they do it all again on the Friday.

2 If you read the Lakeside site re the rearranged meeting with Swindon, it appears the BSPA have changed the rules. This means if any Coventry meeting is rained off it can be put in on the next free regular race night. Sept 5th is now a free regular race night. So any outstanding home meetings could potentially be on the 5th and the visitors have no choice but to attend. Potentially even a double header. Lakeside site also says facilities will be granted if this happens.

I would suggest Coventry are on paper less likely to take points from Lynn than other clubs they still have to face so thse extra meetings could be crucial and a smaller crowd on the Thursday is a necessary evil.

If either of those theories are correct, it seems a sensible move by Coventry and nice co-operation by Lynn.

How's that for a conspiracy theory this early in the morning :D:P:wink: