British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Vs Workington (pl) - Sunday, August 31st (3pm)

KIDS GO FREE ON SUNDAY!

ALL CHILDREN aged 17 or under will admitted free into Sunday’s (August 31) double-header at the Eddie Wright Raceway.

The 30-heat feast of action sees the FluidAir Power Scunthorpe Scorpions take on the Workington Comets in a vital Premier League clash (start-time 3pm), followed by a Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Stags vs Stoke Potters National League encounter.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey said: “We’re hoping families will take advantage of this offer and come along to the Eddie Wright Raceway, to see a whole afternoon of thrilling speedway action.

“We’re hoping to see some brand new faces to enjoy the only professional motorsport with no brakes and no gears, while also realising this may appeal to fans travelling from further afield.

“We’re proud that we have one of the best racetracks in the country, and 30 races around here are likely to contain plenty of excitement.

“The meeting against Workington is a vital meeting for our play-off qualification hopes, and could easily turn out to be a cracker.”

Edited by lucifer sam

See Grajczonek has been named in the Poole side and Bach is named in Esbjerg for the Speedway Champions League in Poland on Sunday. Will be interesting to see who they actually line-up for on Sunday.

Edited by Superstar1

See Grajczonek has been named in the Poole side and Bach is named in Esbjerg for the Speedway Champions League in Poland on Sunday. Will be interesting to see who they actually line-up for on Sunday.

So this gets re-arranged from Friday (think it was 13th June) because you had no Klindt available and we come without our no .1 or Bach , absolutely unbelievable :mad:

• Like 1

So this gets re-arranged from Friday (think it was 13th June) because you had no Klindt available and we come without our no .1 or Bach , absolutely unbelievable :mad:

That's speedway these days nobody seems to think it is problem is the worrying thing.

Nothing to do with me

So Workington will have a couple of juniors in for Bach and Grajczonek while Scunny will I'm guessing have to use a junior for Klindt who it seems is down to ride in Poland. I thought you didnt get this crap in the PL?! :P

acording to the bspa w/sie fixture list for sunday. poole dont have a meeting. so maybe scrabbleman will be there. bach , i am sure will also put in an appearance. i think.could be a full squad for worky.

no news os yet on the official site

acording to the bspa w/sie fixture list for sunday. poole dont have a meeting. so maybe scrabbleman will be there. bach , i am sure will also put in an appearance. i think.could be a full squad for worky.

no news os yet on the official site

Correction, racing in Poland in a European Championship match ;) Poole Pirates website, same fixture includes Rene's Danish team Esbjerg, probably why he's not at Scunny either!!

Hope there aren't too many matches on Sunday then, looks like a guest fest? :D

You have to take into account the fact that Workington must have agreed this date with Scunny knowing the rider issues at play, add to that the need to get fixtures played and with qualification for the play offs at stake it's probably been as good an outcome as it was ever likely to get?

It's been said before about the amount of double up riders we have this year and it was always gonna be a problem but you cant legislate for everything in March, be a bonus if you could tho, miss out all the rainy days into the bargain!!

Should qualify for at least one guest, possibly two but if thats not available then we'll have to hope that Lambo is back fit n well as our old mate R/R could be lining up instead!! :t:

Correction, racing in Poland in a European Championship match ;) Poole Pirates website, same fixture includes Rene's Danish team Esbjerg, probably why he's not at Scunny either!!

Hope there aren't too many matches on Sunday then, looks like a guest fest? :D

You have to take into account the fact that Workington must have agreed this date with Scunny knowing the rider issues at play, add to that the need to get fixtures played and with qualification for the play offs at stake it's probably been as good an outcome as it was ever likely to get?

It's been said before about the amount of double up riders we have this year and it was always gonna be a problem but you cant legislate for everything in March, be a bonus if you could tho, miss out all the rainy days into the bargain!!

Should qualify for at least one guest, possibly two but if thats not available then we'll have to hope that Lambo is back fit n well as our old mate R/R could be lining up instead!! :t:

There will be no guests. The WSL meeting is a challenge meeting.

There will be no guests. The WSL meeting is a challenge meeting.

Thank's for the update SCB, that will make things very erm..... interesting!! ;)

time for a rain off eh. funny there has been no posts from the official site. mushroom and poo spring to mind..

well done workington speedway for doing their best NOT to qualify for the play offs. no more double uppers and more assets please. going to scunny with poss 2 nl guys in as heatleaders. crazy.

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

time for a rain off eh. funny there has been no posts from the official site. mushroom and poo spring to mind..

well done workington speedway for doing their best NOT to qualify for the play offs. no more double uppers and more assets please. going to scunny with poss 2 nl guys in as heatleaders. crazy.

I would seriously hope we can swap round what we have left and use the NL guys in the middle for diddle, might be asking a lot with the rules being as they are but that possible set up is going to hamstring us big style? :o

Agree tho, rain off required!! :D

Before you post and totally de value a fixture a club is trying to promote,may get your facts right

Workington have a guest and RR

So Workington will have a couple of juniors in for Bach and Grajczonek while Scunny will I'm guessing have to use a junior for Klindt who it seems is down to ride in Poland. I thought you didnt get this crap in the PL?! :P

Klindt will be a Scunny on Sunday