British Speedway Forum
drew2

Somerset Rebels Vs Berwick 05/09

Thought i had better start this now as i will be too busy later in the week to be worrying about starting threads on here!! ;-)

I think it is very hard to predict a winner on Friday as with the decent weather forecast it should provide good fair conditions for everyone to do their best. I doubt it will be a one sided landslide scoreline this week although saying that the winners may well top 80 points! (good job Debbie ain't paying points money on that!) The chances of a Rebels win are slim in my view as despite his recent good form skipper (and new number one) Olly Allen, along with some additional support from the team sponsors Cases, carries the hopes squarely on his shoulders but he may struggle especially with the potential of many cameras clicking, at least the flashes will be turned off this time though!! :-)

Obviously the main event of the day is actually the 2nd annual golf day at Brean GC starting at 10am followed by the PL match back at the OTA at 7.30am. Oh and when it gets around to the speedway action i feel it will more than likely be another comfortable win for the Rebels again.

See you all on Friday and lets raise some money for the air fence fund!

• Like 1

I think this will be a close one. Berwick are very solid. The performances of Kus and Steen could well decide the outcome.

Obviously the main event of the day is actually the 2nd annual golf day at Brean GC starting at 10am followed by the PL match back at the OTA at 7.30am. Oh and when it gets around to the speedway action i feel it will more than likely be another comfortable win for the Rebels again.

See you all on Friday and lets raise some money for the air fence fund!

All the Best with the Golf Day Drew :party: . Look after Olly don't let him put his shoulder out :wink:

• Like 1

Rebels lots, Bandits few.

• Like 5

I think this will be a close one. Berwick are very

solid. The performances of Kus and Steen could well decide the outcome.

Another hammering in store for the visitors, even without Kurtz and Aspgren.

Should be a good match however I'm not sure why the Rebels didn't go for Kyle Newman unless he is riding for someone else that night. Jensen was a bit hit and miss recently at our place but I'm sure Gary knows what he's doing. Ol lie and Nick going very well at the moment at the top of the order and Charlie is pretty much a heat leader at home. Another 3 points for the Rebels.

Interested to know what's happening with our team.. I presume Matty will be missing still and we have up to 6.15 to use at reserve if that's the case! Expect that this will be a big beating for us but I'll be there.. :approve:

Interested to know what's happening with our team.. I presume Matty will be missing still and we have up to 6.15 to use at reserve if that's the case! Expect that this will be a big beating for us but I'll be there.. :approve:

I've seen us beaten to a pulp 3 times there this year, you've been to two of those, so you know what to expect.

Should be a good match however I'm not sure why the Rebels didn't go for Kyle Newman unless he is riding for someone else that night. Jensen was a bit hit and miss recently at our place but I'm sure Gary knows what he's doing. Ol lie and Nick going very well at the moment at the top of the order and Charlie is pretty much a heat leader at home. Another 3 points for the Rebels.

Actually, Jensen looked very quick in his last 3 rides on his last visit. Mixed it too with the Rebels riders.

Personaly I think if Matty is coming back on Sat he would be as well trying on Fri just to see how he feels and gets a spin under his belt , it's a nothing match anyway and he has to be on the ball in the play offs if we want any advantage of hin at reserve.

Kyle riding for Poole at Lakeside.

Don't think this will be to easy at all,think we will get the 3 points,not having

Brady or Pontus is bad but wrighty in the middle of the team will help,will miss this one as I'm in Crete!

Edited by coomie

Simota looks the best option if Berwick need a guest, 17 (including a tactical) at Somerset a couple of weeks ago.

Wethers (I might be reading this wrong) If he isn’t 100% fit could Berwick use Wolbert as a guest? It might be a risk given some of his performances this year but one worth taking if Berwick faced Edinburgh or Newcastle away in the Play Offs.

Edited by sparkafag

All the Best with the Golf Day Drew :party: . Look after Olly don't let him put his shoulder out :wink:

Looks like Olly has had to withdraw from Friday. Just the golf part and not the speedway before you Bandits fans get your hopes up!!

It is a shame as i know he really was looking forward to it. His clubs were already here and he had arranged to fly down from Norwich to Exeter on Thursday & stay overnight before playing on Friday. Olly has really got involved in the club this year. His comments last week were also nice to hear when he said how welcome he has been made to feel at Somerset. He also said how much he was enjoying it and so much more than he had done for a few seasons. Pontus also said afterwards that the Rebels were the only PL club he would consider riding for so the promotion/management must be doing something for riders to say that publicly.

Bandits e-Newsletter confirms Matthew Wethers has been passed fit to rejoin the team at Somerset.

Will ride at No 6 in a rejigged line-up.

• Like 1