British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shaggie

Stockholm Gp

The ample proportioned female must be warming up for the star spangled banner now. 2 weeks to practice.

Official attendance was about 16'000. https://mobile.twitter.com/BjornOldeen/status/515961735237603328

however i don't think it was that many. Looked more like around 10K to me.

Decent GP. Ok performance from the Swedes but Lindgren doesnt have "it" when it matters.

THJ was ok, just missed out on the semis but was able score points despite being last from the gate.yo

Edited by Ghostwalker

Job mostly done now by Greg. His world title to lose. Just steady rides and keep out of trouble, and I'm sure he can do that.

Hampel rode really well, first 21 point max this year I think, thats some good riding. What a switch around from most of his performances this year. I fhe dont finish in top 8 now, surely he gets a wold card.

Now if only some certain other English rider could pull something out of the bag, but he didnt...... again.

KK blew it, nerves must have got at him. He had a great chance to do something big tonight and missed out.

• Like 1

Just like to mention how much we enjoyed the whole experience at the Friends Arena.

Me and the missus rarely travel to GP's these days, we just got hacked off with being treated so badly. In Prague my wife had an expensive small umbrella stolen by some uniformed thug, when we got into the stadium all those in the expensive seats were allowed huge umbrella's. Then on entering the Parken an old Lady in front of us had two sandwiches confiscated from her handbag.

But tonight, no bag searches, sit where you like if the seat was empty, and there was even a small section of terracing for those that wanted to stand. And the best bit, you could go outside for a fag, not many stadium's let you do that.

As for the meeting, I probably enjoyed it more than some. Being an Ipswich fan it was great to see Jarek back on top, and i also backed Greg to win the Championship this year, so no complaints here!

Edited by spanner47

Official attendance was about 16'000. https://mobile.twitter.com/BjornOldeen/status/515961735237603328

Decent GP. Ok performance from the Swedes but Lindgren doesnt have "it" when it matters.

THJ was ok, just missed out on the semis but was able score points despite being last from the gate.yo

Pity you could nt mention that Jaroslav Hampel won the Grand Prix , which was the easiest for many a year.

Posted on this forum last year, that after attending last years GP at Stockholm that without the first year surge of novelty travelling support that it would be difficult to improve last years attendance ! At between 10-15,000 there must be some concern whether this GP is sustainable . Edited by New Science

Chris Harris redeemed his reputation in heat 17 by keeping the defending world champion Tai Woffinden in last place.

That's good enough for the fan club.

Happy that AJ is finding some form in the gps - always been a favorite of mine. On his day one of the most exciting riders in the world.

Hope he does enough for a place next season.

• Like 2

What a boring GP - we had to wait until the race where someone actually overtook another rider and Nigel called that the race of the night so far !

• Like 1

What a boring GP - we had to wait until the race where someone actually overtook another rider and Nigel called that the race of the night so far !

Well technically he was right wasn't he? :neutral:

Wonder what you were watching as in first 8 heats you had Holder & AJ in heat 3, AJ & Nicki heat 5 & KK and Holder passing Harris heat 8. Also NIcki passed twice in heat 13 amongst other passes. Maybe just missed on TV footage

• Like 2

Was a poor GP for me, with so many of the races and racers being from the gaters these days... World champs decided on who can gate best.

Thought wed seen the back of that when Nielsen retired.