British Speedway Forum
Edward Barrett

Eastbourne V Kings Lynn, 6th September.

Lewis bridger replaces mikkelsen for eastie, mikkelsen got hurt last night apparently

i'm disapointed to see the choice? of reserve for blackbird. with nicholls and morley in i don't think it will hurt the stars much. we're making the trip across as it might be the last for us but i fear the trip home will feel like every mile. it's being so cheerful keeps me going.

Nicholls,Lemon & Morley in for NKI,R.Lambert and S.Lambert makes another loss for Lynn I think.As I have said before NKI is irreplaceable in this league.

Plus Bridger for Michelsen makes Eastbourne slightly stronger imo as Bridger is riding very well at the moment.

Lewis bridger replaces mikkelsen for eastie, mikkelsen got hurt last night apparently

Watched it-Danish league match-actually crashed twice and not surprising he`s out

Where Robert Lambert?

Kings Lynn website says "international meeting" so I`m guessing some German open meeting-probably "night of the fights" Cloppenburg. edit yes he is in this meeting-Holder is in it as well.

Edited by racers and royals

Good luck to the Stars down at that ####hole, hope it continues after this season for the sake of the Eastbourne fans but if it doesn't I personally won't miss it or BD :o

Good luck to the Stars down at that ####hole, hope it continues after this season for the sake of the Eastbourne fans but if it doesn't I personally won't miss it or BD :o

What a nice post!! British speedway can not afford to lose any further clubs, Birmingham already this season, now probably Eastbourne. With so called "supporters" like you around, jeez!

No doubt you think you are doing your bit by paying your entrance fee.

BD, who you say "you won't miss" has been forking out £200 k a year, or more, out of his own pocket for the past few years.

Who do you think British Speedway will miss more?

Him or you?

I'll give you a clue, it won't be you!

• Like 4

I shall miss Eastbourne if they go. At least if the racing is crap you can always moan at Bob doctoring the track .then there was the notorious 75-0'which has gone down in folklore. A night I probably remember far more than many mediocre meetings. Then there was my first sight of the innovative egg shaped track which has never been surpassed ;) if it goes I'll have no reason to visit gods waiting room and I do enjoy a stroll along the prom to the bandstand for a bit of music.

I hope someone like Buster takes it over and can build the place up but if not thanks for the memories.

Good to hear some nice comments.

Sure Eastbourne has gone a bit downhill over recent years although I believe the new silencers have affected bikes on our track and also the air fence takes up so much room on a tight track.

I hope people remember the likes of Adam Shields riding the boards and Martin Dugard coming from the back after a rare bad gate rather than the regular FTG racing.

As for taking a pop at a team that could be on the way out, I don't get that. I certainly took no pleasure from the demise of Oxford, Reading and Birmingham, I think there could be others on the way out as well as Eastie so it could be a small Elite League next year.

As for this match, I just hope we get all the points and hope for something from the two Belle Vue matches and Wolves..

Come on Eastie

• Like 1

What a nice post!! British speedway can not afford to lose any further clubs, Birmingham already this season, now probably Eastbourne. With so called "supporters" like you around, jeez!No doubt you think you are doing your bit by paying your entrance fee.BD, who you say "you won't miss" has been forking out £200 k a year, or more, out of his own pocket for the past few years.Who do you think British Speedway will miss more?Him or you?I'll give you a clue, it won't be you!

:-)

Or maybe he'll make a miracle recovery for tomorrow.....

Or maybe he'll make a miracle recovery for tomorrow.....

Think I know what you are saying there.

Compton has withdrawn from Poole meeting tonight so looks like Eastbourne may need to find another guest

trouble is geer is quoted as saying compton was the best available, anybody with a joe screen+ size set of kevlars?

Nicholls,Lemon & Morley in for NKI,R.Lambert and S.Lambert makes another loss for Lynn I think.As I have said before NKI is irreplaceable in this league.

Plus Bridger for Michelsen makes Eastbourne slightly stronger imo as Bridger is riding very well at the moment.

hope your'e right, i agree about bridger.

trouble is geer is quoted as saying compton was the best available, anybody with a joe screen+ size set of kevlars?

hope your'e right, i agree about bridger.

I hope i'm wrong :t:

Compton has withdrawn from Poole meeting tonight so looks like Eastbourne may need to find another guest

What is Kyle Newman doing? Failing that what about Adam Ellis? Steve Worrell is unavailable as he is riding for Swindon.