British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Worrying Rye House Rumours

Maybe he's seen the light and is letting the team manager get on with it

i didn't realise rye house had a team manager shads!!

Len's association with Rye House goes back a long way. I took a photo of him after he finished a race at Rye House in 1960 or 1961...he was wearing a Red Devils race bib. In later life he told me he had never ridden at Rye House and as I could not locate the photo, I could not prove him wrong. There are not too many tracks/clubs with a long history left...they have all gone the way of all the London clubs, so I for one even though I have not been to Rye House for 50 years would hate to see it go.

• Like 1

Anyone who watched speedway at Rye House in the early 60's will remember Mike Broadbank being invoved. Riders I remember wearing the red Devil race jacket were Geoff Mudge, Clive Hitch, Tommy Sweetman. Bob Andrews and the McGillivray brothers. I've forgotten the rest but no doubt someone with a better memory will remind me.

Anyone who watched speedway at Rye House in the early 60's will remember Mike Broadbank being invoved. Riders I remember wearing the red Devil race jacket were Geoff Mudge, Clive Hitch, Tommy Sweetman. Bob Andrews and the McGillivray brothers. I've forgotten the rest but no doubt someone with a better memory will remind me.

Tyburn Gallowes ?

Edited by Oafski

Tyburn Gallowes ?

I remember Tyburn from West Ham second-halves but I can't recall him from Rye, though sadly I don't remember everything from those days. Rye House was a great sunday afternoon out...you could stand right up against the fence on the first bend and had to duck when the riders passed to avoid getting covered. As a 12 year old I loved it.

For all the faults of Rye this year at least Len pays the riders in FULL and ON TIME, this he should get respect for, just look at Peterborough (although there was never a problem at Peterborough or Oxford before, or was there?) And to think that Steve Ribbons was regarded as not a fit and proper person to be a promotor.I hope this year at Rye was all about a small budget due to the installation of the air fence, as I say I hope, as having lost Rye before I so hope we don't go there again.

And you know this as a fact - because?.

Edited by bigcatdiary

I didn't pick up any kind of hint from going to Rye House on Saturday that Len was considering packing in Rye House.

Seemed to be business as usual.

All the best

Rob

Well as I understand it we are running2015 and that's a start. Kennet garrity and greenwood. Lykke paired with him at reserve. Boxall at two. Should leave plenty for two heat leaders. X

I'd be surprised to see garrity at rye next year and can you honestly see uncle Len giving Bowen the boot.

Luke's just taken on a mortgage and with a full time job would he want the chance of another serious injury?

Well as I understand it we are running2015 and that's a start. Kennet garrity and greenwood. Lykke paired with him at reserve. Boxall at two. Should leave plenty for two heat leaders. X

If they stay Premier League - Kent have applied to have there curfew changed to 10pm?

• Like 1

The fact that Silver has told the local rag that he may bring Kasper back next season should be enough to show that the Rockets will be running at PL level in 2015.

Kasper has potential but can't gate to save his life. The track isn't suddenly going to become covered in dirt unfortunately so I hope we don't see him back tbh as he'll be not much better then he was last year.

Luke's just taken on a mortgage and with a full time job would he want the chance of another serious injury?

Lets hope not - I'm all Bowen'd out to be honest....... ZZzzzzzz

after 10 years at Rye House still drops to reserve every season and still cannot ride any away track with any consistency ....

I agree he is a bit of a one track pony, but his win over Adam roynon at the showground on Sunday must rank as one of his best ever rides away from the launch pad.

• Like 1

I agree he is a bit of a one track pony, but his win over Adam roynon at the showground on Sunday must rank as one of his best ever rides away from the launch pad.

Half a lap before he passed him the other half said "he'll never pass anyone riding that inside line all of the time"