British Speedway Forum
screm

Berwick V Workington 10/09/2014 @7-30pm

Linden gave us something we will never have again 1st Division speedway.

He certainly did but who's money was He using.!

He certainly did, but at a cost, IMO his time at Berwick Speedway wont be looked back upon with a whole lot of affection, though I think its fair to say some got more out of it than others.

He certainly did, but at a cost, IMO his time at Berwick Speedway wont be looked back upon with a whole lot of affection, though I think its fair to say some got more out of it than others.

looking back it would have been better to have a very good second division team rather than going to first division Still gave us a season which will never ever be repeated
  • Like 1

at this moment in time it looks like josh g is doing a joe screen for next year for somerset. really poor so far in recent meetings

can someone from somerset please come and teach josh how to ride a bike again. he has got his glasgow form back.

Edited by jenga

Poor show on the road again what has went wrong with our no 1 poor show again to night god help us if we make the play offs

Terry Linden

Peter Waite was born in Castle Hills Maternity Home, that makes him English.

Jesus was born in a stable, but he never ran in the Derby. It's where your blood is from, not where you were born.

I was born in Bethnal Green, East London, within the sound of Bow Bells, proper Cockney, but I don't class myself as English as I have Greek blood from both parents

When it was worth having. Top league speedway is a joke now Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Decent meeting tonight, comfortable for us with some good manoeuvres around the track with the spectacularity factor.
A good turnout for a midweek meeting.

Great to see Matty Wethers's nerve and competitiveness are still fully intact after his horror crash!

Looking forward to the play offs :)

Good way to finish the regular season, beating a team who I thought at the start of the season would be right up there. Claus and Kevin, in particular looked fast tonight, probably the best I've seen Kevin ride for Berwick. Probably hitting his best home form at this time. Expected a lot more from Josh Grajczonek who I have seen go really well round Shielfield before. Kyle Howarth and Ricky Wells had flashes though.

Nice touch to see Liam as part of the post match celebrations. Good to see he is still thought of by the promotion. Going to be a long road back for him.

PS got to echo the thoughts earlier on in the thread regarding Matty Wethers. Great to see he has obviously not lost his nerve despite his horrific crash. Hopefully he will be back to full fitness soon. Just goes to show what I've thought for a long time, speedway riders are a different breed.

• Like 3

Poor show on the road again what has went wrong with our no 1 poor show again to night god help us if we make the play offs

And what about Somerset on Friday? :o

Disappointing result exacerbated again by another 5-1 loss in Ht15, just seems on the pure face of it that we have all but given up, we have absolutely no chance in the play offs riding like this away from home, dont know what is happening, why cant we get it together?

Only two pts behind Newky, 6 available v Sheffield at home so it looks like we dont give a toss about the away fixtures just getting them out of the way with minimal effort, hope that's coz we're saving it up as it's highly unlikely we'll drop all the pts on Saturday so we will probably be the sixth team and we really are gonna need to pull our finger out to avoid totally embarrassing ourselves!!

Never expected this scenario when we started, it all looked so promising!! :cry:

Comfortable enough win over a weakened Workington side, no doubt there will be tougher meetings now the play-offs are just round the corner. Vissing was excellent, sadly the Workington No1 had an off night.

It would appear josh g is doctoring his average for next season if resent meetings are anything to go by.....

Though not impossible, that kind of thing is harder to do under these rolling averages.

Workington as I predicted early season are a poor outfit.

Hope we retain Claus Vissing with maybe Jason Bunjan who should really give us some strength in Heats 2,7,11,14

just like to remind all worky followers that newcastle are NOT our main rivals for the final 6th place. p/borro are. they have a home tie against rye and an away fixture at pltmouth , so by getting 4 points at plymouth they push us out of the play offs.

gut we still have to gain all home points available. to us.

FORGET NEWCASTLE, LOOK OUT FOR THE PUDDY CATS