British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LagutaRacingFan

Panthers Vs Glasgow (9/9/13)

Ah well , the predictable 5-1 came to fruition . Still it's a point which keeps us clear of the battle for the wooden spoon .

Your glass half full attitude is commendable dosen't take away from the fact that with a half decent No 1 we would have won that tonight he must go down as one off the worst signings we have ever made and that is saying something with some off the duffers we have signed over the years

Soory forgot about Penfold second worst then.

• Like 1

Your glass half full attitude is commendable dosen't take away from the fact that with a half decent No 1 we would have won that tonight he must go down as one off the worst signings we have ever made and that is saying something with some off the duffers we have signed over the years

Not a glass half full attitude at all . We can all see what cost us tonight , but with the signing deadline now past , there's no point dwelling on it and wondering what if .

I'd fancy Sneddon & Fox to clean up against these Panthers reserves even at the showground.

Barrett was even worse than last week.

Dilger tries and gates not too badly, he just gets outmuscled and his style is against him - hunched over the bars.

Not confident they'll score much against Jacobs & Lambert but you never know.

Whoever signed him should not be allowed anywhere near signing anyone again with a real No 1 we would no doubt have more points on the board just hope after this season he is not allowed anywhere near a Tigers bib again.

Another point from Palovaara would have got us a draw however we can't blame the rider. It is frustrating that with even a 5 or 6 pointer riding at No1 we could have won this and have a much more robust team overall.

Palovaara should get his average after Friday at the track that entertains like no other, and that will give us a team CMA around the 36 point mark!

• Like 2

I feel your pain Gazc, it's so bloody frustrating! Really thought we would win that. Ahh well.

Well what do you say?

Well done to the lads who brought the points in, the same ones doing it most of this season.

Another case of "if only" we'd had all riders firing at the same time and yet again an excellent choice of guest.

We seem to be better at choosing guests than assets!

• Like 1

I must say that I feel you were unlucky not to take all the points back up to Scotland with you, and had your No 1 done a third of the job that he was employed to do, then you would have done so.

I'm in no shape or form knocking Peterborough, because they provided some excellent entertainment, but to never be in front at HOME until the last race, makes it a bit unlucky to the visitors for me, who probably like many people, didn't think they'd get within 10-points of the Panthers.

What a dreadful looking crash by Rusty Harrison, and what a relief to see him finally get up and walk away. One of speedway's Mister Nice Guys.

Well done both teams, for providing top quality entertainment.

I know Palovaara gets a huge amount of stick on the BSF as do the Glasgow management for signing him, but..................

..... he did score 10 in the World U21 Qualifier at Leicester in May - http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13312/world-qualifying-round-leicester-30pm

This included wins over Gino Manzares, the highly rated Eduard Krcmar and against Max Fricke in the run-off.

So based on that he should have been a decent signing.

To be honest he didn't look that bad last night.

Wasn't gating but was keeping up.

Maybe it's his equipment that's not up to it over here - is it still borrowed stuff?

Edited by TheScotsman

Apart from the Palovaara debate, this was a good close match with the result always in doubt.

Glasgow started like an express train and 6 up after 4 heats and again after 9 heats was fair reward.

Pijper blitzed heat 1 as did Ellis in heat 2.

In fact Ellis rode well throughout and was very at home on the bigger track. Might be the first meeting I've seen him in when he hasn't fallen at least once!

He rode very well to beat Ostergaard in heat 4 - the only rider to do so in 9 attempts.

Pijper also rode well to beat Dryml.

Wolbert was never a threat to the home heat leaders and even lost to Dilger in his last ride!!

Aarnio looked useful and looks to be getting back on the pace.

Harrison was a bit of a handful and had a good win over Dryml before taking a nasty tumble in his last ride trying to move up from the back. He went into turn 2 far too fast and paid the penalty. Seemed to crack his head hard on the track so it was a relief to see him up and walking back after a while.

The ref was seriously late late in getting the red lights on after the crash - the riders were past the start line before they came on.

Lykke Nielsen was pretty impressive - certainly gated better than when I saw him for Rye.

He and Ellis showed what reserves should be doing - 15+3 from 9 versus 4 from 10.

For Panthers,

Bjerre recovered after a slow first race to be unbeaten by an opponent in his next 4, including 2 big 5-1s with Ostergaard in 13 & 15.

Dryml rode well to only drop a couple of points - such a supreme stylist!

Roynon was very erratic. 2 self inflicted falls and a good heat win and a second plus a last. Needs to settle down a bit.

Ostergaard was majestic. A surprising defeat to Ellis and then vroom for the rest of the night.

Probably didn't gate first at all but so spectacular round the boards.

Dilger tried hard, gated then lost position, until his last 2 rides - a good finish ahead of Wolbert in heat 12 to reduce the deficit to 4, and then a very good second ahead of Ellis in heat 14 to avoid the deficit opening up to 4, after Roynon had binned it whilst third.

Barrett - words fail me!!

Glasgow were certainly faster out of the gate most of the evening and may feel hard done by not to have got a draw.

R/R for Hall mustered only 4 from the number 2 position so maybe no improvement on what Hall might have scored.

It's grim when you are giving r/r rides to Dilger and Barrett!!

Lovely fresh batch of chips from the catering van plus programmes available this time plus the lighting seemed better in the stand.

Just need the riders to talk more slowly when being interviewed on the mic!!

Not sure how Panthers are going to occupy themselves after Sunday given the League Cup final against Monarchs is was down on their priorities.

I know Palovaara gets a huge amount of stick on the BSF as do the Glasgow management for signing him, but..................

..... he did score 10 in the World U21 Qualifier at Leicester in May - http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13312/world-qualifying-round-leicester-30pm

This included wins over Gino Manzares, the highly rated Eduard Krcmar and against Max Fricke in the run-off.

So based on that he should have been a decent signing.

To be honest he didn't look that back last night.

Wasn't gating but was keeping up.

Maybe it's his equipment that's not up to it over here - is it still borrowed stuff?

I asked last week and was told he IS still on borrowed equipment.

I still think people are aiming the criticism in the wrong direction. He was signed to get an average for next season, no one ever seriously thought he was a no 1. He was only ever expected to learn this season and to constantly criticise him for not being a no 1 - a position he was never expected to ride to - is unfair on the rider. If he comes back at reserve next season - a more realistic position - judge him then and not this season against past failures who couldnt score at reserve. the fault here is NOT the riders and knocking him - as opposed to those who put him in the position - is counter productive imo

• Like 4

I still think people are aiming the criticism in the wrong direction. He was signed to get an average for next season, no one ever seriously thought he was a no 1. He was only ever expected to learn this season and to constantly criticise him for not being a no 1 - a position he was never expected to ride to - is unfair on the rider. If he comes back at reserve next season - a more realistic position - judge him then and not this season against past failures who couldnt score at reserve. the fault here is NOT the riders and knocking him - as opposed to those who put him in the position - is counter productive imo

But he's not beating anyone. So he's be a piss poor reserve. Signing crap like Palovara and Konupka on 7's who only get 3s is wrong. It needs to be stopped this winter at the AGM. minimum averages need to be introduced.

We are going to have some amount of reserves/second strings next year with Palovaara, Ringwood, Thomsen, Berge etc. Kasper should already have one of those positions secured. Bringing over yet more assessed riders still doesn't solve the problem of finding a No1 capable of holding their own.

We are going to have some amount of reserves/second strings next year with Palovaara, Ringwood, Thomsen, Berge etc. Kasper should already have one of those positions secured. Bringing over yet more assessed riders still doesn't solve the problem of finding a No1 capable of holding their own.

We would be a hell of a top heavy team lol. I agree with you MD Im just saying taking it out on Palovara isn't the answer

But he's not beating anyone. So he's be a piss poor reserve. Signing crap like Palovara and Konupka on 7's who only get 3s is wrong. It needs to be stopped this winter at the AGM. minimum averages need to be introduced.

I find this so ironic given your signature. perhaps trying to read what is written rather that what you want it to say would help :P

I would only have Berge and Kasper back from that list?!

• Like 1