British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LagutaRacingFan

Panthers Vs Glasgow (9/9/13)

I would only have Berge and Kasper back from that list?!

You'd have to know that Anders would definitely be able to make a go of it , you cant take a risk on a rider likely to drop out again. Ringwood might come into the equation depending on availability and averages. The two you name are the only two I would definitely have on my list from day 1 as well though

• Like 1

You'd have to know that Anders would definitely be able to make a go of it , you cant take a risk on a rider likely to drop out again. Ringwood might come into the equation depending on availability and averages. The two you name are the only two I would definitely have on my list from day 1 as well though

Something along these lines for next year? Althought there will be various depending circumstances i.e. getting Kasper from Rye and Kev belonging to Edinburgh!

1 2 Anders Thomsen 5.86 3 Kev Wolbert 5.86 4 Theo Pijper 6.6 5 Rusty Harrison 6.48 6 Kasper Lykke 4.46 7 Dimitri Berge 4.9 34.16 8.34 left
  • Like 1

We would be a hell of a top heavy team lol. I agree with you MD Im just saying taking it out on Palovara isn't the answer

I find this so ironic given your signature. perhaps trying to read what is written rather that what you want it to say would help :P

My point was that the 7 point average is is given is there to stop him being a reserve. He should not be allowed to drop it reserve as you suggest. The assessed 7 point average is meant to mean only good quality (if we assume 7 is good quality) riders ride over here.

Having foreigners come over and allowed to get a 3 point average because they'll become good is a joke. Why not sign a young Brit on a 3 point average? He might become good too.

My rant BTW is aimed at a number of clubs, a few of them have done it. Glasgow seem to have a habit of it though :o

My point was that the 7 point average is is given is there to stop him being a reserve. He should not be allowed to drop it reserve as you suggest. The assessed 7 point average is meant to mean only good quality (if we assume 7 is good quality) riders ride over here.

Having foreigners come over and allowed to get a 3 point average because they'll become good is a joke. Why not sign a young Brit on a 3 point average? He might become good too.

My rant BTW is aimed at a number of clubs, a few of them have done it. Glasgow seem to have a habit of it though :o

Not as much as the Monarchs have in recent years. Tabaka, Dilger, Busch, etc, .

Too harsh.

Smokin Joe Tabaka averaged 6 last season and would have been a heat leader this year had he not been wiped out by Morris in the play-off final and suffering an horrendously badly broken leg.

Toby Busch only had a few meetings and was getting on fine but ran out of matches.

Dilger I will give you!!

However you are ignoring the difficulty Monarchs and Glasgow have in getting anyone to travel that far north for home matches.

There are a few who won't even travel up there for away matches!!

So both teams have no choice other than to look abroad and take the chance.

Sometimes it pays off.

Sometimes it doesn't.

• Like 2

Glasgow very unfortunate to lose this meeting.

Not as much as the Monarchs have in recent years. Tabaka, Dilger, Busch, etc, .

And Fox this year. Tabaka is a bit harsh but you forget Helfer!

But look at some of the riders Glasgow have had. Campton, O'Malley, Davey, Ringwood, Horwood the one who did about 3 meetings before being bombed out in 2010 and Thomsen.

Edited by SCB

And Fox this year. Tabaka is a bit harsh but you forget Helfer!

But look at some of the riders Glasgow have had. Campton, O'Malley, Davey, Ringwood, Horwood the one who did about 3 meetings before being bombed out in 2010 and Thomsen.

Helfer was the one i could just not remember his name, damn.

Didn't wee Joe not have about a 3 point average, and then I think got recalled and faired better.

I excluded Steve W as he was genuine, just needed a change but still surprised everyone, including brother Richie

Fox I think has something, and it is to the Monarchs' credit that they guaranteed his position this year despite his worrying start.

Thing is, the '3 pointers' were engaged around the Wolbert 'average' times, so there were many suspicions.

Too harsh.

Smokin Joe Tabaka averaged 6 last season and would have been a heat leader this year had he not been wiped out by Morris in the play-off final and suffering an horrendously badly broken leg.

Toby Busch only had a few meetings and was getting on fine but ran out of matches.

Dilger I will give you!!

However you are ignoring the difficulty Monarchs and Glasgow have in getting anyone to travel that far north for home matches.

There are a few who won't even travel up there for away matches!!

So both teams have no choice other than to look abroad and take the chance.

Sometimes it pays off.

Sometimes it doesn't.

My point was not the Scottish teams using or having to use foreigners. My point was the Monarchs happened to nicely get assessed riders low averages to enable them to come back at a later date.

Something along these lines for next year? Althought there will be various depending circumstances i.e. getting Kasper from Rye and Kev belonging to Edinburgh!

1 2 Anders Thomsen 5.86 3 Kev Wolbert 5.86 4 Theo Pijper 6.6 5 Rusty Harrison 6.48 6 Kasper Lykke 4.46 7 Dimitri Berge 4.9 34.16 8.34 left

Yeah thats my team for next year as well i.e this years team with an actual number 1 ;)

• Like 1

My point was not the Scottish teams using or having to use foreigners. My point was the Monarchs happened to nicely get assessed riders low averages to enable them to come back at a later date.

Ah yes, Katajisto also.

True but you haven't mentioned Grajczonek, Morris, Bellego and Berge. I'm sure all of them achieved their assessed average or just about in their first season, though Morris was a 3.00 if I remember correctly.

Thomsen has the ability just not the machinery or laterly attitude.

Think we better give the Scandanavian market a miss in future . When we roll up in either Copenhagen or Stockholm and cry " bring out your dead " , out pops a Palovaara , or a Peter Juul , or an Anders Andersen or a Robin Tornqvist . Even back in our most successful period in the early nineties we somehow managed to acquire Mads Kornelliussen's less talented older brother Tim .

There is one Scandanavian i would like to keep hold off , so if Uncle Len is willing to listen and we have the readies , then i'd make young Kasper an asset .

• Like 2

Think we better give the Scandanavian market a miss in future . When we roll up in either Copenhagen or Stockholm and cry " bring out your dead " , out pops a Palovaara , or a Peter Juul , or an Anders Andersen or a Robin Tornqvist . Even back in our most successful period in the early nineties we somehow managed to acquire Mads Kornelliussen's less talented older brother Tim .

Didn't we replace him with Jesper Olsen?

Didn't we replace him with Jesper Olsen?

We did indeed . And wasn't he wild back then :shock::wink: