British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stratton

Young Pawlicki Is He A Star In The Making Or Another Overated Young Pole.?

Quite often a lot of the young poles flatter to deceive

Over time we had:

Pepe

Dados

Hampel

Kujawa

Zabik

Dudek

Janowski

Prez Pawlicki

Out of those only Hampel went on to be true world class

Piotr Pawlicki has the potential but can he fulfil it. We seen Janowski and Dudek not really go with their careers after winning the World Under 21 maybe younger Pawlicki can buck the trend

Perhaps a little early to "write them off"? They are only 23 years old so still in the beginning of their careers so let's give them another

5-10 years before we rule them out as being "true world class".

There is also Pawel Prezedpelski who have been very solid for Smederna (with one exception) since he came into the team in the mid-season transfer window.

• Like 1

What happened to Zabik? What happened to that other young polish guy who was going to be the next big thing about a year ago?And then there was Dudek as well and now we have young Pawlicki.........and we also had the new bunch of Danes who Erik told Phil were even better than Liglad,M.Bech and Mikkel Michelsen..............

Knew Sid had started this thread from just the snippet i could see of the title :party:

And janowski is/was the name of the new superstar from a year or so ago

Zabik broke his thigh (or similar). Then he broke it again, smashed his head a few times getting serious concussions. He was unlucky for a few seasons in a row.

I was watching Elitserien this week thinking once again, what will become of Janowski. Decided to wait while realising the clock is ticking,

You could off the top of my head also add Szombierski,Okoniewski,Hlib and of course the wonder of the SWC Marcin Rempala

Robert Miskowiak.

• Like 1

Perhaps a little early to "write them off"? They are only 23 years old so still in the beginning of their careers so let's give them another

5-10 years before we rule them out as being "true world class".

There is also Pawel Prezedpelski who have been very solid for Smederna (with one exception) since he came into the team in the mid-season transfer window.

not writing them off but if you look where they were 3 years ago they haven't actually gone forward. As you say there is still time but they should be knocking on the door of the gp's quite loudly but they are not. When you see Smolinski and Harris in there then you would think Janowski in particular should be almost there by now

Zabik broke his thigh (or similar). Then he broke it again, smashed his head a few times getting serious concussions. He was unlucky for a few seasons in a row.

I was watching Elitserien this week thinking once again, what will become of Janowski. Decided to wait while realising the clock is ticking,

Robert Miskowiak.

It was a rhetorical question,i wasn't really after a detailed answer :P But it does highlight just what can happen to any decent young rider.Personally i hope Robert Lambert carries on making good progress and will reach the top before any of the above named riders.What happened to the young guy with the dreadlocks who burst on the scene last year?Lunna.......still going strong?

not writing them off but if you look where they were 3 years ago they haven't actually gone forward. As you say there is still time but they should be knocking on the door of the gp's quite loudly but they are not. When you see Smolinski and Harris in there then you would think Janowski in particular should be almost there by now

SMOLINSKI and Harris got in via a lucky break in the GP Challenge but that doesn't mean they are better riders than Janowski or a host of others in my view

not writing them off but if you look where they were 3 years ago they haven't actually gone forward. As you say there is still time but they should be knocking on the door of the

gp's quite loudly but they are not. When you see Smolinski and Harris in there then you would think Janowski in particular should be almost there by now

Well who's career have been going straight up all the time? It's fairly common that young talents have dips early in their career.

I haven't seen much of Przemyslaw Pawlicki this yea but last season and the season he was very good for Piraterna.

I definitely think he will be a world class rider and a future GP-rider.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Well who's career have been going straight up all the time? It's fairly common that young talents have dips early in their career.

Very true.A rider bursts onto the scene and then obviously gets offers left,right and centre and probably takes on too much too soon.It is then a case of consolidation and learning a lot in a short time.Some sink under the pressure and one or two come out swimming,but it is rare that a rider goes straight to the top without a dip or two

I see Kujawa got a mention as an "over rated Pole". He was never, ever rated by anyone. Even the Poles were shocked when he won the U21 title in '01.

Along with Robert Kaspzak (brother of Krys), Christophe Cayre and some other French dude who I can't remember (who weirdly, all rode for the IoW!), Kujawa one of the worst riders I've ever seen live!

You could off the top of my head also add Szombierski,Okoniewski,Hlib and of course the wonder of the SWC Marcin Rempala

Can't figure out Marcin Rempala looked a class act in his few meetings for Berwick but just seems happy to plod along in Poland,Definately should have had a much better career in the sport IMO .

It was a rhetorical question,i wasn't really after a detailed answer :P But it does highlight just what can happen to any decent young rider.Personally i hope Robert Lambert carries on making good progress and will reach the top before any of the above named riders.What happened to the young guy with the dreadlocks who burst on the scene last year?Lunna.......still going strong?

Very true.A rider bursts onto the scene and then obviously gets offers left,right and centre and probably takes on too much too soon.It is then a case of consolidation and learning a lot in a short time.Some sink under the pressure and one or two come out swimming,but it is rare that a rider goes straight to the top without a dip or two

I wasn't in the mood to spot such nyances. :D

Lunna is doing quite fine. Pretty much a perfect example of your second post. If I'm honest I think he dipped a little at the start of the season but is now getting back there. Havent chat with him that much, but he's always honest and doesnt look for stupid excuses. So in that way he's on the path... So he's swimming at the moment, but trials for the Olympics are a long way still. :wink:

Well who's career have been going straight up all the time?

Darcy Ward's? Thats until August 2014 that is. Chris Holder is another one thats pretty close. Possibly Sajfutdinov until he got injured last year. 3 riders at the top of the world.

EDIT: Probably the most important thing was forgotten regarding Nike Lunna. 18 years last saturday, dreadlocks are gone. :lol:

Edited by f-s-p

EDIT: Probably the most important thing was forgotten regarding Nike Lunna. 18 years last saturday, dreadlocks are gone. :lol:

:t:

There was news on the net a while back that Arthur Sissis was contemplating a comeback after being dropped by his Superbike team or whatever it was.Now he is one of the most naturally talented youngsters i have seen.Should hit the ground running and make it up there very quickly.if he does come back.Australia would have a frighteningly good team if darcy could get himself straightened out and then Fricke or Kurtz reach international standard as well.....

The truth is there are a hell of a lot of talented young riders out there but only a handful will ever make it to the top. The GP qualification system makes it hard to get in and stay in. In my humble opinion as a 66 year old long-time fan, it was easier in days gone by for a talented young rider to mature and make his mark.

Maybe not classed as a young rider but I expect Martin Vaculik to be GP regular in the not to distant future, he is still only 24 and is top of the polish league averages.

i

I see Kujawa got a mention as an "over rated Pole". He was never, ever rated by anyone. Even the Poles were shocked when he won the U21 title in '01.

Along with Robert Kaspzak (brother of Krys), Christophe Cayre and some other French dude who I can't remember (who weirdly, all rode for the IoW!), Kujawa one of the worst riders I've ever seen live!

Jeremy Barraud??

Christophe Cayre was proper special!!

Although Aurellian Lemarque I saw in an u-21 round at Poole made Cayre look like Ivan Mauger!!

Jeremy Barraud??

Christophe Cayre was proper special!!

Although Aurellian Lemarque I saw in an u-21 round at Poole made Cayre look like Ivan Mauger!!

Jeremy Baurrad, thats the guy. Couldn't even slide the bike around the bends, hilarious :D