British Speedway Forum
kitten2502

Birmingham Brummies - Has The Come Back Trail Started?

Good to see some positive news must admit I was starting to lose faith given how little theres been over recent weeks. It was stated when it all went t*ts up that Tony was going to call a meeting in August and I wondered what happened. I am really pleased that Tony has set the date with the potential investors, hopefully theres a few of them interested. Tony is a legend at Brum and theres nobody you would trust at running a speedway club more than him.

I really think a consortium owned club is the way forward with people who have backed the Brummies so well in the past. The guy from BRC Roofing I hope is contacted, enjoy reading his posts on Brummies forum and would be a great person to have on board. Also would be great to have a place around the table for the supporters club who have done sterling work over the past few months, I think Tony did indicate something like that may happen.

Early days I know but I hope we can rise from the Ashes and return to the sport, preferably at PL level next year. :t:

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 8

Following closely on from the good news about Belle Vue, this is a welcome filip indeed, and although there is clearly still much work to be done, we can be very hopeful now of a successful conclusion to what has been a shabby affair.

Like the previous poster, I have absolute faith in Tony Mole's expertise and judgement and cannot than him enough for ll he has done for both Birmingham and other speedway clubs in which he has been involved over the years. Unfortunately, I'm one of those supporters who doesn't have a pot of gold to invest but if there are other ways I can be useful, I'll be only too glad to do so.

Oh how good it will be to have our beloved Brummies back!

• Like 3

Good to see some positive news must admit I was starting to lose faith given how little theres been over recent weeks. It was stated when it all went t*ts up that Tony was going to call a meeting in August and I wondered what happened. I am really pleased that Tony has set the date with the potential investors, hopefully theres a few of them interested. Tony is a legend at Brum and theres nobody you would trust at running a speedway club more than him.

I really think a consortium owned club is the way forward with people who have backed the Brummies so well in the past. The guy from BRC Roofing I hope is contacted, enjoy reading his posts on Brummies forum and would be a great person to have on board. Also would be great to have a place around the table for the supporters club who have done sterling work over the past few months, I think Tony did indicate something like that may happen.

Early days I know but I hope we can rise from the Ashes and return to the sport, preferably at PL level next year. :t:

Absolutely spot on post!

I hope that we see the Brummies rise again like the Pheonix in 2015. It would be a sad if we lost them from the sport. Good luck and I hope that it comes to fruit.

I have my fingers crossed for you 'Brummie' Supporters. :t:

Best wishes too. :t:

Yes come on Tony, get them back, PL please.

:t::approve: :approve:

One of the best things to come out of this sorry business has been the genuine concerns and good wishes we have received from the supporters of other clubs which believe me, is very much appreciated and will not be forgotten.

• Like 5

Its positive news albeit tentitive. If Mole does secure investors to bring Speedway back to Perry Barr i hope those investors have the sole interest in one thing, making Birmingham speedway successful again in whatever League they run. Yes, they have to make money, or at least break even, but i believe with good promotion of the sport in Birmingham, danglling the carrot at fans it is posible. Good luck to all you Brummie fans, you deserve it.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

I think at the end of the day no one ever likes to see a club close down does not matter what team you support losing any team is a huge loss when I lost my beloved Bradford it hurt. If Birmingham can resurrect from the mess they clowns left then it is superb news and in what ever capacity PL or EL the people of Birmingham will have Speedway I just hope people appreciate the efforts and turn out in droves.

• Like 3

I just hope that after all the work going on behind the scenes, that if the Brummies do make it back and rac e in any form of league speedway in 2015, that the people of Birmingham and not just the die hard fans come to support the team.

I would hate to think that after so much effort that they same thing happened again a few years down the line, due to a lack of support from the second largest capitol in the country.

If they can't make at least 3 to 4 thousand people at the mettings then there is something sadly wrong with people in the city and surrounding region.

With a bit of advertising when it gets going again, I just hope they can fill up the stadium.

• Like 1

I just hope that after all the work going on behind the scenes, that if the Brummies do make it back and rac e in any form of league speedway in 2015, that the people of Birmingham and not just the die hard fans come to support the team.

I would hate to think that after so much effort that they same thing happened again a few years down the line, due to a lack of support from the second largest capitol in the country.

If they can't make at least 3 to 4 thousand people at the mettings then there is something sadly wrong with people in the city and surrounding region.

With a bit of advertising when it gets going again, I just hope they can fill up the stadium.

I like the positivity but at present,Birmingham,Wolverhampton,Coventry and Cradley added together doesn't come to 4000 fans

Are you serious? I mean, really?

I think he said it Tongue in cheek, but if The Brummies return, even the National League would be better than nowt, especially if Cradley remain NL, they would be sure to get at least 2 good crowds per season.its just the other 8/9 meetings they would need to attract spectators, but surely they could get 250/300 for NL meetings, and that would be enough to pay its way, Mole and Drury have both run NL Teams so they know what it needs and takes.. I guess it all depends what the Stadium rent is, wether or not NL Speedway is viable, because riders wages wouldnt break the bank,.

• Like 1