British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Glasgow Tigers V Newcastle Diamonds Ko Cup Sunday 28th September At 3pm

I actually travel to watch the team Dave and I posted on the forum at start of match before knowing the score not that it matters. There has been numerous times away from home with odd choices of guest so as I pay my money I think I can question it.

What if Glasgow had already booked Danny. Danny usually doesn't score points for us, while Fox has had several good rides for us. Only you would question a reserve booking when the team wins 55-35 away. Strewth.

Fox could well be The Monarch's dark horse at Newcastle, he's done ok for us when guesting for us,,, fair enough, he's not so good at Armadale ;-)

• Like 1

Hopefully Newcastle can go ahead and turn over our nearest next weekend, they had no opposition today. Danny King took almost a second off the track record though it looked fit for only stock cars, it was so deep on the corners and fast on the straights the poorer riders were struggling to turn, and claimed Aarnio in his third ride.

Have we seen the last of Wolbert? With meaningless home fixtures against Worky and Berwick left .....

• Like 1

I actually travel to watch the team Dave and I posted on the forum at start of match before knowing the score not that it matters. There has been numerous times away from home with odd choices of guest so as I pay my money I think I can question it.

Nobody questioning your right to an opinion. You could be a bit more supportive in terms of comments though. BTW Travelling to away meetings doesn't always give you a better opinion than others.

Edited by Tsunami

I didn't say it did but seeing fox miles behind everyone and then checking his scores from previous meetings did not fill me with hope. It was same as last yr in massive double header we had Brendan Johnson and he had scored 1 from 7 rides the week before at that track, how can I be supportive? If the promotion don't like some of my comments its tough really as unlike some on here I don't tip toe around the promotion and try not to upset them.

Could well be buttering Fox up for a move to Brough,,, av seen worse,,, he reminds me of Eddie Ingels :-)

I didn't say it did but seeing fox miles behind everyone and then checking his scores from previous meetings did not fill me with hope. It was same as last yr in massive double header we had Brendan Johnson and he had scored 1 from 7 rides the week before at that track, how can I be supportive? If the promotion don't like some of my comments its tough really as unlike some on here I don't tip toe around the promotion and try not to upset them.

I think I see where your coming from Gaz,,, but me for sure, I would maybe have an idea of better guest's, but it's wether or not their available, or even want to commit,,, it's ok to say 'Fred would do better than Bob', but can they fit us in ?

• Like 1

Point being you said your comments about Fox at 5.45pm, and stated that he had no points after 3 rides, yet you said you posted before the meeting. Of course you also knew that Phillips had won heat 2. Hmmm.

No chance of you tiptoeing around the promotion Gaz, but like your recent comments about the Supporters Committee, it might be better if you made your comments truthfull.

Edited by Tsunami

3 guests and rr for one team?

1 guest and rr for the other?

the PL is becoming the same sad joke as the EL....

did a farce like this generate a decent crowd?

Edited by mikebv

Point being you said your comments about Fox at 5.45pm, and stated that he had no points after 3 rides, yet you said you posted before the meeting. Of course you also knew that Phillips had won heat 2. Hmmm.

No chance of you tiptoeing around the promotion Gaz, but like your recent comments about the Supporters Committee, it might be better if you made your comments truthfull.

what comments? Send me a message to let me know. I should of said during the meeting and not before but stand by my comments.

3 guests and rr for one team?

1 guest and rr for the other?

the PL is becoming the same sad joke as the EL....

did a farce like this generate a decent crowd?

It's been the same in both leagues for years. Both leagues as bad as each other.

It's been the same in both leagues for years. Both leagues as bad as each other.

Nearly.

Surely R/R should be cancelled if both teams are in the same position?

When I was the promoter in charge of the Gems. I used to try and make it 7 and 7 as suggested, especially as I was not trying to win the CL but give youngsters more rides. Nobody wanted to but.

A bit different in the PL and EL, as the RR value could be different and could influence the final result.

• Like 1

When I was the promoter in charge of the Gems. I used to try and make it 7 and 7 as suggested, especially as I was not trying to win the CL but give youngsters more rides. Nobody wanted to but.

A bit different in the PL and EL, as the RR value could be different and could influence the final result.

Still think it should cancel out. Every point influences the final result. :cheers:

Still think it should cancel out. Every point influences the final result. :cheers:

Yes, but in the more prestigious PL and EL, RR could be used for say an 8 pointer(not number 1) against the other teams, say 4ish pointer. Replace both with non 3 pointers, and not many would agree that that sounds fair.