British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Can't see they would get much repeat business with their track especially away fans.

It isn't open to debate. Have you been??

The crowds hold up well despite what plenty say (including their own supporter's!).

And I have seen plenty of Wolves/Birmingham fans during our visits their - which defies the logic.

So you're calling The Swindon promotors saying this last week liars then?.

They havn't behaved well before with Batchelor & Peterborough & I don't condone that either.

No. It's amazing how we see the bit we want to see isn't it? (I do it as well so I'm not having a dig.). Did they expect a response? (that's the comical part). Frost wants what he paid or in fact could ask for more for a second year GP rider; add in a little dash of grief percentage and the Swindon promotion will be pleased that Rick or Julie didn't get back to them.

Can't see they would get much repeat business with their track especially away fans.

At least we get most meetings on, you can count up postponements at Leicester on your hands for the last 3-4 seasons, so supporters can usually travel to Leicester in confidence that the meeting will be on! And, the racing is improving, as more banking has been gradually added, and the track has risen 2-3 inches it now produces more racing lines, and you can blade a decent amount off without fear of damaging the base..... Overall, the whole product has improved..

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Awesome ice creams at Leicester as well, first class.

The meeting presentation is pretty good too, I like the rider interviews at the end, even as an away fan.

I'll always visit twice a season minimum.

• Like 1

That's so funny.

Would like you to prove that ridiculous statement.

It is most certainly not a ridiculous statement. The crowds at Leicester are indeed amongst the best. It is not just the quality of the racing that attracts. It is also the whole night out thing with it being on a Saturday, which is the best night for families. It is also things like the approachability of all involved that encourages such a good solid fan base. Speedway at Leicester is healthy and is a great night's entertainment win or lose.

The meeting presentation is pretty good too, I like the rider interviews at the end, even as an away fan.

I have not been to Leicester so really i have to be carefull what i say but are the ice creams better than the speedway?People i have spoke to have said it is poor the track is not right and the speedway is average at best right or wrong.?

I have not been to Leicester so really i have to be carefull what i say but are the ice creams better than the speedway?People i have spoke to have said it is poor the track is not right and the speedway is average at best right or wrong.?

Right and wrong......it was crap but got a whole lot better as the season went on.

It isn't open to debate. Have you been??

The crowds hold up well despite what plenty say (including their own supporter's!).

And I have seen plenty of Wolves/Birmingham fans during our visits their - which defies the logic.

Yes went last season it was the first time I had been so maybe I should give it another chance but ive rarely been to a meeting that lasted so long for 15 heats.
  • Like 1

Dont be silly, Swindon have got sour grapes because Doyley wants to ride for a better run club than Swindon. Yes we may not have the best track but its getting there but we had on average the biggest crowds Elite League and take a fair few away with us as well...

It has nothing to do with wanting to ride for Leicester more....thats part of the gripe on his part...in fact all of your statement is so so wrong..im afraid your club for Doyley is sloppy seconds...but enjoy

• Like 1

You have to be joking .

We have got Chris Popple doing the presenting.

King of the cock up's

You have to be joking .

We have got Chris Popple doing the presenting.

King of the cock up's

But is it true about the nice ice creams? Because I'd never go to the speedway without having a nice ice cream :D

Stadiums nice as well, just a shame the track is complete pants isn't it.

I quite enjoyed my trip to Leicester last season. Tidy venue, good setup and a good crowd all made for a decent evening out. The track isn't the best, but it isn't as bad as some make out in my eyes

• Like 4