British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Maybe they should call this meeting off unless they can find adequate cover.Afterall they don't want to be seen as robbing the paying public if they cant put out a decent team :P

best cancel the rest of the season then .

• Like 1

I am sure the Lions will put together a team. Will Poole be giving Magic another rest day due to injury problems or will he be fit to race. It will be very interesting when the outcome of the new riders actually become fact. From the comment made that it will be 2 riders coming to BP, doe's it mean the MM has now given up racing over here. If so how many times must British speedway have to suffer this every season where riders come from Europe only to pack their bags when their seasons get underway over there.

I know MM was injured, but this seems to be a regular feature with these Europen riders, just using the British clubs to make a few bob until they start riding in Poland and Sweden again.

If they sign, they should be made to sign for the whole EL season not come and go as they please. If they leave British speedway before the season ends then they should be banned from coming over here, full stop.

Official confirmed that Leicester have signed Lewis Bridger as a replacement for Mikkel Michelsen

• Like 1

Lions have officially announced the signing of Lewis Bridger, in place of Mikkel Michelsen who resigned today. They have 28 day facility in place for Bjarne Pedersen. Schlein guests for Pedersen at Swindon,Newman for Auty & Walasek returns from injury.

Poole Speedway have announced that they are now against Coventry Bees at Brandon on 1st June. Any ideas when the new Leicester date is or why it's been changed as this was meant to be the televised fixture?

Poole Speedway have announced that they are now against Coventry Bees at Brandon on 1st June. Any ideas when the new Leicester date is or why it's been changed as this was meant to be the televised fixture?

I can only imagine SKY thought Coventry v Poole had a more attractive look about it than a match against Lions which might be a bit one sided.

Doesn't usually bother them as they've chosen some awful mis-matches in the past when any fan could predict the score and know beforehand a disaster was looming, Perhaps they're learning at last. :lol: I'm just cheesed off there is a match that Monday whether it's against Leicester or Poole because I'll have to miss it. :sad:

• Like 1

Poole on Sky Sports twice that week then - you lucky people. :t:

How many riders have quit Leicester now over the years?

If I was a Lions fan I'd be wanting to no what's going on with the club why can't Liecester hold on to riders ? Danish riders they seem to have a big problem with for some reason - or was Pedersen and Michelsen on short term deals ? last season it was Mads and Hougarrd is Bridger really the answer ?

If I was a Lions fan I'd be wanting to no what's going on with the club why can't Liecester hold on to riders ? Danish riders they seem to have a big problem with for some reason - or was Pedersen and Michelsen on short term deals ? last season it was Mads and Hougarrd is Bridger really the answer ?

Maybe Saturday night's are a factor as Poland would be a priority for most riders. Just a thought..

Maybe Saturday night's are a factor as Poland would be a priority for most riders. Just a thought..

you could well have a very good point but Doyle and Walasek don't seem to have a problem with Saturday's though Wakasek hasn't returned yet to the side . So if that is the problem Lions have little choice but to change race night if they want to keep there side together .

Both riders rode for Eastbourne last season on a Saturday without the Polish issue. Think they only missed the odd meeting due to FIM meetings.

Official confirmed that Leicester have signed Lewis Bridger as a replacement for Mikkel Michelsen

How has Bridger 6.75 been able to come in for Michaelson 6.19 ? Am I missing something ?