British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Bridger had become a showboat rider. No matter what position would still throw a wheelie down the straights and in the turns constantly has this flash foot off the foot peg thing going on. On occasions thrown points away because of it.

It comes across to me that just riding the bike is too easy for him so he adds his own personal challenges to keep his mind entertained.

Super talented, as good as any Brit around but lacks focus.

If Norrie Allen is an ass kicker this could be an absolutely perfect partnership for both.

Can't agree with as good as any, he is a good rider, good but not outstanding you can't compare him with riders like Tai or Harris, Robert Lambert will prove to be a far better rider.

Can't agree with as good as any, he is a good rider, good but not outstanding you can't compare him with riders like Tai or Harris, Robert Lambert will prove to be a far better rider.

At 16 Bridger was in the Elite League having already averaged 9 plus as a 15 year old in the Conference League making him far better than Harris at that age - an illustration of how much unfulfilled potential LB has.

• Like 2

At 16 Bridger was in the Elite League having already averaged 9 plus as a 15 year old in the Conference League making him far better than Harris at that age - an illustration of how much unfulfilled potential LB has.

Different people develop at different ages, so he peaked too early!

You're not grasping what's being said. We are talking about Bridger's TALENT. He is as naturally talented on a motorcycle as any British rider competing today BUT in terms of transferring that into success on the speedway track you are right, he is way down the list and certainly behind Tai, Bomber and Robert. Potentially he could have been better than all of them but has fallen way, way short of what he could have achieved.

Manager Norrie Allan said: “On his day, Lewis is one of the most talented British riders and we have worked out a deal to make it possible for him to race in the Elite League again. !! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

You're not grasping what's being said. We are talking about Bridger's TALENT. He is as naturally talented on a motorcycle as any British rider competing today BUT in terms of transferring that into success on the speedway track you are right, he is way down the list and certainly behind Tai, Bomber and Robert. Potentially he could have been better than all of them but has fallen way, way short of what he could have achieved.

i don't agree he is as talented as any British rider competing today, i agree potentially he could of achieved alot more than he has but i don't agree he had the talent to be a gp rider. when he rode in the SWC he tried his best no messing around, no wheelies, he even tried his luck in Poland to get used to bigger tracks but still fell well short of the standard needed.

For Lewis Bridger, take Dave Norris. A run of the mill EL rider, that 3rd heat leader sort of rider for Eastbourne for years - then one day something clicked (it was riding for Team GB for Floppy) and he become a great rider almost over night, why? Because he wanted to be one. He always had the talent but suddenly he had the drive and he had about 3 or 4 seasons as an EL 9.5+ rider, got to ride at Cardiff and did the business for GB in the SWC. Does anyone really believe that Lewis can't do the same if someone can flick the same switch in him as was flicked in Floppy that time?

I'd love it if someone could dig out that interview with Floppy in Vojens where he's in equal measures buzzing with pride that he's riding for Team GB, chuffed to but someone believe in him enough to let him ride for Team GB and always looking back and regretting not doing it soon and thus vowing to do all he could to make sure he was picked again. You see the light bulb moment with Floppy in that interview. We need Lewis to have the same, who knows, Norris Allens no nonsense approach may enable him to find the switch. I hope so!

Edited by SCB

To be fair, Floppy was a better commentator too!! :t:

To be fair, Floppy was a better commentator too!! :t:

and a better human being also! :t:

• Like 1

i don't agree he is as talented as any British rider competing today, i agree potentially he could of achieved alot more than he has but i don't agree he had the talent to be a gp rider. when he rode in the SWC he tried his best no messing around, no wheelies, he even tried his luck in Poland to get used to bigger tracks but still fell well short of the standard needed.

I think the horse had bolted by then to a certain extent. He had to grasp the nettle in his second senior season but failed, and his move to Peterborough was a massive opportunity which he didn't take. He won't ever reach the standard he could have now, but perhaps he can get to a reasonable level and be an asset to his club and perhaps GB in the future.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Anyone knows what floppy is doing nowadays ?

It is a shame that we don't see or hear Floppy anymore, i always liked him and respected him, he was a very good analyst on the tv as well., really funny at times too.

I think the horse had bolted by then to a certain extent. He had to grasp the nettle in his second senior season but failed, and his move to Peterborough was a massive opportunity which he didn't take. He won't ever reach the standard he could have now, but perhaps he can get to a reasonable level and be an asset to his club and perhaps GB in the future.

Yes i agree that the horse had bolted but he had a real chance at Peterborough which he blew but in fairness he has upped his average considerably since then. When he rode at Poole in the 2010 koc and guested for Eastbourne, i got worried he may be coming to Poole for the next season, he rode quite well,got off the track quickly when he fell which wasn't easy with his bike stuck under the fence and said some nice words afterwards but i not sure it did much to help the feeling some Poole fans have of him and i have no doubt he won't be doing that again!

• Like 1

He was too controversial for TV but he was entertaining 😊