British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Mick, it was meant to read that I hope you have been invited, because I respect the brilliant job you did for the Panthers the last time you was commercial manager.

Interestingly enough he has had 2 offers by promotions (not Peterborough) for next year, but bearing in mind his previous experience and the clubs n his blood and the fact he lives on the Show-ground you would have thought it was a no brainer he would have been invited.

Interestingly enough he has had 2 offers by promotions (not Peterborough) for next year, but bearing in mind his previous experience and the clubs n his blood and the fact he lives on the Show-ground you would have thought it was a no brainer he would have been invited.

You could be on to something here. I have always suspected in fighting and various different camps and clicks within Panthers management.

Seemingly from which only Trevor Swales emerges unscathed.

Nothing stopping him popping along if he so wished?

Swales & Rathbone should be ahead of fans like me, & already approached Mick. As bigcatdiary has already mentioned, 2 other clubs have approached him, so why haven't Panthers ?

Still no mention of Swales putting any money in.

Has he got any money to put in though?

As you have said, the ideal man to help is Mick Bratley, but is he willing or able to help?

I can't believe we have got a 2 week deadline, why hasn't there been anything happening in trying to get sponsorship or commercial activities in since it was known Horton was leaving, why leave everything last minute. Effective marketing doesn't achieve results overnight, it's a ongoing process, it's no good hoping something will come up to save us in such a short space of time.

• Like 1

As you have said, the ideal man to help is Mick Bratley, but is he willing or able to help?

Always has been willing and able to help, and the mess we now find ourselves in, IMO, is partly because he hasn't been here for the duration of Rick & Julie's promotion. Don't think that these days he's going to be banging down doors to help or work under previous terms so the onus is very much on those who require the service! The first sentence is my own view and the second is my interpretation of a recent conversation with Bratters who had again drawn the short straw with Mrs Bratley regarding the Sunday supermarket trip :D

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Panthers fans are being asked to keep the club alive - Save Our Speedway

Peterborough Panthers supporters will be asked to dip into their pockets to keep the club on track at a fans forum meeting on Friday.

The future of the city outfit is again under threat after Mick Horton pulled out halfway through a two-year leasehold deal to operate the club at Premier League level.

Long-serving Panthers official Trevor Swales and Ged Rathbone, who joined the clubs management team during last season, have joined forces to put together a survival package.

But, as those present at a crucial fans forum at the East of England Showground Friday (31 October) will be told, it hinges on the financial backing of fans.

Swales said: I have always said that this club belongs to the fans with promoters and owners merely being custodians of it.

Now that is really going to have to be the case because the only way we can be at the tapes next March is if people are in a position to pledge financial support.

Im aware of a fair bit of positivity towards our ideas, but we need that to be backed up with firm promises of backing tomorrow night.

Im not going to go into the finer details of the finances now because that will happen tomorrow night, but it is fair to say it is a substantial sum of money will be required if we are to race on.

We learned during this year that the club cannot operate on admission money alone and we have to ensure we are in a position to make it viable.

Friday is one of the biggest days in its history and I truly hope it is a successful one.

We cannot let a club with such a proud history go to the wall without fighting for it.

Myself and Ged urge anyone who wants to see Panthers race on to get along to the Showground tomorrow night.

It is very disappointing that we even find ourselves in this position, but we cant change the past.

All we can do is work towards a bright future for the club and hopefully we can begin that process.

Panthers have raced in 45 consecutive seasons stretching back to the clubs inception in 1970 and Swales and Rathbone have spent the past weeks working on the assumption the club will survive.

They are exploring potential riding line-ups for 2015.

Swales added: We are planning ahead as if we are going to run next season.

We cannot afford to be in a position where we have a positive outcome and not have plans in place.

We want to be in a position to declare our intention to race in 2015 at the British Speedway Promoters Association annual meeting in November.

Panthers co-owner Julie Mahoney has confirmed that Swales and Rathbone are the only people to so far express an interest in keeping the club on track.

She fears the future prospects have not been helped by negative media comments from outgoing chief Horton regarding his financial predicament. Horton claims to have lost around £60,000 during his year at the helm.

Mahoney said: I dont think Mick has done the club any favours with his comments regarding losses.

I see no reason why the club cannot be a break-even operation in the Premier League.

There is no interest to report at this stage other than that of Trevor and Ged.

We await the outcome of their event on Friday with interest. Ive been in regular contact with Trevor and provided him with details of the finances that will be required.

Mahoney and fellow owner Rick Frost are not in a position to take hands-on control of the club due to business commitments.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-fans-are-being-asked-to-keep-the-club-alive-save-our-speedway-1-6386370

Edited by Noodles

Has he got any money to put in though?

I can't believe we have got a 2 week deadline, why hasn't there been anything happening in trying to get sponsorship or commercial activities in since it was known Horton was leaving, why leave everything last minute. Effective marketing doesn't achieve results overnight, it's a ongoing process, it's no good hoping something will come up to save us in such a short space of time.

Whether he has money to put in is personal and irrelevant. Swales commitment to Peterborough Speedway for many years surely has to be appreciated and respected. Its obvious he does it for the passion he has for his club. At least he is trying to keep things going - how can they go out to sponsors when they don't actually have anything to sell.

Panthers fans are being asked to keep the club alive - Save Our Speedway

Peterborough Panthers supporters will be asked to dip into their pockets to keep the club on track at a fans forum meeting on Friday.

The future of the city outfit is again under threat after Mick Horton pulled out halfway through a two-year leasehold deal to operate the club at Premier League level.

Long-serving Panthers official Trevor Swales and Ged Rathbone, who joined the clubs management team during last season, have joined forces to put together a survival package.

But, as those present at a crucial fans forum at the East of England Showground Friday (31 October) will be told, it hinges on the financial backing of fans.

Swales said: I have always said that this club belongs to the fans with promoters and owners merely being custodians of it.

Now that is really going to have to be the case because the only way we can be at the tapes next March is if people are in a position to pledge financial support.

Im aware of a fair bit of positivity towards our ideas, but we need that to be backed up with firm promises of backing tomorrow night.

Im not going to go into the finer details of the finances now because that will happen tomorrow night, but it is fair to say it is a substantial sum of money will be required if we are to race on.

We learned during this year that the club cannot operate on admission money alone and we have to ensure we are in a position to make it viable.

Friday is one of the biggest days in its history and I truly hope it is a successful one.

We cannot let a club with such a proud history go to the wall without fighting for it.

Myself and Ged urge anyone who wants to see Panthers race on to get along to the Showground tomorrow night.

It is very disappointing that we even find ourselves in this position, but we cant change the past.

All we can do is work towards a bright future for the club and hopefully we can begin that process.

Panthers have raced in 45 consecutive seasons stretching back to the clubs inception in 1970 and Swales and Rathbone have spent the past weeks working on the assumption the club will survive.

They are exploring potential riding line-ups for 2015.

Swales added: We are planning ahead as if we are going to run next season.

We cannot afford to be in a position where we have a positive outcome and not have plans in place.

We want to be in a position to declare our intention to race in 2015 at the British Speedway Promoters Association annual meeting in November.

Panthers co-owner Julie Mahoney has confirmed that Swales and Rathbone are the only people to so far express an interest in keeping the club on track.

She fears the future prospects have not been helped by negative media comments from outgoing chief Horton regarding his financial predicament. Horton claims to have lost around £60,000 during his year at the helm.

Mahoney said: I dont think Mick has done the club any favours with his comments regarding losses.

I see no reason why the club cannot be a break-even operation in the Premier League.

There is no interest to report at this stage other than that of Trevor and Ged.

We await the outcome of their event on Friday with interest. Ive been in regular contact with Trevor and provided him with details of the finances that will be required.

Mahoney and fellow owner Rick Frost are not in a position to take hands-on control of the club due to business commitments.http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-news/panthers-fans-are-being-asked-to-keep-the-club-alive-save-our-speedway-1-6386370

So Mahoney states Hortons reported losses have done the club no favours. A year after putting the club up for sale reporting losses of approx 500k during their tenor. Now who would buy into that? Oh yes........

If the fans are being asked to fund next season, then its reasonable to know if the men who are going to manage this money are putting any of their own money in.

If the fans are being asked to fund next season, then its reasonable to know if the men who are going to manage this money are putting any of their own money in.

Or, if they don't have the funds - the fact that they are trying to facilitate a survival plan and subsequently offer to manage / run the club is as essential and credible as any financial donation.

for a lot of supporters it's top flight racing or nothing. I know this from being a lifelong Wimbledon fan, when we dropped down in 1985 a lot of people stopped going, never to return.

In those days a NL heat leader would be a reserve in the BL. Now EL sides are using PL reserves.