British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

can anyone clarify who the promoters were when the Colin Horton promotion went bust in 2008?

Colin Horton didn't go bust in 2008, he sold the club to Rick Frost.

Would any1 be able to pm me trever swales phone number please?

He has made it public. He can be contacted on 07920 824092.

Can they not open the track up for open practice like Scunthorpe do to get some extra revenue from that?

Maybe hire it out to clubs like STR and Dragons?

Might not be much money in it, but is it a possibility to get a bit of extra income?

Cheers noodles.

Anther thing that has just crossed my mind is has Peterborough speedway ever considered leaflet dropping. It wouldnt cost much to get few thousand leaflets made up, doesn't need to be anything to fancy, just make people aware of a great race track and maybe add discount voucher.

I'm pretty sure there would be panthers fans willing to put them through doors in spare time.

Edited by Panther2006

Unfortunately since the departure of Mick Bratley they may have considered many things but have actually done very little.

Hodgy, pm me & I will discuss it in more detail tonight at the meeting.

Thanks PP but have a family milestone birthday which has been planned for yonks. Would really have liked to attend this meeting, unfortunately there are only 2 family members that still follow Speedway - changing the date was not an option.

Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers noodles.

Anther thing that has just crossed my mind is has Peterborough speedway ever considered leaflet dropping. It wouldnt cost much to get few thousand leaflets made up, doesn't need to be anything to fancy, just make people aware of a great race track and maybe add discount voucher.

I'm pretty sure there would be panthers fans willing to put them through doors in spare time.

Good idea and Horton,s main business is running a printing firm.

It's not hard to see why he has lost a lot of money this year is it.

Colin Horton didn't go bust in 2008, he sold the club to Rick Frost.

Though ASL his company did, also owed loads to riders etc i believe. Only decent bloke to run Pboro recently was Rick. Every dealing either Horton Brother had with it has ended in a nightmare.

Though ASL his company did, also owed loads to riders etc i believe. Only decent bloke to run Pboro recently was Rick. Every dealing either Horton Brother had with it has ended in a nightmare.

So why didn't Rick spot that then, because it has as expected? I assume that you mean decent as in good company because what's left of the club is in a mess from which it may never recover. Before the money ran out at least CH delivered 2006, what did Rick deliver with significantly greater resources? There were plenty of pieces to be fair but he never had the management team in place to put the jigsaw together.

Edited by Crump99

He may of given the fans 2006 but he was bailed out big time by Rick , Hans Andersen will confirm that thats for sure

Very positive imo, need to make 40k realistically to run, made 12k tonight and numerous sponsorships coming available soon at very good prices! Friday night racing if happened aswell with only 3-4 unavailable Friday night racing.

Showground been very helpful, and our new promotion are very open to new ideas and a press release will be released soon on the website so watch this space

But from a fans point of view, very positive, atleast 4-500 people there, jed is very to the point and a business man, which is a massive key!

• Like 5

He may of given the fans 2006 but he was bailed out big time by Rick , Hans Andersen will confirm that thats for sure

I said that the money ran out. I know full well what happened. He made bad choices despite advice so not a lot changed.