British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Many will see this as a betrayal of the worst possible magnitude. I have previously defended the Frosts but now greatly fear I have been wrong.

• Like 1

Omg..slight overeaction guys..probably from people who didn't even put any money in.

• Like 1

Would love an explanation from the management on this? But going by previous management's, more chance in seeing the Pope in my gaff.

Well I have donated, will buy a season ticket and have No problem at all about them sponsoring Poole.

Being a Monarchs supporter, I may not know all their history but it seems to me they have deffo done their bit to keep panthers alive.

Still too much bitterness around.

• Like 7

Rick isn't going to charge Swales to use the Showground track equipment or to the the dressing rooms.

That saves around £25,000 and saves Swales buying new equipment.

PANTHERS SEEK JANUARY SALES

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2354.2&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

PETERBOROUGH chief Ged Rathbone hopes demand for season tickets will remain high during the final weeks of sale.

They are available for purchase until the end of January and generously priced at £300 for adults, £200 for concessions and £75 for children aged 12 to 16.

A minimum of 18 home meetings meetings are guaranteed for season-ticket holders, but there could be considerably more if Panthers can progress in the League Cup and KO Cup competitions as well as making the Premier League play-offs.

The deal also includes free parking and a free programme at each qualifying meeting.

Rathbone, gearing up for his first season at the Panthers helm, said: We certainly havent put this team together to make the numbers up.

We are very hopeful of a successful year and that could mean the supporters get a lot more meetings for their money if buying a season ticket.

The response so far has been very pleasing and were hopeful of plenty more sales during this month.

Panthers are also offering a new VIP season ticket priced at £600 with a host of extra benefits including weekly use of a hospitality suite, visits to the centre green and the opportunity to meet and greet the clubs riders.

Season tickets can be purchased by completing the PDF form as instructed.

General admission prices for the 2015 season have been frozen at £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for children aged 12 to 16.

Edited by Noodles

I do feel quite gutted by this, after what went on.

Now i have thought about it, its just business, and Rick & Julie know they will do well when the Pirates win the championship

again for 2015................So its good for all parties.

• Like 3

I do feel quite gutted by this, after what went on.

Now i have thought about it, its just business, and Rick & Julie know they will do well when the Pirates win the championship

again for 2015................So its good for all parties.

I have thought about and the more I do the more I feel betrayed. Any chance however remote of Panthers returning to Elite League has now vanished..

• Like 2

I have thought about and the more I do the more I feel betrayed. Any chance however remote of Panthers returning to Elite League has now vanished..

the thing that gets me is the begging bowl was out just to keep the Panthers alive and Frost didn't even make the money up when the club went to the November conference and the Panther couldn't even state there intent to run this may make good sense for Readypower and Poole speedway to link up with what will be almost weekly TV coverage of the Pirates but that's not all together the point . As I say if I'd donated to Swales and Rathbone I'd feel total betralal by the clubs owners . Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

Seems like you didn't so you can't.

I Did and I don't.

• Like 2

Rick isn't going to charge Swales to use the Showground track equipment or to the the dressing rooms.

That saves around £25,000 and saves Swales buying new equipment.

Is there no bounds to his bountiful benevolence? Surely he must be veritable saint, Scores of people were I am sure itching to pay to use the dressing rooms and track equipment

Rick has lost over £750000 on the Panthers, I don't think we should criticise him.

£3/4m - what the bloody hell on? The losses wouldn't have been half as bad if he'd made more right decisions. It wasn't all bad to be fair and I'd take Rick & Julie back like a shot rather than what we have now. I love it down Poole so can see the attraction and am not really surprised as I never saw Rick as a backwater of the Premier League sort of guy but didn't think that he'd stoop this low after pulling out of Peterborough claiming financial issues although 3 weeks earlier had said that losses were not an issue.

When Peterborough was recently up in the air yet again, I said to my mate that I didn't think Rick would close Peterborough (I obviously had misplaced respect) but my mate said that Rick wouldn't give a stuff! Although we haven't yet shut I still gave the benefit of the doubt for better things again. That has been put to bed now. I guess I was wrong and the worthless bunch with big mouths and empty pockets were right after all?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

This is strictly a business decision by Readypower IMO. They are a company after all, and not a charity. Advertising/Sponsorship money has to be justified, and the high profile Pirates obviously fit the bill..

Omg..slight overeaction guys..probably from people who didn't even put any money in.

They may have not put money in this time but might have over many years through the gate. If one liked Frost and Mahoney's potential, if not particularly the product up until the latter half of 2013, and not the PL product of 2014 and the one needing the cash for 2015, then this is not an overreaction for some.

This is strictly a business decision by Readypower IMO. They are a company after all, and not a charity. Advertising/Sponsorship money has to be justified, and the high profile Pirates obviously fit the bill..

High profile in a low profile sport.

Would seem logical to try to get something for your money rather than sponsorship, especially when you already own a club and assets:

Frost added: “Without wishing to sound blasé, it is not big bucks to us. Financing the club has been part of our advertising and branding budget (peterboroughtoday.co.uk 28/10/13)

Edited by Crump99

High profile in a low profile sport.

Would seem logical to try to get something for your money rather than sponsorship, especially when you already own a club and assets:

Frost added: “Without wishing to sound blasé, it is not big bucks to us. Financing the club has been part of our advertising and branding budget (peterboroughtoday.co.uk 28/10/13)

Very true, he would get more exposure from backing Fish O'Mania. Maybe he just likes jumping on the winning ship because he can afford to buy the ticket. It does leave a bad taste in the mouth all things considered...