British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Interesting that Danny Phillips was announced as an asset and issued with team kevlars too. I assume he will cover for Simon when he is riding for Leicester?

how on earth did the Management finance a signing?

they needed the begging bowl just to be able to race in 2015 let alone start purchasing assets..

Edited by Flyin Panther
  • Like 1

how on earth did they Management finance a signing?

they needed the begging bowl just to be able to race in 2015 let alone start purchasing assets..

"Swales confirmed he is in daily contact with co-owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney" perhaps ;)

Couldn't make it yesterday, so can anyone who was there comment as to whether all the air bags are back?

Was there not a suggestion that some had been sent to Coventry so to speak?

from the ET...

Panthers team boss Carl Johnson reckons the bookmakers have made a huge mistake.

Bet Victor have released prices on the new Premier League speedway season and they are clearly not struck on the chances of a new-look Panthers team to lift the title.

The city club are 12-1 shots for glory which makes them joint sixth-favourites along with three other sides in a 13-team league.

But that billing has dismayed Johnson who reckons the Panthers line-up ticks all required boxes to end an honours drought stretching back to an Elite Shield success early in 2007.

Johnson said: “I find those odds staggering in all honesty. I am confident we have a team that is more than a match for any at this level.

“We boast two of the top five riders in the Premier League in Olly Allen and Ulrich Ostergaard and we have also made arguably the most exciting signing of the winter by bringing in young Robert Lambert.

“I’m struggling to think of a better pair of second-strings than Lewis Blackbird and Adam Roynon.

“Lewis was an absolute star for us until injury cut short his 2014 season and he was regularly beating main-body Elite League riders as well for Eastbourne.

“We boast two of the top five riders in the Premier League in Olly Allen and Ulrich Ostergaard and we have also made arguably the most exciting signing of the winter by bringing in young Robert Lambert.

Who's he kidding? Ostergaard is a decnet heatleader but top 5 in the PL? Cook, Stead, Barker, King, Allen. Then theres Bjerre, Lawson, Tungate, Kennett, Grajczonek, Masters, Morris, Fisher and a few others too! Ulrich probably makes top 25!

He was 14th in the final averages from last season, and only Max Fricke of those isn't riding in the premier league this year, so he is 13th not top 5!

from the ET...

Panthers team boss Carl Johnson reckons the bookmakers have made a huge mistake.

Bet Victor have released prices on the new Premier League speedway season and they are clearly not struck on the chances of a new-look Panthers team to lift the title.

The city club are 12-1 shots for glory which makes them joint sixth-favourites along with three other sides in a 13-team league.

But that billing has dismayed Johnson who reckons the Panthers line-up ticks all required boxes to end an honours drought stretching back to an Elite Shield success early in 2007.

Johnson said: “I find those odds staggering in all honesty. I am confident we have a team that is more than a match for any at this level.

“I’m struggling to think of a better pair of second-strings than Lewis Blackbird and Adam Roynon.

“Lewis was an absolute star for us until injury cut short his 2014 season and he was regularly beating main-body Elite League riders as well for Eastbourne.

CARL JOHNSON.. struggle no more. ricky wells and rusty harrison are far better than your 2. both riders are averaging 6.49 and 6.50. so there you have it..

if you take off those blinkers, you will find somerset,newcastle and glasgow have what i consider far better 2nd strings than p/borough..

no accusations here, just facts.

One of them certainly.

Should deffo be a tough nut round the Showground.

Who's he kidding? Ostergaard is a decnet heatleader but top 5 in the PL? Cook, Stead, Barker, King, Allen. Then theres Bjerre, Lawson, Tungate, Kennett, Grajczonek, Masters, Morris, Fisher and a few others too! Ulrich probably makes top 25!

Finished third in the 2014 PLRC a and 13th in the final PL GSA, on good equipment he is very good.

One of them certainly.

Should deffo be a tough nut round the Showground.

And more than likely at Somerset, Sheffield, Workington and generally the bigger tracks around the PL.

if Carl Johnson is so confident of his team. at 12.1 odds. shouldn't he be putting his house on them to win the league. before the odds tumble. put your money where your mouth is buddy.

• Like 1

I shall be placing a tenner on pboro tomorrow when on the pc at them odds