British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

How about a VIP club?

Pay a hundred quid or whatever and get a special area in the stand, a special parking area, a couple of centre green visits and anything else they want to throw in which wouldn't cost them anything or anything much.

Still pay normal entrance fee per match.

Edited by TheScotsman
  • Like 2

So its ok to risk our money, but not their own ? Take it you are happy to give them money on those terms Hodgy ?

Put as much money in as you want, without people prepared to take on the day to day running, on a predominantly voluntary basis I assume - you still have no club.

If you assume that Swales hasn't taken money out of Panthers, you are very naive Hodgy. By the way, you didn't answer my question reference giving them money on those terms. A lot of people give their time up for nothing to keep the club alive, & I appreciate them.

In those days a NL heat leader would be a reserve in the BL. Now EL sides are using PL reserves.

very true shads.

On one hand we are told that Panthers cannot survive on gate money alone, yet on the other it would seem that they are hoping for a whip round from the self same people who pay at the gate.

On that basis they might just as well charge £50 for admission.

• Like 2

Theres long been many rumbles of to many people getting into the speedway for free one person helps there families get in free so if there looking for fans to pledge money this is one thing that needs to stop , many fans from around the country say speedway is a £10 not a £15 sport now, a pound a race that lasts a minute if your lucky then you have the result declared at ht 12 on wet nights with no offer of partial refunds promoted by sky presenters, asking people to pay more money now would not be wise

If you assume that Swales hasn't taken money out of Panthers, you are very naive Hodgy. By the way, you didn't answer my question reference giving them money on those terms. A lot of people give their time up for nothing to keep the club alive, & I appreciate them.

Maybe I am naive, as you are more privileged to the facts, do tell.

You answered your own question for me. If someone is willing to give up their own time in order to facilitate the clubs survival and take on the day to day running that's a fair contribution to me.

The old rumour mill in full swing already; it's going well so far!

Who runs the website? Who runs Social Media? I would be happy to offer my services to update, maintain and keep current any of these, this will not save the club ultimately but depends how much help is needed. Ultimately for me and I think the majority of fans it is just not affordable at the moment to go every week night, as a result I certainly doubt the majority of fans have any financial aid to give to the club. What we all have is a passion for the sport and the club and I for one will be happy to offer anything I can to assist the club over the winter and running next year, but I cannot offer money.

Towards the end of this season we had a series of double headers - these were great value IMO - £20 entry for 2 meetings, constant action - BRILLIANT! If each week / other week we had a double header instead of individual meetings, I for one would make the effort to get to each and every event. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it gave me some sense of value for my £20. Im pretty sure I saw a larger crowd there for these meetings, could anyone confirm? I know for a FACT that there were a lot of new faces there seeing speedway for the first time because it was perceived as a good deal.

This must have a huge benefit too in terms of overheads - the track hire costs the same from the showground, the lights run for the same period of time, the medics must cost damn near the same? Its only about 30mins longer than a normal meeting.

Bring back the pink panther on the truck at the start of every meeting throwing sweets out for the kids - get the kids excited about coming to speedway each week to see their friends, get sweeties, and drag their parents with them! Thats what it was when I first started - I couldnt care about the speedway but my dad thoroughly did and I made sure he took me EACH WEEK!

At the minute there is nothing for the younger guys to do when they inevitably get a bit chilly, tired etc - why not have a bouncy castle round the back of the stands for the kids to go and play on all night for free while dads are watching speedway.

Get some cheap paddle bikes or something for the older kids and have a little area for them to race around pretending to be their favourite stars.

Make a mini track with some cones to make a "mini track" for all the kids that bring their BMX's and bikes to race around on out of the way and enjoy themselves.

I cant be certain about any of this, but if you've got a family that are not interested in going, your probably not going to bother as its not worth the aggro of having a night out when everyone else is at home, however if you have a lad or lass that wants a night out with mummy and or daddy because their friends are there - then your going to take that opportunity and go!

So thats the Little Un's and the Costs covered with some ideas.

In terms of the guys actually watching the racing, well to be fair I think the racing this year was miles better than anything I have seen in the EL for years. The first few meetings I saw this year had me on the edge of my seat, it was incredible and I physically dragged friends along with me as they "Had to see it!". It did go a bit flat at times but that's how racing goes some times. Double headers rock. End of.

So, if I can get there tonight then I will be there to see what happens and offer support where volunteers are needed, and hope that someone can come up with some money.

/brain fart.

• Like 1

Don't you just love the old rumour mill :wink:

Not particularly but when honest communication (to a point) is too difficult then that's the end result.

can anyone clarify who the promoters were when the Colin Horton promotion went bust in 2008?

can anyone clarify who the promoters were when the Colin Horton promotion went bust in 2008?

Have you seen a GP about your memory loss? That's rather worrying!