British Speedway Forum

Barker no matter where he goes will thrill the crowd , big hitter in my option who would do a job at any premier team .

Very good signing for you . For all his supposed off track problems i'd still pay to watch him .

Had a few problems with injury's when at the Witches tail end of season before last which was a shame as was exciting to watch .

I think Barker is a superb signing, no doubt about it, credit where credit is due, he is box office at Berwick and I look forward to watching him as much as possible.

When I first heard about Allen a few weeks ago I was sceptical, but the more research I've done on him and his impressive scores over the past few Aus meetings, theres a fair chance he might just be pretty decent. Assuming initially he will struggle and go to reserve, which is going to put the pressure on Edberg so hopefully he can step up.

For me Jorgensen is a massive gamble on that ave, I personally would have taken Vissing back, but I hope its a gamble that pays dividends. With Kus, Doolan and Edberg the next 3 , we have about 3 something left for the final reserve spot, its a shame we couldnt have signed Sargeant.

Whether we are brilliant or garbage this year, I am pleased we have Barker to watch, a joy to watch at Berwick when the track is right, I remember a few seasons back him being on Complins exhaust for 4 laps when nobody got near Complin if he was out front, will be interesting to see if there is an increase in shale on the track or not. Looking forward to seeing Barker being that big no1 and hopefully dealing with the vast majority of visiting no1's. Good start.

I would take Rob Branford as the other 3 pointer.

I also think Branford would be a good reserve,but think he will be much sought after by others looking for a 3 pointer.he has had connections with Berwick though.

I think if we are to have a team capable of making the play offs we need to sign a quality second heat leader to back Barker up in the big heats.

Vissing shoul be capable, as long as he doesn't try to fence his own riders this season. but thats caused by not paying the bonus oints for coming 2nd & 3rd. but it now looks unlikely

Edited by TOURETTES

Assuming, the next 3 are Doolan, Kus & Edberg, should leave 3.24 to spend on a reserve. Could be a little weak at the bottom end depends on how Allen does.

• Like 1

Vissing shoul be capable, as long as he doesn't try to fence his own riders this season. but thats caused by not paying the bonus oints for coming 2nd & 3rd. but it now looks unlikely

Or trying to win a race which is the name of the game i think!!!

• Like 1

Signing Barker is a real coup for Berwick as it gives us an out and out No1, if you go down that route in terms of team building you need two top reserves, something that Berwick wont have it appears for 2015.

Signing Barker is a real coup for Berwick as it gives us an out and out No1, if you go down that route in terms of team building you need two top reserves, something that Berwick wont have it appears for 2015.

So, are you happy, or not?

Perhaps a sardonic post?

So, are you happy, or not?

Perhaps a sardonic post?

I`m never anything else but happy, though I never had you down as a psychologist or worried about my state of well being, but cheers anyway.

• Like 1

Assuming, the next 3 are Doolan, Kus & Edberg, should leave 3.24 to spend on a reserve. Could be a little weak at the bottom end depends on how Allen does.

Think you could be right maybe we would be better forgeting about Kus and spreading it out a bit at the bottom end I cant see Kus improveing if i am totally honest, most of his average was attained from a long spell at reserve .

Think you could be right maybe we would be better forgeting about Kus and spreading it out a bit at the bottom end I cant see Kus improveing if i am totally honest, most of his average was attained from a long spell at reserve .

Same story for Jorgensson

• Like 1

I`m never anything else but happy, though I never had you down as a psychologist or worried about my state of well being, but cheers anyway.

You're welcome, pal.

:)

well done Berwick at last to tell the fans the first3 riderssigned but wot about the rest doolan kus Edberg and ???????

Looking forward to Barker v Cookie; Stead and all the other no 1 in the league

If vissing signs it will be interesting because barker and vissing really dont like each other to put it mildly