British Speedway Forum

Sorry if this has been covered before but if Kus Redcar and Berwick agreed a 2yr loan when he signed for Berwick last season and his average had plummeted to 3ish and Redcar insisted on the 2015 loan fee even if Berwick didn't want to use him wouldn't that be an even bigger bunfight

Surprised Barker not got EL team yet

Coventry ?

Coventry ?

His average does not fit

Any idea when the rest of team will be announced anyone ?

Probable hold up is the Australian average situation which seems to be holding Somerset up too

Sorry if this has been covered before but if Kus Redcar and Berwick agreed a 2yr loan when he signed for Berwick last season and his average had plummeted to 3ish and Redcar insisted on the 2015 loan fee even if Berwick didn't want to use him wouldn't that be an even bigger bunfight

Dont think there is a 2 year loan position only seasonal??

There's some cracking riders out there who still don't have clubs if the promotion have any sense they'll steer clear of Tero Aarnio, Stevie Worrall and the like and look and riders like Anders Mellgren, Pontus Aspregen and see where we go from there.

Edited by Hamster00

I agree with you, unfortunately a vast majority of "fans" want to see team winning and if you got hammered they would stop.

Anyhow - top marks for innovative thinking - (don't see it happening mind get ready to cheer Harrison, Pjiper, Hall & Dilger :t: )

We are going nowhere if we sign these riders, jpourneymen who are at the end of their journey, but still have to unpack their luggage.

We better get the dark deep stuff out again if we sign Richard Hall might as well sign Jason Bunyan while were at it.

Bl**dy hope not, it's taken 5 years for them to realise it should go.

1. do they not get 2 years? even so i would still take a chance with Jake, the other 7 could be an EU rider

2. A 3.00 youngster could be happy to get 12 meetings PL experience, as long as he knows the deal then not an issue

3. Agree there will be potential heavy defeats away, but should still have 6 close home meetings, 3 of them league cup so imo meaningless anyway.

The key would be getting the right rider(s) in after 12 meetings

Still with you Neil

Didnt he just ride his luck :D But my point was more, you can plan and plan and plan. And it can still go wrong (Poole 2009!) but you can also sign whatever the hell you can get your hands on and if it goes wrong sack it and sign whatever else you can get your hands on, eventually you'll strike it lucky - Thats was Peter Waites approach and it meant he was able to give a club with a small fan base some teams that punched above their weight. It meant Berwick were built into a stronger club with a great fan base and a new promotion were able to take over and take a more controlled approach.

Give me a 'CHANCER' any day, you never knew what he would do next, he kept you excited. Even when we got shafted, PW still believed there was a chance.

This is a genuine question, which meetings were truly promoted, and what was the resulting increase in numbers?

Aside from FIM and Sky meetings which are anomalous.

NONE, except the FIM & Sky meetings

There's some cracking riders out there who still don't have clubs if the promotion have any sense they'll steer clear of Tero Aarnio, Stevie Worrall and the like and look and riders like Anders Mellgren, Pontus Aspregen and see where we go from there.

Anders suffered a terrible back injury and looked a shadow of rider he was during his brief stint with the Rockets last year. Really nice guy though, hope he can get back to his best.

Pontus had a great season at Somerset and will do well to maintain his average

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Tero Aarnio Steve Worrall Theo Pijper and Rusty Harrison I would imagine will be in contention

I'm all for assessed riders but they need to be half decent

Krcmar the Swede would be a great start

He may eat swedes, but he would deck you if you called him SWEDISH :D

Anders suffered a terrible back injury and looked a shadow of rider he was during his brief stint with the Rockets last year. Really nice guy though, hope he can get back to his best.

Pontus had a great season at Somerset and will do well to maintain his average

I would quite happily take Anders as if he can get back to full fitness he is a class act on his day and yeah Pontus had a great season but I think he can keep that average up I would've taken him over Matej.

NONE, except the FIM & Sky meetings

I though on both occasions they used the Sky meetings well to bring in new fans. Certainly brought a few new people to the sport that I - at least - am aware of.

I think the general promotion is good, and that it will continue to improve.

I'm not saying it is perfect, but it is certainly not bad.

That's why I was bit surprised with Screm's post, there was no logic to it as they were two very specific events.

I though on both occasions they used the Sky meetings well to bring in new fans. Certainly brought a few new people to the sport that I - at least - am aware of.

That's why I was bit surprised with Screm's post, there was no logic to it as they were two very specific events.

I agree the general promotion is good but just a point I notice Edinburgh have already had one off season fans event '2014 Season Review' and they have another one 'Video Night' planned I can't remember the date but I always think its good to try and do something like this during the off season to keep fans involved one way or another and I'd like to see more of these

It's also another way of getting a few more quid in every little helps as they say

Also Edinburgh are doing an online survey to try and improve there race night experience which I think is an excellent idea

I have to take my hat off to the Edinburgh promotion they work wonders on the track and they seem to do an excellent job keeping fans involved and happy and I think this is something we should be aspiring to do ourselves.

Edited by Hamster00
  • Like 2

I agree the general promotion is good but just a point I notice Edinburgh have already had one off season fans event '2014 Season Review' and they have another one 'Video Night' planned I can't remember the date but I always think its good to try and do something like this during the off season to keep fans involved one way or another and I'd like to see more of these

It's also another way of getting a few more quid in every little helps as they say

Also Edinburgh are doing an online survey to try and improve there race night experience which I think is an excellent idea

I have to take my hat off to the Edinburgh promotion they work wonders on the track and they seem to do an excellent job keeping fans involved and happy and I think this is something we should be aspiring to do ourselves.

Can't argue with that, although not sure what their crowds are like. Always looks very low any time I have been.

The promotion do well when he comes to a high profile events, the weekly event, your bread & butter, find me a poster in a cafe, a pub, a restaurant even the Tourist information Centres, holiday camps etc. etc. etc. If the club can find a volunteer to distribute fine, but at the end of the day it is the promotions job, the clue is in the name. Berwick Rangers have a simple A4 monthly fixture poster, it's everywhere, a leaf out of their book perhaps.

The amount of customers I have that don't know about speedway in Berwick is astounding, so the word is certainly not out there, sadly. I am sure Screm, like all of us want speedway to continue in Berwick, his comments may come over sometimes as a bit heavy, but his heart is there, it is time to take all comments on board and not take offence from them.

Can't argue with that, although not sure what their crowds are like. Always looks very low any time I have been.

I went up about half a dozen times last year, maybe more and the crowd was roughly the same every time and it wasn't the biggest the only exception being the play off final.