British Speedway Forum

There was the odd little hint , yes

When I saw him at the Golden Helmet, my words were 'Sh*te thats not the same Wolbert that Glasgow has had'.

When I saw him at the Golden Helmet, my words were 'Sh*te thats not the same Wolbert that Glasgow has had'.

He could score double figures one meeting and zero the next . You just never knew what you were going to get

well Berwick is it no time to tell the supporters the team as time is running out

Please don't tell me the rules change year on year.

Year on year? Some of them change week on week and a few even change county to county! :P

• Like 1

I don't really care whether we sign Jake or not ,my point is with rolling averages how do you win any matches if you are trying to strengthen your team even if your 3 pt man scores at all it does not help .We would have to take some heavy defeats + Jake could not afford to score many points or it would be a waste of time.If Jake does not achieve his 7 point average in 2 seasons will he get another visa.? As I have previously stated I think European options are better bet .

Signing a 3pt rider just to make the numbers up is pointless, and weaken the team still further, we`ve gone down the route of carrying riders and it doesn't work. With Allen in the team we need at least one reserve that is capable of scoring decent points home and away, its difficult to see a 3pt rider or an Alex Edberg doing that.

Signing Allen is a good idea if we have the strong reserve to back it up as once the averages change it might see Allen drop to reserve where he should find points easier to come by, and the stronger of the two reserves moving up into the top five as Jensen and then Kus did last year.

Signing a 3pt rider just to make the numbers up is pointless, and weaken the team still further, we`ve gone down the route of carrying riders and it doesn't work. With Allen in the team we need at least one reserve that is capable of scoring decent points home and away, its difficult to see a 3pt rider or an Alex Edberg doing that.

Signing Allen is a good idea if we have the strong reserve to back it up as once the averages change it might see Allen drop to reserve where he should find points easier to come by, and the stronger of the two reserves moving up into the top five as Jensen and then Kus did last year.

Ipswich is the way to assemble a team, well done the ippos

Ipswich is the way to assemble a team, well done the ippos

Ipswich do look good, in Covatti they have a reserve that should score well in the PL. For Berwick there is still enough riders out there to get a decent team for 2015, here`s hoping. :blink:

• Like 1

Can we assume no Jake Allen now that Vissing, Doolan and Edberg have been retained? As it stands tho 6 come to over 40 points so doesnt leave enough points for the last man.

8.66 left when Allen is dropped, new 5pt asset from europe and a 3 pointer. Shame Anders Thomsen is 5.68 because I think he would have been a good signing.

Ipswich do look good, in Covatti they have a reserve that should score well in the PL. For Berwick there is still enough riders out there to get a decent team for 2015, here`s hoping. :blink:

Covatti didn't even look good enough for a reserve berth at Sheffield at the end of the season never mind the number 5 race jacket. He had 1 good meeting all the time he was at owlerton

Pear shape? :)

8.66 left when Allen is dropped, new 5pt asset from europe and a 3 pointer. Shame Anders Thomsen is 5.68 because I think he would have been a good signing.

Might just fit if one of the young brits youve signed gets a reduction :)

Lanham and mills fit, Weathers and that Argie who went to Sheffield??

Edited by Arson fire