British Speedway Forum

So no matter what username your posting with nowadays I think its fair to say this post, and others you made have been proved to be nothing other than attention seeking hog wash.

Christ!

You better hope nobody trawls up some of your recent posts, they make Col look like a saint!

if the 5 pointer can hold his average and jorgenson can hold his, we should make the play offs theoretically

Did I miss something, or are there 2 man teams this season?

Speedway Expert Scott

I would suggest

Barker, Visser, Doolan Crang and Edberg will hold there averages (minimum)

I think that's fair

Christ!

You better hope nobody trawls up some of your recent posts, they make Col look like a saint!

Did I miss something, or are there 2 man teams this season?

A bit better than your 1man team though.!!!

GLagutaWorldChampion2015, on 29 Jan 2015 - 6:29 PM, said:

hopefully we can bring Jason bunyan in the team

You obviously have a man crush on Bunyan, because he is long past his best.

His last decent season was 2009, when he finished with an 8.25 average with Stoke.

Only did 5 meetings for the Potters in 2010, Out for the rest of the season injured.

2011 Plymouth, 4.74. Only 11 meetings there and out the rest of the season injured.

2012/13/14 at Rye and 5.14, 5.80 and 4.66.

Explain how he is on a bargain average. One decent meeting last year guesting for Glasgow in there win at Derwent Park.

Any thoughts on the last rider, 5.66 available, possible options

Tero 5.54

Andre Compton 5.59

new 5.00

and er, Jason Bunyan

Tero is going to be 31 in April, is no longer a club asset and (sadly) unlikely to improve a rolling average.

Andre is going to be 38 in May, and would be coming back from an awful whack. A great rider with a fine career, but by now - not least after the injury - an unlikely loan, I'd have thought.

Bunyan will be 36 in March, he's on the downslope of an fairly unremarkable career and (according to Rye Housers) is trouble.

Looks like a newbie, then -- any informed guesses?

Tero is going to be 31 in April, is no longer a club asset and (sadly) unlikely to improve a rolling average.Andre is going to be 38 in May, and would be coming back from an awful whack. A great rider with a fine career, but by now - not least after the injury - an unlikely loan, I'd have thought.Bunyan will be 36 in March, he's on the downslope of an fairly unremarkable career and (according to Rye Housers) is trouble.Looks like a newbie, then -- any informed guesses?

Matic Voldrih, according to George Hepburn

Matic Voldrih, according to George Hepburn

Thats the team complete then :lol:

From Banditmail:

MEET MATIC!

Following ongoing concerns over the situation of a work permit visa for Australian teenager Jake Allen, your Bandits this morning changed their plans and finalised our 2015 line-up with the acquisition of 26-year-old Slovenian international Matic Voldrih.

Matic has not ridden in the British leagues before and comes to Shielfield Park on the recommendation of his fellow countryman, Grand Prix star Matej Zagar.

Zagar has been acting on Voldrih’s behalf in the dealings with Bandits' co-promoter Dennis McCleary, who says "We have had good reports about him from Matej who is very keen to get his fellow-countryman into UK racing and over the past 10 days or so, more or less since the Australian visa thing erupted, discussions have been going back and forth”

“Matic will be based in Tweedmouth all season. His bikes and equipment will come over -- it is quite a long trip -- by road before the middle of March"

"We appreciate British speedway, and indeed the whole UK set up, will be new to him -- he currently speaks very little English -- but he certainly should adapt to our big circuit. Fans like to see new faces, and of course he will join the club's list of rider-assets after completing a set number of matches"

Matic Voldrih comes from the picturesque ski-resort of Kranjska Gora, a town on the Sava Dolinka River in the Upper Carniola region of northwestern Slovenia, close to the Austrian and Italian borders.

He has already raced in the FIM GP Challenge qualifiers, European Championship rounds, Italian Championships as well as in his own country and in open events in Slovakia, Latvia, Germany, Hungary and the Czech Republic.

George Hepburn welcomed the signing, saying Matic would quickly learn of the warmth and good feeling of the Berwick public.

"It is such a shame that for the third time in four years, we've 'lost' a rider from our declared 1-7 before the season has even begun" he said today. "But Matic Voldrih will be an able replacement for Jake Allen, and I'm sure the fans who stand on the third bend will already be at work, creating a big Slovenian flag!"

The signing, which of course remains subject to BSPA ratification, leaves the new-look Berwick septet (in no particular order) as: Ben Barker and Luke Crang (England), Thomas Jorgensen and Claus Vissing (Denmark), Kevin Doolan (Australia), Matic Voldih (Slovenia) and Alex Edberg (Sweden).

Looks like we'll have a battle for the wooden spoon this year

• Like 1

i think that will be ours for the taking (the wooden spoon)

Edited by jenga