British Speedway Forum

Him paying his admission every week is a good start isn't it?

• Like 1

How much are you, Tourettes?

You know, I have only ever backed riders, doing that should take the pressure off the club. I have not, and never will back another business directly, I will gamble on an investment to make money, never, never on a money pit. It's a straight forward business decision, I run a business to support myself, not to prop up someone elses business. My duty as a fan is to attend every meeting, no more.

Him paying his admission every week is a good start isn't it?

Well said my little beauty, hows LITTLE LEN.

• Like 1

Quite agree that paying in every week, perhaps buying 50-50 tickets too, is all good.

But if one is going to poke mr dyson, asking what he's chipping in, then one has to expect to be asked the same thing.

Quite agree that paying in every week, perhaps buying 50-50 tickets too, is all good.

But if one is going to poke mr dyson, asking what he's chipping in, then one has to expect to be asked the same thing.

Like yourself, Colin often tells others to contribute without doing it himself. In that area, I have no guilt whatsoever.

As you have so much involvement, here's a suggestion, go out and get sponsorship for every rider to the value of their point money, that should take the pressure off the club of between £4k & £5k per meeting, eliminating the cost of the wages bill for the club of their own riders, leaving them with only the cost of the visitors about £25 per point.

Well said my little beauty, hows LITTLE LEN.

More handsome than ever :wink: with parents like his though, what else would you expect? :lol:

• Like 1

How much are you, Tourettes?

as much as you

think Ihave give them loads of money since 1968 going most weeks and paying every week at the gate

I'm going to come to the aid of Taffy here.
He does more than a lot to financially support speedway in Berwick (I include myself).

Great to see he is supporting 2 local youngsters this season.

To question his support is a bit insulting really.

• Like 5

Yes, you have. "Full and personal control" means sitting astride the bike.

Sorry but I've just checked with the SCB and you can stand at the side of a bike and prep the gate, rule has been amended before publication.

although there seems be a little bit of "turbulence " between the various Supporters Groups I don't think It will have any effect on attendance figures because they are all fans and just want to see Speedway at Berwick,People asking how much other people are chipping in need to take a good look at themselves IMO .its just a case of the Promotions generating more income with their ideas.Its their money in the business after all.

• Like 2

will all 7 riders signedbe lining upcome march

I'd been told of a rumour going around but I would be shocked if that was anything other than garbage!

• Like 1

I'd been told of a rumour going around but I would be shocked if that was anything other than garbage!

Agree, that rumour is barking up the wrong tree.

• Like 1