British Speedway Forum

I see from Facebook Ben has said he is back on his feet,which is great news, but he also says he has to wear a brace for the next 12/14 weeks. That means he's out for the season I think with this news a new rider will need to be signed. Who's out there that could do a job for us

• Like 1

Going by new averages which come out July 1st with Ben's average and what little we have to play with comes to 7.99 going to be difficult to get someone.

Its that time of year locally where you have the local galas in berwick and border areas . Why not get riders and bikes to attend some of these. Most are on sundays so surely some riders will be available from main team. A couple of bikes . A dvd player and tv. Start up a bike on stand. Speak to people and if never been speedway before give them some incentive to go.

Like a draw for something using admission ticket. Voucher for first timers to get money off. Just throwing out some ideas

Your ideas sound good. Have you sent them to the club by e-mail, as they encourage people to do in the programme, and regularly in the Newsletter?

Going by new averages which come out July 1st with Ben's average and what little we have to play with comes to 7.99 going to be difficult to get someone.

Seb Alden

• Like 1

Thought Seb had retired? Is he still riding? Really good round Shielfield in his day.

Pulled out of speedway for personal reasons, his head was all over the place. I believe he has 2 bikes ready but needs carb. It's the way I would go.

• Like 2

Pulled out of speedway for personal reasons, his head was all over the place. I believe he has 2 bikes ready but needs carb. It's the way I would go.

how much is a carb? have you spoken to him? do you think he would come? have the club got the funds to bring him across?

Just a few questions for you lol

how much is a carb? have you spoken to him? do you think he would come? have the club got the funds to bring him across?

Just a few questions for you lol

New carb from blix about £600.

I keep in contact, as I do with alot of x riders.

Yes, I think he would come back.

The last question, havn't got a clue.

In the Speedway Star today that Richie Hawkins has been released by Ipswich. Not suggesting him as a replacement for Ben Barker, but he's an ex-Berwick rider and was impressive when Ipswich were up here in the Cup. A decent rider to have lower down the team?

• Like 1

In the Speedway Star today that Richie Hawkins has been released by Ipswich. Not suggesting him as a replacement for Ben Barker, but he's an ex-Berwick rider and was impressive when Ipswich were up here in the Cup. A decent rider to have lower down the team?

Only rider that would be worth replacing due to RH's average (which if i remember correctly has dropped below 4.00 from next week) would be Edberg, so I don't think that will happen.

Speaking to seb on fb he was keen on riding PL in 2016 however with our injury problems at the moment whose to say he. won't have a change of heart and appear for us this season.

Given the lack of available proven 7-8 point riders out there would now be the time to take a chance on a new 7.00? would probably weaken us slightly but a chance of a new asset and someone a bit different to watch every week.

Jake Allen

Given the lack of available proven 7-8 point riders out there would now be the time to take a chance on a new 7.00? would probably weaken us slightly but a chance of a new asset and someone a bit different to watch every week.

Agree with this, though we already have a new rider in Garcia, having another one may be to much of a gamble but like you say if there`s no reliable or available riders out there maybe a gamble that pays off could fire the team into play off contention.