British Speedway Forum

Replacing Ben Barker's points with an equal scorer is probably impossible. I believe Matej Kus scored more points at Berwick than any other rider last season, so why shouldn't he be as good a guest as you're going to find?

Who else would be better, at Berwick, on Saturday?

His average around Berwick is 9.00 (including some absolutely crap meetings while he was low on confidence with Redcar). The only riders with higher averages are riders like Ricky, Complin, Allen, McGowan, Stead, Niemenin, Lawson and Doyle who for one reason or another can’t be used.

Grajczonek and Fisher are racing at Plymouth, King is at Leicester and with Edinburgh visiting next week it is understandable that you would want to offer either Cook or Masters as little track time as possible.

And even if they had have been available I wouldn’t have been that bothered for a Newcastle or Workington rider, decent sides, but neither have top end strength

The EL riders who would fit would all be gambles given the lack of track time around Berwick. The only logical alternative I can see is Bjerre who quite possibly has commitments on the continent?

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

you never said if you were supporters club or vip club mrs crescent?:)

You mean you haven't worked out who it is yet?

I believe Matej Kus scored more points at Berwick than any other rider last season

Half of them from reserve Edited by Shads

Including extra rides against higher order riders

And at the easier number 7 position, so no programmed rides against the opposing number 1 Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

His average around Berwick is 9.00 (including some absolutely crap meetings while he was low on confidence with Redcar). The only riders with higher averages are riders like Ricky, Complin, Allen, McGowan, Stead, Niemenin, Lawson and Doyle who for one reason or another can’t be used.

Grajczonek and Fisher are racing at Plymouth, King is at Leicester and with Edinburgh visiting next week it is understandable that you would want to offer either Cook or Masters as little track time as possible.

And even if they had have been available I wouldn’t have been that bothered for a Newcastle or Workington rider, decent sides, but neither have top end strength

The EL riders who would fit would all be gambles given the lack of track time around Berwick. The only logical alternative I can see is Bjerre who quite possibly has commitments on the continent?

At last a knowledgeable post on here, rather than poorly formed opinion!

Some people have the knives at the ready, hoping for a defeat on Saturday.

One thing is for sure, we are certainly looking a lot stronger than the woeful Diamonds that visited us on Saturday.

I'm not sure some of our closet Diamonds fans would have enjoyed that!

• Like 2

Havn't you worked it out 'who THEY are' surely :wink::wink:

Edited by TOURETTES

Who cares. :D

So, Sparkafag puts up a really good post, but it is clearly above the usual suspects' level of intellect.

Quite interesting stats, Sparky. Although people are saying Kus got a lot of his points from reserve, he actually regularly beat some of the top number 1 riders from the league.

I was unsure of him at the start of last season, but I am of no doubt now that he is a classy rider.
Looking forward to having him as guest on Saturday, and it makes complete sense to me at least...

I'm not surprised Redcar put a high price on him.

• Like 1

Jan Graveson generally beats top riders from reserve, utter garbage in the main side..

Kus isn't a replacement for Barker (well Barker a few years back)

He is probably the best of what was on offer

So, Sparkafag puts up a really good post, but it is clearly above the usual suspects' level of intellect.

Quite interesting stats, Sparky. Although people are saying Kus got a lot of his points from reserve, he actually regularly beat some of the top number 1 riders from the league.

I was unsure of him at the start of last season, but I am of no doubt now that he is a classy rider.

Looking forward to having him as guest on Saturday, and it makes complete sense to me at least...

I'm not surprised Redcar put a high price on him.

Ed, ya patter is minging lad :)
  • Like 2

E-Newsletter has a couple of interesting items tonight:

POSTERS: As was announced on Saturday, a supply of bold, bright posters advertising Berwick Speedway are available -- free, of course -- from our Track Shop on race-nights.

These, as can be seen, advertise all our matches in April. New posters will be released at the end of the month.

We would be delighted if you could take one or more of these posters-- there are small A4 ones and larger A3 jobs -- away with you this Saturday, and put them up somewhere the public can see them and learn about our Saturday-night fun'n'games!

In schools, on factory notice-boards, shop-windows, house windows -- anywhere and everywhere, spreading the good word about YOUR Dixon Building Bandits.

REF'S REPORT: Did you know that after every meeting, the referee in charge of proceedings is required to file a report to the Speedway Control Bureau, detailing the night's events and marking the condition of the track on a sliding scale?

Having just received a copy of Graham Flint's report of last Saturday's match, we thought we might share the first night's ratings.

Track Preparation: Excellent. Track Surface: Excellent. Foam barrier (bends): Excellent. Regular safety-fence (straights): Excellent.

Such overall praise is rare, and when we saw a report such as this, we just had to share it with you. Full marks and congratulations to George Hepburn and his talented track-team!

REF'S REPORT: Did you know that after every meeting, the referee in charge of proceedings is required to file a report to the Speedway Control Bureau, detailing the night's events and marking the condition of the track on a sliding scale?

Having just received a copy of Graham Flint's report of last Saturday's match, we thought we might share the first night's ratings.

Track Preparation: Excellent. Track Surface: Excellent. Foam barrier (bends): Excellent. Regular safety-fence (straights): Excellent.

Such overall praise is rare, and when we saw a report such as this, we just had to share it with you. Full marks and congratulations to George Hepburn and his talented track-team!q

Are you gonna post the refs report every week, or only when it's favourable? Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Ed, ya patter is minging lad :)

Come on Arson, you didn't need to bring them into it, did you?

E-Newsletter has a couple of interesting items tonight:

POSTERS: As was announced on Saturday, a supply of bold, bright posters advertising Berwick Speedway are available -- free, of course -- from our Track Shop on race-nights.

These, as can be seen, advertise all our matches in April. New posters will be released at the end of the month.

We would be delighted if you could take one or more of these posters-- there are small A4 ones and larger A3 jobs -- away with you this Saturday, and put them up somewhere the public can see them and learn about our Saturday-night fun'n'games!

In schools, on factory notice-boards, shop-windows, house windows -- anywhere and everywhere, spreading the good word about YOUR Dixon Building Bandits.

Such overall praise is rare, and when we saw a report such as this, we just had to share it with you. Full marks and congratulations to George Hepburn and his talented track-team!

Good post, please keep them coming!