British Speedway Forum

Assuming that Claus gives the usual patient response to a Consultants assessment about a knee injury and by what I read in the speedway star as Claus's interpretation of that feed back I would suggest that Claus should go and get his knee fixed now before he ends up with more than he bargains for, he's a young lad making a living in motor sport, be sensible get it sorted now and come back stronger next year.

• Like 3

All very quiet on the bandit front........or is it too quiet??

All very quiet on the bandit front........or is it too quiet??

🎣 Edited by Fromafar

I certainly will think twice about coming, if after no speedway for 3 weeks, the team runs on rider replacement. I want to see 7 riders if I am going to pay £15.

I certainly will think twice about coming, if after no speedway for 3 weeks, the team runs on rider replacement. I want to see 7 riders if I am going to pay £15.

The vast majority of fans would agree with, much will depend on Vissing`s long term diagnoses in the next few of weeks, if he comes back into the team then they need only replace Stichaur, if he`s out for the rest of the season then Berwick will need to find two riders, good thing is there is enough points to play with to make a positive difference, if the promotion should choose to go that way.

Unfortunately a lot of fans feel the same. The arguament given is it will give the riders we have extra point money and will help them financially. It does not normally affect your 1, 3 & 5 riders very much as they are scoring higher point money anyway, it would be more beneficial for your No. 2,4,6 & 7, so it would have more benefit to them to have the extra rides. In truth it benefits the club financially on paper, but has the potential disadvantage of losing gate receipts, which is a much bigger disadvantage. So for me, if riders are available replace them now, before any major damage is caused.

Hold up a minute, two weeks ago fans were saying as were the rumours we wouldn't be running next season...

So within 2 weeks and beating 2 rotten sides at home we now should find top quality replacements who will all have there own commitments already...

When have we brought someone in of Vissing's ilk with no other commitments?

And if the promotion are fed up, as what was being posted on here, are they going to dig out find a replacement?

For 400 fans to turn up against the Devils

Hold up a minute, two weeks ago fans were saying as were the rumours we wouldn't be running next season...

So within 2 weeks and beating 2 rotten sides at home we now should find top quality replacements who will all have there own commitments already...

When have we brought someone in of Vissing's ilk with no other commitments?

And if the promotion are fed up, as what was being posted on here, are they going to dig out find a replacement?

For 400 fans to turn up against the Devils

Vissing was heavily committed on The Continent, so a replacement would have no more or less commitment. The option for the club, if it is true it is for sale (rumours have it), it is to maintain a going concern, to maintain it's sale value. It is not ideal to lose Vissing, but surely the viability of the club should come first.

Vissing was heavily committed on The Continent, so a replacement would have no more or less commitment. The option for the club, if it is true it is for sale (rumours have it), it is to maintain a going concern, to maintain it's sale value. It is not ideal to lose Vissing, but surely the viability of the club should come first.

can you really see anyone taking it on next season? British speedway is dying will be a lot less clubs around next season Edited by Goodiepatchie

can you really see anyone taking it on next season? British speedway is dying will be a lot less clubs around next season

I really hope you are wrong, fingers crossed hey!.

I really hope you are wrong, fingers crossed hey!.

well to be fair he has no real evidence that there will be a lot fewer teams next season - little bit of tabloid style scaremongering - there's always 2 or 3 scares though. Berwick will be open of that i have no doubt.

The great British weather has ruined British speedway #fact

• Like 1

The great British weather has ruined British speedway #fact

Strange statement, as far as I am aware, British weather has existed for a very long time now. A fact for you, British climate ahas chsanged very little in 120yrs, it has become slightly warmer in the winter, but speedway is not on then. I was taught something as a youth, never run an out door event in June,