British Speedway Forum

In an ideal world Berwick would find Berrington Lough Mark II, then they could design their own track (Somerset replica please), wouldn't be faced with any curfews and could pretty much design the stadium to suit their own needs. unfortunately, there is nowhere suitable in the town (certainly none that I can think of) and any chance of getting planning application would be somewhere between no chance and never. As has been said before, any venue out in the country would struggle to attract supporters. Apart from anything else, it would also costs an arm and leg to set up, unless you could somehow sell the naming rights or something like that.

Damn decent of Berwick to take a summer break in their season so riders and fans alike can enjoy the SWC.

Listening to old fans again that were involved, it seemed to struggle at times in the way that it was managed. Someone told the story I think was Richard Knight had not been paid so went to the office and took it all in change in a carrier bag, might be the wrong rider though. It did however seem to be a more fan based then than now.

Richard Knight rode under the Lindon promotion Kelvin Tatum once described Lindon as the best con man he's ever met

Bit unfair to tar the other promotions (Taylor's Fairbairn ) with the same brush The fairbairns assisted by The late Ian Graham ran a very tight ship and earned respect from riders and supporters alike

The only promotion in the berrington era that probably ran dodgy was the Lindon one promised a lot delivered a lot too but at a huge cost that cost being in 1993 we only ran two open meetings and never returned to division two racing for another five years

• Like 3

Richard Knight rode under the Lindon promotion Kelvin Tatum once described Lindon as the best con man he's ever met

Bit unfair to tar the other promotions (Taylor's Fairbairn ) with the same brush The fairbairns assisted by The late Ian Graham ran a very tight ship and earned respect from riders and supporters alike

The only promotion in the berrington era that probably ran dodgy was the Lindon one promised a lot delivered a lot too but at a huge cost that cost being in 1993 we only ran two open meetings and never returned to division two racing for another five years

Under Fairbairn Berwick had riders queuing up to ride for them, and you make an excellent point about the late Ian Graham, IMO its fair to say had it not been for Mr Graham Berwick Speedway mightve been in a very different place today.

• Like 1

Under Fairbairn Berwick had riders queuing up to ride for them, and you make an excellent point about the late Ian Graham, IMO its fair to say had it not been for Mr Graham Berwick Speedway mightve been in a very different place today.

didnt know Ian personally but when he died it ripped the heart out of berwick speedway ultimately finished the Fairbairn promotion

didnt know Ian personally but when he died it ripped the heart out of berwick speedway ultimately finished the Fairbairn promotion

The assistance from, and affect on, Berwick Speedway during that era from Ian Graham should never be forgotten nor underestimated.

• Like 4

Wasn't into speedway in those days, but when you talk to old fans they are very sentimental about it. For me it was far too small a track and would probably not suit modern machinery. Listening to old fans again that were involved, it seemed to struggle at times in the way that it was managed. Someone told the story I think was Richard Knight had not been paid so went to the office and took it all in change in a carrier bag, might be the wrong rider though. It did however seem to be a more fan based then than now.

You don't know what you are talking about, for once don't try and be an authoritative opinion, shut up and take a step back and leave it to people who know the subject matter

You've been hocked and shown up as the absolute gob rubbishe you are, it's glorious

Edited by sparkafag

You don't know what you are talking about, for once don't try and be an authoritative opinion, shut up and take a step back and leave it to people who know the subject matter

You've been hocked and shown up as the absolute gob rubbishe you are, it's glorious

Thank you, my work is done on the matter.

I was surprised how he wrote with authoritative opinion, yet know flip all about the time.

Total gob excrement :)

• Like 1

In an ideal world Berwick would find Berrington Lough Mark II, then they could design their own track (Somerset replica please), wouldn't be faced with any curfews and could pretty much design the stadium to suit their own needs. unfortunately, there is nowhere suitable in the town (certainly none that I can think of) and any chance of getting planning application would be somewhere between no chance and never. As has been said before, any venue out in the country would struggle to attract supporters. Apart from anything else, it would also costs an arm and leg to set up, unless you could somehow sell the naming rights or something like that.

Dream on

Do not see anyone tarring Taylor's or Fairbairn with the same brush as Lindon,I do agree that the loss of Ian Graham was massive blow at the time to Berwick Speedway and was probably the main reason that Davy Fairbairn decided to get out of the sport.Ian devoted a lot of time to his beloved Bandits and look after a lot of other riders business, and was a true gentleman.He will never be forgotten by Bandit supporters who knew him.
  • Like 3

Thank you, my work is done on the matter.

I was surprised how he wrote with authoritative opinion, yet know flip all about the time.

Total gob excrement :)

Spouting pish for the sake of spouting pish...

Were you ever at Berington? No..

So shut up then

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

Spouting pish for the sake of spouting pish...

Were you ever at Berington? No..

So shut up then

do you mean Scott or taffy ? Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 1

do you mean Scott or taffy ?

Scott has a knowledge of Berwick that pisses all over clowns on here who try to claim otherwise

Taffy wouldn't find Berrington on a SatNav why he is even attempting to comment on it or the track is odd, it's short man syndrome (nothing wrong with being short it is a syndrome though) if he was never their a simple it's before my time is more than suffice, there's nothing wrong with never attending a track and just saying...I was never there so I have Nae clue...

I find rewriting history for the sake of his (taffys) narrative, slightly pathetic

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

It's only my opinion, it was a track that doled out 60---30 home wins. Some fans like different types of tracks, I think it would make a great training track.

not always there were some close meetings at berrington too

Here's my take on Berrington.I was told that it was modelled on Mildenhall for size and shape.Considering the amount of land they had I feel if the straights had been 10-15 Mtrs longer it would have been perfect.there was some great meetings at Berrington and when we went 1st Division the racing move up a notch with the Top Men showing how it is done.Pity Terry Lindon was just a con man.I witnessed the facts that Taffy alluded to with Scott Lamb and Knight being payed there wages in petty cash in a bag!!! Of coins.It was a pity that it was so far of the beaten track as I'm sure it would have attracted more support if it was easier to reach with public transport.It was a good little set up though a really neat and tidy considering where it was.Wonder how much my share are worth now!!!!!!!!!.Away to get a financial Times.!

Ps

The training track was very seldom used IMO ,it was just a small circle scraped out at the back of the 1st /2nd bend.

were there not practices on it most Sunday mornings certainly david meldrum and David McAllan learned their craft on it

Scott has a knowledge of Berwick that pisses all over clowns on here who try to claim otherwise

Taffy wouldn't find Berrington on a SatNav why he is even attempting to comment on it or the track is odd, it's short man syndrome (nothing wrong with being short it is a syndrome though) if he was never their a simple it's before my time is more than suffice, there's nothing wrong with never attending a track and just saying...I was never there so I have Nae clue...

I find rewriting history for the sake of his (taffys) narrative, slightly pathetic

i thought you ment taffy was just checking Edited by Goodiepatchie

Dream on

I know, that's why i said in an ideal world. Wouldn't happen unless we can find our version of the Facennas.