British Speedway Forum
Arson fire

Newcastle 2015

AN HOUR,,, thought you only got 30 mins ;-)

Going to work through my lunchbreak tomorrow to make up for it.

Welcome back Christian and Good Luck to Ludde as he begins his new role of captain. No doubt he'll be the "Lightning Skippa" for 2015!

Sorry I am SO late with the update from the Supporters Club do at the Corner House. I can confirm that Christian Henry is the final one in the septet, and also that Ludde has accepted the captaincy of our very young 2015 side. I wish him well with his new challenge, but now await the negativity of that decision. Usual suspects may join in.

I'd better go and check out the artillery situation then, lol

Going to work through my lunchbreak tomorrow to make up for it.

Welcome back Christian and Good Luck to Ludde as he begins his new role of captain. No doubt he'll be the "Lightning Skippa" for 2015!

not that old chestnut,,, no wonder thing's don't always get done on time, a dunno :unsure:

• Like 1

Sorry I am SO late with the update from the Supporters Club do at the Corner House. I can confirm that Christian Henry is the final one in the septet, and also that Ludde has accepted the captaincy of our very young 2015 side. I wish him well with his new challenge, but now await the negativity of that decision. Usual suspects may join in.

As one of those "usual suspects" I sincerely wish Ludwig Lindgren well as a Captain and as a Rider. I will not be negative unless he gives me reason to be. Only time will tell if this is a good decision or not. Hopefully the Captaincy will be good for him - I certainly hope so.

• Like 3

After being to the race night last night, I think George's comments about the team building to a tight budget should be taken on board. As he said, we have some of the lowest attendances in the league and It's only by strict budget management is the club able to survive. The team is not the worst I have ever seen, and as we look forward to the new season now is the time to start wondering who will improve, who will end up as No.1, will Lewis Rose clean up at reserve. Lots to keep us occupied before March. Good luck to the team and I hope we have a successful and injury free season.

• Like 6

actually think its a good decision as it may be the making of him, so you would be wrong :)
  • Like 2

Considering what was said regarding attendances and financial affairs probably the best team the promotion could put together.

• Like 2

actually think its a good decision as it may be the making of him, so you would be wrong :)

Agreed. He said he was looking forward to it, and reminded us that he usually had input in the last three seasons. Hoping all his engine issues are now all behind him, and that he will have more time to help the other younger riders, who could have their own issues. I forgot to mention last night that Newcastle are hoping to acquire Ludde as an asset before the season starts. Being a Brum asset, he is currently assigned to the BSPA, and Newcastle has made two offers to buy him for the club. George was hopeful that their latest offer will be successful.

Very dependent upon the two Lewis's upping their averages by 1.5 points each and Steve maintaining his. Could be a decent team but there is a lot of inconsistency there.

Very dependent upon the two Lewis's upping their averages by 1.5 points each and Steve maintaining his. Could be a decent team but there is a lot of inconsistency there.

Hope to be wrong but I just can't see it - think it will be a big struggle this year especially on our travels.

Hope to be wrong but I just can't see it - think it will be a big struggle this year especially on our travels.

Newcastle seem a pretty even team with no out and out no.1 a bit like Worky this season , after the nightmare season that we had last year and falling attendances its just great to know we are all running this season. Our promotion could have easily threw the towel in but here we are weeks away from 2015 . Its not whats written on paper as we know fine well from last year, we have great teams to support with riders that want to ride for the clubs , see you in the Ian Thomas Shield :t:

• Like 4

Apparently we have some of the lowest Crowds in the Premier League. I did not know that. Well I think the Promoters are right to build to a budget. It is no earthly good bringing in Top Liners at tremendous expense and then closing down at the end of the Season because you are bust.

I think the Team is a decent, honest outfit - I wish them every success. I doubt they will finish near the bottom of the League, and, with some decent luck regarding injuries they could well make the 'Play Offs'.

Here's hoping.

• Like 2

Just glad to see a team on track personally. With that kind of make up it's key to get the partnerships right and ensure the track is to the riders liking. Even with Christian we are a bit short of top line experience. Hopefully Porgy will be back in the pits.

Apparently we have some of the lowest Crowds in the Premier League. I did not know that. Well I think the Promoters are right to build to a budget. It is no earthly good bringing in Top Liners at tremendous expense and then closing down at the end of the Season because you are bust.

I think the Team is a decent, honest outfit - I wish them every success. I doubt they will finish near the bottom of the League, and, with some decent luck regarding injuries they could well make the 'Play Offs'.

Here's hoping.

At the bottom end of the crowd levels with the most expensive stadium costs baring Sheffield. I think sometimes others should think before they comment here.

• Like 2

I think it's a great testament to the management, that they hold Ludvig in such regard as offering the Captain's role and seeking to buy him,,, and slap's the face of his knocker's, the customer is'nt alway's right and listening to them is'nt alway's gonna work :-)

I think it's a great testament to the management, that they hold Ludvig in such regard as offering the Captain's role and seeking to buy him,,, and slap's the face of his knocker's, the customer is'nt alway's right and listening to them is'nt alway's gonna work :-)

OUCH!!!!! :t::rofl: :rofl:

As we found out last year RD.

• Like 1