British Speedway Forum
Arson fire

Newcastle 2015

So on saturday can we use rr for him at worky??

Tero is not in the re-declared 1-7 until Sunday, so Konopka guests at reserve for Lewis R and Christian remains in 1-7 on Saturday, dropping to reserve for the match against Scunny on Sunday.

Not really the change I was looking for!!!, Does he make us any stronger, no not really. This reminds me of the Jamie Smith incident, I'm sure he got injured, was replaced and then didn't want to come back/didn't come back, hope the same does not happen with Rose as would be a shame to lose a good talented English rider from our team.

Looking at weather forecast for Sunday, might not get to see Aarnio make his debut.

Interesting to see the scores for Ludvig, Simon and Anton last night, clearly shows nothing wrong with them or equipment so to me clearly shows the track at Brough needs sorting out, looks like we need a bit more material on the outside line for them to prosper. We appear to have no home track advantage, further cemented by the Sheffield result.

Exactly! I can live quite happily with the 'Rough Park' jibes, a home defeat however, much less so.

This change seems to be a reasonable one. Henry should 'take' most reserves and Tero is a 'trier'. Has an unfortunate tendency to fall off at least once in a meeting though, so maybe sometimes tries too hard. A likable guy who should soon have the 'faithful' on his side scores permitting. Since I suggested him as a poss. candidate several matches back, I hope he has some success. If he can merely score at around Henry's average, then his placement will allow us to fill the minor places for more four or even five ones. Too many times this season have I seen a Diamond win a heat to merely keep the overall score as level as before.

• Like 1

This change seems to be a reasonable one. Henry should 'take' most reserves and Tero is a 'trier'. Has an unfortunate tendency to fall off at least once in a meeting though, so maybe sometimes tries too hard. A likable guy who should soon have the 'faithful' on his side scores permitting. Since I suggested him as a poss. candidate several matches back, I hope he has some success. If he can merely score at around Henry's average, then his placement will allow us to fill the minor places for more four or even five ones. Too many times this season have I seen a Diamond win a heat to merely keep the overall score as level as before.

Tero will do a good job for you down in Newcastle, wish him good fortune at Newcastle.

SWINDON reserve Lewis Rose has been diagnosed with a fractured scaphoid after further tests on his injured wrist.

Rose is likely to be out for up to four weeks.

Very sad this. Once again the 'Diamonds' are struck by injuries.

Hope Lewis recovers well.

• Like 1

Scaphoid is one of those bones with little area blood flow, with hence slower recovery times. Should give Tero a good go for the Diamonds though. I would love to see him have a really good month-or more- in our colours. Any news on Christian, anyone?

Real shame fo Rose hope he comes back strong next season for the Diamonds, still think he has potential with a good reserve to remove some of the pressure. It also means promotion dont have to make a decision which would have been tricky, Tero has a chance to impress and he looked up for the battle last sunday despite lack of points. To be fair to him he but was never going find it easy just arriving in the country Rye House wil be better meeting to judge him. Also good chance for Simon after last week excellent peformances and Christian if fit to show they can be a strong reserve partnership.

After the news on Lewis Rose, it's not looking too encouraging for Christian, is that our secret weapon at reserve 'up the creek' ??? :-(

Well if Chistian's own posting proves to be accurate, it seems that our management have yet more head scratching to do. Where can they find a five pointer I wonder in the hope that young Rose returns on time. Short of him being a total flop, the obvious choice is keep Aarnio if averages will allow?

Tero will drop to reserve next month, should help him get in the 'points', shame for Christian,,,

Yeah, Tero should prove to be very dangerous at reserve. But does that put a returning Rose straight into the fire at no2 yet again?

Edited by HadrianDog

Yeah, Tero should prove to be very dangerous at reserve. But does that put a returning Rose straight into the fire at no2 yet again.

Not with a 3.84 average it doesn't.

Checked out the new g/s averages and it seems we have 2.2ish to play with again { or around 6. if Rose is still out. When is the 'transfer' deadline this season?

I didn't know this was set up,but what a great way of helping Lewis and his family at this very distressing time.I don't know if this has been put on this thread but I thought I would anyway.Lets give this as much exposure as we can.

http://www.gofundme.com/d54vykh9fh9

Checked out the new g/s averages and it seems we have 2.2ish to play with again { or around 6. if Rose is still out. When is the 'transfer' deadline this season?

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August, except for Riders returning to the Team after injury.