British Speedway Forum
Arson fire

Newcastle 2015

any idea if its a 18.30 start on sunday due to the footy at 5under1and or is it later :D

Hope springs eternal. :wink::t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just to keep supporters up to date that the supporters club are looking to run coaches to away meetings and remember that every penny raised goes towards keeping speedway at brough park in the future,, but also the lads need to win all there home meetings and hopefully some away 1's also to get the fans back to brough as its the fans that matter the most at the end of the day as well as riders not getting hurt,, so lets get behind the lads and have a good year

• Like 1

Question Newcastle v Sheffield - LC and Newcastle v Scunthorpe - KOC have these meetings been arranged yet

Question Newcastle v Sheffield - LC and Newcastle v Scunthorpe - KOC have these meetings been arranged yet

Not to my knowledge, but I know fixtures have to run before a certain date and discussions are taking place. I'll put the new dates on here when dates are agreed.

Half term report says worse than expected :)

Mine says exactly what was expected as I said before a wheel was turned.

Edited by acclennell

i didnt expect nothing.... And its worse than that lol.

The silence from our promotion is deafening though!! Surely they will tell us they arnt happy, they are working to put things right etc etc.

our PR is terrible, in fact its abysmal!! Is that because they cant be arsed, they treat us with contempt or just have nothing to say??

Newcastle speedway is such a clique that you have to be in 'the circle' to know anything about us.... Why? Why is it like that?? They knew at the weekend that both Swedes were missing but they put it on the website late last night...the day before the meeting....we know there is no money or magic wand but please have the decency to inform us of the club we love now and again because its like nobody cares!!

The whole experience of being a diamonds fan is pretty shabby at the moment sadly both on and off the track....

I realise its not the done thing to be negative and that some think speedway fans should put up and shut up, and be thankfull we have a team regardless and to those i Apologise for speaking my mind with my tin hat on.

• Like 6

The silence from our promotion is deafening though!! Surely they will tell us they arnt happy, they are working to put things right etc etc.

our PR is terrible, in fact its abysmal!! Is that because they cant be arsed, they treat us with contempt or just have nothing to say??

Newcastle speedway is such a clique that you have to be in 'the circle' to know anything about us.... Why? Why is it like that?? They knew at the weekend that both Swedes were missing but they put it on the website late last night...the day before the meeting....we know there is no money or magic wand but please have the decency to inform us of the club we love now and again because its like nobody cares!!

The whole experience of being a diamonds fan is pretty shabby at the moment sadly both on and off the track....

I realise its not the done thing to be negative and that some think speedway fans should put up and shut up, and be thankfull we have a team regardless and to those i Apologise for speaking my mind with my tin hat on.

The PR from Newcastle Speedway now is very poor. It was at its best when Barry Wallace had a full page in the Football Pink every Saturday and we knew everything it seemed. When the Pink stopped being printed it has become so hard to find out what is happening. The advent of the internet should make it easier for the promotion to get information out. The website might look pretty and technical but its lacks regular information even in the lead up to matches. Newcastle United are just as bad at giving out information but the press have reports still trying to create stories about them. Speedway does not have that luxury and has to give the stories to the press. and display on their own websites. Many times I only remember that there is an away fixture by reading on this forum.

A good example of a website that is well run and informative is www.nufc.com which is run not by newcastle united but by some supporters. The information on there is far superior to anything the football club does.

I mentioned on a previous post about changing the race day to a Monday. After last night I realise this was be a nightmare. With all of the Elite League fixtures on a Monday and so many double uppers it would be guests every week. Surely the only solution to that is fixed race days with say Elite League Monday and Wednesday and Premier League any night but Monday or Wednesday

• Like 1

No tin hat required Arson - or there shouldn't be.

As a Supporter who obviously loves the Club and his Speedway you are entitled to your view. You have certainly paid, over the years to earn the right to speak your mind.

Parts of your Post are not the views I hold - but some things I agree with.

I honestly think that the Promotion are doing their level best to ensure a future at Newcastle. I am not in any 'cliques' but I do honestly believe that.

You are right that PR is not very good and could be improved.

Half term report says worse than expected :)

Are people over-looking that we at Newcastle have an in-experienced team?

Let's not forget that Lewis Kerr was a 3 point reserve only 3 years ago and, like Ludvig last year, it isn't really his fault he's at number one. Steve W is only a few years into his speedway career. Ludvig is Ludvig and in the grand scheme of things still relatively inexperienced. Lewis Rose only just starting out really, too.

Also most are coming back from injuries.

Not excuses, really. These are just pointers.

Perhaps we should give them a bit of slack.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that Lewis Kerr was a 3 point reserve only 3 years ago and, like Ludvig last year, it isn't really his fault he's at number one. Steve W is only a few years into his speedway career. Ludvig is Ludvig and in the grand scheme of things still relatively inexperienced. Lewis Rose only just starting out really, too.

That's the managements fault for putting an inexperienced team together though.

Everyone knew we weren't strong enough at the start of the season and so its proved.

Although in there defense I think they were hoping Rose would've done what Kerr & Richie had done in previous years but that hasn't happened.

And nothing against Kerr because I do like him as a rider but when he's getting 3s & 4s as he has been this season then your not gunna win anything

I'm not a Newcastle fan but I read with interest the complaints above, regarding a lack of information coming out of the club. This is a downfall with a lot of speedway teams in my opinion. In this day and age it should be easier than ever to bombard fans with information, press releases and so on.

I "follow" a few professional football and rugby teams on Twitter. Granted, these are bigger sports than speedway, but I think that speedway clubs could help themselves by getting the message out there to the public, by facebook, twitter, internet, e-mail, whatever.

• Like 3

Steve the point is that the team is just not strong enough experienced or inexperienced. The only way to save Newcastle speedway long term in my opinion; and also getting people to attend is to have a team which is challenging on all fronts - yet we're half way through the season approx and the season is already over. There is only a very small amount of people who will go each week no matter what and that number is increasingly dwindling all the time. You need a competitive team to bring the crowds back and this team isn't and never has been; and if the 'in crowd' don't like that then so be it, but you have a look at the crowd this Sunday and tell me I'm wrong.