British Speedway Forum

I agree - why on earth would we want somebody on a 4.28 average that can score double figures for fun week in week out around Sheffield and that is exciting to watch?

His away form maybe patchy, but there is only a small % of supporters who go to away matches, the majority want to see exciting racing and to win at home every week. Hall at reserve would guarantee that

Bringing in Richard Hall would not be a good idea for me, brining him in would mean putting a young lad with little experience in the main body of the team, and we have more points to play around with so why not go for a rider who has far more all round skills.

Compton could probably do a job but anyone who is suggesting Hall or Wilson and their awful away form obviously has no interest in Sheffield winning anything this season.

• Like 1

Compton could probably do a job but anyone who is suggesting Hall or Wilson and their awful away form obviously has no interest in Sheffield winning anything this season.

To be fair Andre's away form was not much better, the difference between using Andre is that Arthur Sissis will stay at reserve, using Richard or Ben would mean putting him into the main body of the team.

• Like 2

i think it would be between andre and todd Kurtz for me.

it all depends whether andre fancies it again after his bad knock at the end of the season, Kurtz would be something of a likeness to taylor pointswise, if not better, I reckon andres inclusion might make us weaker on the road, but we all know what he can do around owlerton, and as much as I love seeing andre ride the place I would like to see us go for Kurtz, could be a trumpcard for us.

Japser, on 21 Feb 2015 - 1:14 PM, said:snapback.png

What happened to the fortress Sheffield Idea then ?

Has a wheel turned yet

Not sure what you mean but surely choice of team would be influenced by the idea of pursuing the fortress sheffield scenario.

looks like it was discarded when we didn't sign Compton, hall, and Wilson :wink:

I don't know the club bought Simon Stead,

Ash Birks is good around Sheffield.

David Bellego is as good as anyone around Sheffield, one the very riders to beat Steady around Sheffield.

Taylor Poole was as a decent 2nd string when he eventually got dialled in.

Ty Proctor is capable of more than his current average.

I think we had a side that could have made us very hard to beat at home this coming season.

We have lost Taylor so we now have to look elsewhere, and it will be interesting to see who the Promotion bring in.

Does anybody know if weve got a date when ty proctor visa issue is likely to be sorted ?

Wonder if this is why Poole's replacement not announced. If Proctor is refused, Garrity and Compton would just fit.

Wonder if this is why Poole's replacement not announced. If Proctor is refused, Garrity and Compton would just fit.

According to SCB on here Ty should be okay for his visa as he qualifies via his Elite League average.

As to why the Promotion has not announced Taylor's replacement, who knows the reason behind that one, maybe they are negotiating with a rider.

Not sure about andres fitness and how the crash will affect him.Garrity would be good value,but I think proctor and Kurtz,if hes available would be a decent signing.We will have to wait and see.Just hope its not going to drag on much longer.